• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How old will be when you stop drugs/will you use forever?

Good question. I often feel like I'm done, I'm sick of it all, I've tried everything and nothing quite does it for me. But still I keep going.

I figure once I finish my degree and get a job, I'll be out of the loop and probably looking for a house/ thinking about starting a family or whatever. That'll probably be it for me.

I doubt the drinking will ever stop, and the smokes will probably be here to stay. Cigarettes while drunk is just so good. Bloody Victoria and their beer gardens!

Thanks for the detailed reply losthippy :)

losthippy said:
one thing my Dutch friends agree on is that because of availability and a relaxed socio-legal attitude towards some drugs, their own drug-taking habits were more spontaneous than planned. Most have a stash of bud, decent E or shrooms tucked away but they don't simply tuck-in because its there. When the time seems right they indulge, and none plan on giving the game away any time soon.

Did you mean your Dutch friends' habits were less spontaneous than planned?

^ more spontaneous. Aside from festivals and parties they plan to attend these folk seem happy to take it or leave it. If the idea crosses their mind they use, depending of course on circumstance, and this in-turn qualifies the DOC they take. Interestingly, polypharmacy wasn't something they got into, aside from a bit of alcohol or some bud to temper the effects of whatever else they took. I think Dutch drug-users are generally less uptight and blissfully content with their lives because of the purity and availability of the substances they use.

I think Dutch drug-users are generally less uptight and blissfully content with their lives because of the purity and availability of the substances they use.

Interesting theory :)

The dutch are among the happiest people in the world apparently, their country is awesome. Not saying Australia is bad, but the netherlands is just on another level.

I dont know if I will ever stop Im 48 going on 49 and enjoy a shot of dope or a line of coke and deffinetly a bit of bud and most deffinetly some psychs of any kind and have raised 2 wonderful kids a girl 19 ans a boy 20 both are living out on their own and been using since i was 13 when i got my first shot of dope even smoked pot with my kids so they wouldnt go out a get in trouble

and have raised 2 wonderful kids a girl 19 ans a boy 20 both are living out on their own and been using since i was 13 when i got my first shot of dope even smoked pot with my kids so they wouldnt go out a get in trouble

I don't judge pillpopper, but you shot dope with your kids? You were 13 when you shot dope in a room with your kids? How old were you when your kids were born? Must have been 10-11 years old?

Or do you mean you shot dope with your kids when THEY were 13? Sorry for all the questions.

I think raising your kids to be 'good people' is one of the most important things. So please don't think I'm condemning you...personally, I'd never do hard drugs with my kids. I definitely would never hook a 13 year old up with heroin...but I'm probably misunderstanding what you said.

^ I read it as he started using drugs at 13 with a shot of dope. Then went on to say he's smoked pot with his kids. If he's 49 now he must have had his kids at around 30.

I've Slowed down, about 18months ago. Haven't had anything in 12months. I have a problem with not stopping once I dose; chasing the high, you know. This ruined the experience for my significant other, I have since changed but the damage has been done. She doesn't trust my usage, and really I can't blame her. She said I had to choose between her and drugs. I chose her, and I don't regret it. Maybe one day I can turn back and enjoy the occasional MDMA with friends, or share the occasional joint. But right now, I am happy. Plus rediscovering dance music without drugs has been a great side-effect of this long (possibly never ending) break.

So to answer the question, Mid twenties.

Sykik: Well done man, there is light on the other side:) Ive been clean too for quite a long time apart from low doses of codeine which to me isnt a big concern at the moment. If I had to choose Id do the same as you. Whats the meaning of life? I ask this many times from myself. Drugs turn me into an evil monster who doesnt have feelings or couldnt give a shit about anything and anyone. There is so much more things in life that are equally just as good as drugs, I never knew they existed til now.

So I have a pretty significant birthday approaching next week. I have been trying to reduce my use, managed to go 30 something days without smoking meth, but with the date closing in - I just feel enough has to be enough. The last decade has been fucking awesome fun, and that was a decade of really being comfortable with who I was and enjoying my time and experiences.

From here.. I see that my income can no longer be used for self endulgence, with a what the hell its only $$ kind of attitude. I have others who are dependant on me now, I have their future to think of. Age wise I am probably half way through my working life. There is debt to reduce, family holidays to be had, education to prepare for. Fucking dental plans to save for =D

Im ending the era with one last binge.. spent way to much in the last few weeks, and purchased a gram early this week and have smoked for the last 5 days, (my tongue! my tongue! I cant feel my tongue!) and should be all out by Sun.. possible Saturday night. I actually dont want to be on it next week in the lead up to my 'bday bash' and I REALLY dont want to be on it on the day. The majority of my mates I will be with on my bday do not use. I do not want to be a dry mouthed, sweaty/oily dehydrated, blood shot eyed freak on the day. I can say that now.. but I wonder how I will feel as I am getting ready to celebrate???

Im actually a little sad seeing out the last days of being in my 30s.. To me, this next birthday makes me one of the 'Oldies" And in my mind, the other side of next weekend, Is too bloody old to be twirling my little ol meth pipe.

Last edited:
i hope i can still get hookups when im 80. What else is old age good for? The police are never a problem, you can blame anything on senility and you can ask your doctor for morphine

I will probably never stop using cannabis, mdma or certain psychedelics. I definitely see myself toning it down, but I think these substances will always have some part in my life, or at least I hope they do. I've had too many mind opening and life enhancing experiences to simply to give up it all up at some point.

However, I definitely don't see the need for stimulants like speed or meth, prescription drugs and stuff like coke in my life for much longer. I've already distanced myself from most of these, and never was a big user to begin with except for sleeping pills. These drugs are nothing but cheap thrills for me, they don't enhance my life in any way and now that I'm a bit older, I've seen friends that I started out with head down some very dark paths and feel lucky I was able to avoid ending up in serious trouble with any of these drugs.

To be honest, I hope i could abstain again after heavy polydrug abuse during my late teen/young adult years. I wish i could press stop and come back to it when i reach maybe 40-50. Then I can hang my boots up and a call it an innings. I tried my hardest at life and now goes the encore until this mans deeds are done.

I can't imagine ever completely stopping the thought alone is terrifying. I would have to change my entire lifestyle and the only way I could successfully do that is to isolate myself from society completely. In my mind I need these drugs to cope and evolve as a human being. Maybe if I was surrounded by nature or more laid back down to earth people every day I would feel differently but until that day happens I feel trapped I guess in my ways. I want change but hey I love these mind altering substances.

Im 40+ some years and I still indulge, I see all drugs the same and this includes alcohol, Im not sure why drugs have an age limit to them? I know plenty of people from all socioeconomic backgrounds that still indulge in most drugs. Im a professional and most people who met met wouldnt guess I enjoy taking drugs every now and then.

You young uns would be very surprised at the amount of us oldies who still take drugs, I took my first dose of MDMA 24 years ago and still love it now

I think deciding that you'll never do something again is a pretty solid way of guaranteeing that you'll do it again, so I haven't set a firm limit. That said, I hit 25 last year and decided it's time to really tone things back, and other than a half G or so of K that I couldn't bring myself to turn down a couple weeks after my BDay, I've stuck to it so far. I figure 25 is more or less when you lose the excuse of youth, and if I keep indulging at the rate I was then I'll wake up one day realizing I'm in my 30's and still doing nothing with my life but chasing chemicals, and at that stage just write myself off and give up on actually doing anything productive with my life. Maybe there are people out there who can remain functional while still using drugs regularly, but I don't seem to be one of them.

Going to try for a year of more or less complete sobriety (I'm not going to lose my shit if I have a few beers, and I'm still curious about trying DMT one day - but no uppers, no dissociatives, no opiates, no RC's and definitely no needles), use that time to taper off the suboxone and benzos, then reassess things. Part of me likes to think that I would be able to go back to shooting up K, or even opiates, one weekend every month or two, but in my more sensible moments I don't think that's going to work out.

I would like to be drug free for the rest of the my life.

.....but then things get too stressful and I crack and have a weed binge, or go out on pills. At some point every so often it's like my brain goes, 'Fuckkit, fuck all of this!' Longest I've gone without weed in the past 7 years has been just under a year. And then the binge can last for 2 weeks right up until 2 months, until I hit that point again where I love it but I hate it. When, after waking up in the morning, or after getting home from a long day without it, right after having a cone I'm hit with that feeling of loss for my clearer mind.

I'm 32 now. Had experience with weed from age 14 but didn't get into it, prob due to my teenage shock and horror at seeing how caught up with being stoners my 2 siblings became and the effects on their lives and our family. Got into weed heavily in my mid 20s after some trauma happened, and the people I hung out with at the time always had a bong under the coffee table. "Here, it'll make you feel better!" It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee did! From age 18 I took pills regularly for a couple of years - never abused them, only did them once every month or so. I has lucky enough at the time to fall in with a group of slightly older, more experienced partiers, who were great at being sensible with drugs. Done acid a heap of times, never had a bad trip. Have had a couple bad trippy experiences with weed.

I've had great times on drugs, met excellent people....Part of me wishes though I'd never dabbled and never got into though. I feel like I've wasted time and life that could and should have been spent doing other things. Weed addiction is fucking shit, and I think those 'casual' Es affected me more at the time than I realised.

Wish I'd found this forum years ago.

never really, i hope to spend my days of old age nodding like a mf actually