• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Highest Safe Dose of DXM?

lazydullard said:
You're thinking about a dose of 22mg/kg. This is not safe. Don't go above 15mg/kg.

For a 15mg/kg dose, clear your schedule for 36 hours at least. You will spend a great deal of time completely blacked out. The biggest danger is hurting yourself, or getting caught in a panic attack.

What's the highest dose of DXM you've done? Climb slowly. Definitely check out the aforementioned DXM FAQ.

15mg/kg is the top of the Third Plateau. I typically dose at around 12mg/kg for a strong third plateau trip. I have 15-20 minute periods of blacking out and going into dissociative states, but I wouldn't say I spend a great deal of time blacked out. Primary effects usually last 6-8 hours and everything after that is just feeling cross-eyed and slightly stoned. It's usually easy to sleep, and I usually feel elevated but oddly trained (basic psychedelic "integration trauma") the next day. Clearing your calendar for 36 hours seems like kind of an overstatement unless you just want to have a full day after the experience to recover, which isn't a bad idea; just don't think the EFFECTS will last 36 hours.

take around 1g, i dont see how anyone could dose any higher than that. 2000 mgs of dxm does not sound like a good idea.

Great way to turn yourself off of psychedelic altogether man. DXM can be terrifying in high doses, not to mention that at doses that high, you will probably black out alot of the trip. But hey, maybe you're addicted to the ego fuckage like I am. Its why I continue using dxm. Just be safe, have someone watching over you, and if they're in doubt that you're ok, make sure they'll take care of you accordingly. I've had many trips on dxm where I could have easily blacked out and killed myself (notably yesterday, where I stumbled across a busy highway, blacking out every two seconds).

Honostly, do you really need to do 2000 mg? Your not going to remember any of it anyways.. so whats the point?

I'd probably need at least 1.6g to get to a 4th plateau, but I am a really fat bastard. That may not even be enough. I would not even want to try it. I get a solid 3rd plateau from 1-1.2g, and usually get there with 900mg. I weigh 285 pounds. 2 grams would be way too much even for me. It most likely won't kill you, but I would not take the chance. I doubt it would be pleasant even if it doesn't kill you.

I like DXM a lot, but rarely use it. I am too worried about brain damage to do it much.