• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gabba: what the fuck are you on about?

Gabba is one of those strange genres - in my mind it's what the europeans call "hardcore" and i'd classify breakcore seperately - but as i've been out of touch that may have changed.

I always found gabba (as i know it) to be fairly dull - it's hardness for the sake of it, and seldom has anything really interesting going on in it.

Breakcore on the other hand, although arguably as noisy as gabba, has more interest for me. I can't deal with more than a couple of hours before I want to hear something else, but I cetainly find a bit of breakcore/jungle/mashup a good laugh to go mental to for a while.

But then I like breaks so all feel free to mock me for my ass shaking musical tastes ;)

Grobert said:
Gabba is one of those strange genres - in my mind it's what the europeans call "hardcore" and i'd classify breakcore seperately - but as i've been out of touch that may have changed.

I always found gabba (as i know it) to be fairly dull - it's hardness for the sake of it, and seldom has anything really interesting going on in it.

I think generally most of it is, espeically gabba in its most classical sense, theres been a bit of a revival in the past few years which is more closely linked along side breakcore though, which is alot more cut up, mashedup with amens hip hop and randomness and is good fun, not quite as much of the post punk speed freak serious german sweaty agro that it originally came from.

Rhombus said:
This was the moment you officially became old.
This is true.

I recently watched some film or TV programme where a man says to himself: "one day, you wake up... and although you don't know it yet, all the music you're ever going to enjoy or be influenced by has already been played".

...or something along those lines.

Shit! :D And then I realised that it's probably true to some degree. Most of my musical tastes are fairly old stuff - early chicago house, jungle, detroit techno, breakbeat, etc. Apart from the Italo/electro stuff that's re-emerging and some of the quite brilliant psy-trance stuff, I'm still as attached to my old school as the day I heard it.

Hence my attempt at broadening my tastes into gabba/gabber. I'll probably stick to psy for now. =D

When I'm old, sitting in my rocking chair (OR HOVERCHAIR!) listening to PsyTrance JungleTek and Gabbar, I wonder what the fuck my grandchildren are going to be listening to.

lol

Me too, I'm going to convince him to come back. I'm sure I've got his number in my phone.

edit: Must have deleted it :( I think I've got him on my msn list though.

Evad said:
that bassline track to me sounds like a pop track with a baby being raped over the top of it, it's shitpop

thats the spirit jungletek bizznizz!
If anyone has that track of the name of the album I'd appreciate it. I lost it in a format and Oink.CD died :(

I have a rather broad musical taste with a specific penchant for the bizarre and borderline unlistenable, so I have a little bit of gabba lying around. It's not the kind of thing that I'd play too often, but it has its place. I tend to like the track titles more than the actual tunes. Now Spitbass: there's a truly bizarre subgenre...

junglejuice said:
I hated it until I banged my face.

I now understand

:D

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fucking spot on. Gabber is shite music.... deliberately shite... it's fucking hilarious!

noone gives a shit if you reckon it sounds like a jackhammer having sex with a copper tank full of children. You're not supposed to sit there on your own with your headphones on trying to pin down it's musical heritage. Nor are you suppose to stand at the back of the rave with your right hand firmly clamped to your beard.

Gabber is the music you're supposed to listen to after you've snorted the fattest line of k/speed/mdma/meth and grabbed the nearest inflateable dolphin to simulate fellatio with. It's just WRONG!

I would never listen to it outside of a facebanging situation. If you are truly curious about gabber, bangface is the first place you should go to.

are you listening tambo? come down to the next bangface!

Last edited:
moved lame attempt at humour by ageing trance fairy into the trance thread :)

just because I can :)

I'm a trance faery, and I don't get hardcore or gabba ether.
I just stay at the back and get drunk.

felix said:
gabba/gabber has a special place in my heart, right next to dubstep and clowncore. :)
that wasn't a lame attempt at humour, it was the plain unvarnished truth and it was on-topic too. don't get sand in your vagina cos not everyone falls at their feet worshipping the same shit as yourselves. :)