European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

GBL Megathread - 2nd dose

kratom luver

Greenlighter
Is GBL useful for temporary bouts of depression if taken on an 'as needed' basis? So, if for example, you are dumped by your girlfriend, you could take it for a couple of days to lift your mood? Or would this force you to rely on GBL as a coping mechanism? I don't see how it would, as they successfully prescribe benzos PRN for bouts of anxiety.

Do you dose like, on the hour? A lot of people talk of per hour doses, I always just made some up whenever I felt like it.

Well, I tend to think in terms of hourly doses but I don't have an alarm set or anything. It just seems to work out at not less than an hour and not more than two. I suppose it depends on how big a dose I'm taking. If I'm on a bit of a Guice marathon then I usually start with a larger initial dose and then go to smaller ones but more frequently. If it's just a one-night wonder then I'll go for a couple of larger doses. Slow and steady to mantain long-term fuckedness or crash and burn, dependant upon circumstance, as it were :).

Is GBL useful for temporary bouts of depression if taken on an 'as needed' basis? So, if for example, you are dumped by your girlfriend, you could take it for a couple of days to lift your mood? Or would this force you to rely on GBL as a coping mechanism? I don't see how it would, as they successfully prescribe benzos PRN for bouts of anxiety.

anxiety and depression are two very different things, of course taking gbl after your gf dumps you is a coping mechanism, just as going out getting bladdered would be

Taking an addictive drug to cope with anything negative is not likely to end well luver. Best avoided I reckon.

Sorry if I missed this because I haven't read the whole thread, but how are we pronouncing Guice? Does it rhyme with juice? i.e. Goose?

that's how i read it yeah, not sure though.

don't call it guice in real life people would just look at me funny lol

First time I heard it called Guice is when my occasional ladyfriend first sampled it and christened it "Lurve Guice". Kinda liked it so started using it here. I'm sure she wasn't the first person to come up with a pleasingly catchy name, but it seems to be spreading wherever it came from. Obviously I think of it as her creation cos I'd not heard or seen it used before (and I'm a lil biased ;) but I imagine it's been around for a while. Definitely pronounced the same as "juice" - just looks snazzier and makes more sense spelt with a "G" :).

Aros said:
Taking an addictive drug to cope with anything negative is not likely to end well luver. Best avoided I reckon.

Very true indeed. Works as a very temporary solution, but rarely remains a temporary solution. Recreational use already carries enough potential for dependence, using it purely as a coping strategy - for anything other than (and probably including) the very briefest of times - is rather asking for trouble, I would suggest.

EDIT: You are not the only one to have noticed, Felix. Some of us just have other things to be getting on with before finding a suitable spot to split it. Honest.

I'll get right on with it immediately - I know my place ;).

Part One of the GBL Megathread can be found here :).

Now please continue with the Guicey goodness :).

I can't stop reading this thread, damned g. determined not to hit it while going through the trying to get real help for anxiety though.

Around these parts, everyone who's done/heard of it calles it juice.

It doesn't have a very good reputation in these parts

mm, the local community of this small town have only really experienced its rather comedic effects as opposed to its er... more, well yeah.

The only peeps in my area who know of the existance of the stuff - other than me and occasional ladyfriend - are a few kiddies who were given it by randoms at festivals. They only know it by the term "Liquid E". Useful cos it means me and said OL can talk about Guice as much as we like without them knowing what we are actually discussing :).

Very true indeed. Works as a very temporary solution, but rarely remains a temporary solution. Recreational use already carries enough potential for dependence, using it purely as a coping strategy - for anything other than (and probably including) the very briefest of times - is rather asking for trouble, I would suggest.

But it is considered an acceptable practice for physicians to prescribe benzodiazepines to patients to take on an 'as needed' basis for transient bouts of anxiety in, for example, panic attacks. Why would taking it for similar bouts of mini depressive episodes be any different?

Guice as in orange juice, or as in "I shot my juice all over her face".

this is funny funny because this one time i was giving a girl a dose of G for the first time,

from a pipette into her mouth.

Me and the pipette were a bit fucked from too much G, and i ended up shooting my guice all over her face.

Cries of "it burns!" and many lulz ensued.:\

^^ It's not really, KL. There are some similararities to benzos (I believe they work on the same receptors of the brain, but could well be wrong - sure someone else knows better) and it carries the same risks of dependance, addiction and withdrawal. Used from time to time it shouldn't cause any problems. It's when you start to rely on it that trouble can arise. Keep it for short-term use just as you would (should) with benzos and I wouldn't imagine it would be too much of a problem :).

^yes i was about to say,
just because docs prescribe benzos, doesnt make them that much better!

I've seen benzos do far worse things to people than G

this is funny funny because this one time i was giving a girl a dose of G for the first time,

from a pipette into her mouth.

Me and the pipette were a bit fucked from too much G, and i ended up shooting my guice all over her face.

Cries of "it burns!" and many lulz ensued.:\

dilute that shit you monster, pipette - mouth to start with is fucking wrong anyway