• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Highest Safe Dose of DXM?

thedeadlywar

Bluelighter
February 9th, 2007, I began using drugs for the first time. My first dose of anything besides alcohol, was DXM. I'm coming up on my year birthday, and I'd like to take a record dose of DXM. I weigh 200 pounds, and I'm wondering what the highest safe dose would be? Would 2000mg work? Maybe a little lower?

I mean why DXM? Having never experienced anything besides alcohol and DXM leaves you in the enviable position of having not yet lost the novelty of psychedelic drugs. Perhaps a "normal" dose of mush or LSD would be better than a "record" dose of DXM. just food for thought.

thedeadlywar said:
highest safe dose

No such thing, really. There's always a boundary to be pushed, but one day, you'll push too far, and you'll be in some serious shit, and your body is your own and unique in it's chemistry and the way that it deals with drugs. I don't understand this compulsion to ultra-high doses. Trip out, have a good time ... trip HARD, if you want, push your boundaries a little, go for that fourth plateau if you wish/dare ... but come on. Highest safe dose? Why? The "highest safe dose" of DXM probably hovers around 60-100 milligrams. But SomeKindaLove, you say, that's not what I mean. But that's what you're asking. And since this is a harm reduction site, that's the answer your going to get. If you're wondering about dosing, please check Bill White's FAQ. He does a far better job than I ever could.

Peace & Love, Love & Light

There's a reason DXM isn't a Schedule 1 drug.
Think about it.

^ so was

BayerHeroin-02.jpg

($4.85 an ounce. I'm getting fucking worked up over here.)

^ your question is asked & answered (in that there is no real answer) and now I'm just busting balls :) nothing but love over here.

Dude, don't take 2g of DXM. That is WAY too high. Maybe 1.5g at the most, you'll get to a 4th plateau for sure.

Why don't you do a more pleasurable psychedelic like MDMA?

^^ Doubt I can grab any by then, and I'm rather broke atm. Also, how is MDMA psychedelic? I've done a lot of 2c's and some MDMA, as well as coke, h meth. You get the idea.

Some of the responses in this thread are just fucking asinine. Who are you all to critique his choice of drug? If you're going to say the "highest safe dose" of DXM is 60-100mg, then by that logic it makes just as much sense to say that the highest safe dose of DXM is 0mg. Harm reduction doesn't mean giving silly, trite answers to questions. It means you acknowledge the fact that the OP will take more than the "medically appropriate" dose, because it is his INTENTION to get fucked up. Therefore, according to harm reduction, we should give him the average dose to achieve what he wants to achieve that will not kill him. /rant

DXM does not follow a standard dose/response curve where the effects are always the same, but get stronger when you take more. DXM has plateaus of effect based on dose that are vastly different from one another. The dose you want to take depends on the effects you want. First and second plateau doses are similar to intoxication from alcohol. Third plateau doses are intensely psychedelic, with intensity depending on where you dose in the third plateau "window" of dosage. The fourth plateau typically leads to a sort of unconsciousness where you are tripping inside your own head, and not really aware of the outside world. Above that is dissociative anesthesia, where you are pretty much in a coma, and above that is overdose and death.

Section 5 of the DXM FAQ on Erowid describes each of the plateaus in detail, so you can pick the one that appeals most to you. I really enjoy third plateau doses, and now take them exclusively if I'm going to use DXM. Different people enjoy different things. I would not recommend charging right into a fourth plateau dose or a plateau sigma dose (read the FAQ for details) without first getting some experience with lower doses. The very first part of that FAQ also lists suggested doses for each plateau. DXM dosage varies according to your weight. For example, the recommended third plateau dose is 7.5-15mg/kg, which I'm sure you can see is a very broad dosage window. If you wanted to try 8mg/kg then start by converting your body weight to kilograms. 200 pounds ~= 90 kg. 90 * 8 (mg/kg) = 720mg.

This is pretty close to what you'd get from 1 355ml bottle of syrup containing DXM at 2mg/ml, which is common for preparations containing Guaifenesin. Guaifenesin is an expectorant that can make you sick to your stomach at high doses. You can either try to soldier through it, or (recommended!) perform a simple extraction on the syrup. You can get more info on this by searching for "dxm agent lemon" or "agent lemon extraction". If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Mods might consider a move to BDD...

This is really a pretty silly topic, but I guess it needs answering....I will move to basic drugs but I wouldn't be surprised if its shut...

thedeadlywar said:
February 9th, 2007, I began using drugs for the first time. My first dose of anything besides alcohol, was DXM. I'm coming up on my year birthday, and I'd like to take a record dose of DXM. I weigh 200 pounds, and I'm wondering what the highest safe dose would be? Would 2000mg work? Maybe a little lower?
What's the highest dose you took before?
I'd say don't take more than 150% of your last dose to be safe.
Though I think going from 1000mg to 1500mg would still be a little steep. I don't know, I've never felt the need to go higher than 300mg with DXM.

If you want to have real fun with DXM take 200mg and eat some mushrooms(maybe half a dose to be safe, though I tried 3.5g and had no problems)! That was waaaay more intense than any psychedelic experience I've ever had. Easily stronger than 5 grams of mushrooms or 300 mics of LSD. And a lot of fun IMO, not just a whole lot of mindfuck. I mean, after all the puking and shitting from the DXM, that is. It would be best to wait with the mushrooms after that part :)

If I wasn't that experienced in psychadelics (less then a year) I wouldn't want to experience a 4th plateau DXM trip, pretty freaky IME and I've done a few and never really liked it.

You're thinking about a dose of 22mg/kg. This is not safe. Don't go above 15mg/kg.

For a 15mg/kg dose, clear your schedule for 36 hours at least. You will spend a great deal of time completely blacked out. The biggest danger is hurting yourself, or getting caught in a panic attack.

What's the highest dose of DXM you've done? Climb slowly. Definitely check out the aforementioned DXM FAQ.

Last edited: