• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Mephedrone Megathread - Third time lucky?

Mugz

Bluelighter
So what is the final opinion on taking a fairly drug with fairly good vasodilator effects without many side effects along with mephedrone???

Would it decrease the odds of having the extreme side effects described in this thread and others or would it just be like a myth like white wine cleaning red wine out of a carpet????

So what is the final opinion on taking a fairly drug with fairly good vasodilator effects without many side effects along with mephedrone???

I would probs say no. Mephs so unstudied that anything could react badly to it in unknown ways.

The best thing to do is: Quit using this chemical completely until some clinical studies are done, or only use it extremely infrequently and in small dosages.

Would it decrease the odds of having the extreme side effects described in this thread and others or would it just be like a myth like white wine cleaning red wine out of a carpet????

I dont think its would make any real difference.

Oddly, the best way to avoid side effects is to stop using whatever is giving you side effects. Strange, but true. Which I learnt pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I'm still kinda hung on meph. Personally I hate it and would never do it again based on the side effects it gave me when I binged ridiculously high amounts. But this is just my personal experience, and it does seem pretty unique. But theres so many more things to consider.

1) are some people just intolerant to meph, and some others lucky?
2) are all the bad side effects are a result of bad synthesis of the chemical with contaminants in it? as there have been many different batches of meph over the yeas.
3) why are there so few documented fatalities (one or two only) from one of the most widely used RC's in the world?

The fatalities do seem low, but this is another thing completely from unknown long term serious health risks.

There's also the possibility that the only reason that mephedrone seems to be getting recent attention as potentially dangerous is because its just so much more popular than all other research chemicals. And if other research chemicals were being used by as many people as meph is, would we be seeing a similar amount of negative side effects? So, in effect, the bad effects are not necissarily due to dangerousness of the drug but due to the inherant side effects that you get from all stimulants and MDxx chems. We're just not seeing a similar amount of side effects for other RC's just because no others are as popular. Does that make sense?

I know that (although these figures are disputed by some, but give a rough estimate) MDMA kills on average 2 in 100,000 users, Alcohol 50 in 100,100 users, Tobacco about 400 in every 100,000 users*. So if meph has 2 deaths in 100,000 users, its not exactly a killer drug in the scale of things.

In the short term, we appear to have been lucky. But I would still advise not to use this one due to my experience with it, and the fact that scientists seem completely happy not studying a drug they know very well is consumed by a lot of people.

We should get some of the pharmacologists on this site with access to free time in a basic lab to meet up with some willing meph users and actually start to measure its effects.

*http://thedea.org/statistics.html#3

The death rate for MDMA, assuming that there really were about 60 deaths directly caused by MDMA in 2000, would be roughly 2 in 100,000 users. The death rate from smoking, by contrast, is on the order of 400 per 100,000 users. Even alcohol, America's official "it's not really a drug" drug, nets about 50 deaths per 100,000 users each year:[3]

[3] Death numbers are based on 'rough justice': The US Centers for Disease Control reports over 100,000 alcohol related deaths per year, with close to 200 million Americans using alcohol. CDC also reports over 400,000 smoking related deaths per year out of about 100 million smokers. The 'ecstasy related' drug deaths number is based on an assumption of about 60 deaths (in all probability there were only a handfull of purely 'ecstasy' deaths) out of a user population of about 3 million (based on the 2000 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse Statistics, conducted by SAMHSA.)

I know im not really a good example, but ive used it numerous amounts of times and never really experiences any of the side effects that have been described in the past two mephedrone megathreads or the ADD thread.

Maybe im just lucky, or it just hasnt hit me yet and will knock me for six in a few weeks time

I'm still kinda hung on meph. Personally I hate it and would never do it again based on the side effects it gave me when I binged ridiculously high amounts.

Without wishing to play down the negative effects so obviously experienced by some people....it seems to me that 'binging' is what has caused the vast majority of problems so far. Nothing is ever safe. But if people could stick to guidelines as they do with paracetamol then perhaps we'd have less blue knees and rapid heartbeats.

EDIT - Obviously there are no 'guidelines'. There is, however, a wealth of knowledge and experience in these threads. I don't think it takes a genius to work out that 500mg-750mg might be a better deal than 5g. Though going by the response from Spade et al last time I posted something similar, perhaps it does....

Last edited:
I'm perfectly satisfied with mephedrone, and am considering stocking up. It's great if you don't redose, and it seems like it'll be great for mixing with psychedelics and other stimulants for a synergistic effect.

It's not an MDMA or methylone substitute, imo, despite it being used that way by most of the users playing with it right now, because of the compulsion to redose and the ultra short duration of effect combined with long lasting metabolites and toxicity.

It's great if you don't redose,

And if you do? I have tried this compound but never had the chance to re-dose. It is like MDMA in which chasing the high is impossible, or can it bring you back to a state of bliss? For example I take 250mg bomb, after an hour start to come down and drop another, will I reach the state I was in previously or would my re-dosing be in vain?

Just from personal experience?

And if you do? I have tried this compound but never had the chance to re-dose. It is like MDMA in which chasing the high is impossible, or can it bring you back to a state of bliss? For example I take 250mg bomb, after an hour start to come down and drop another, will I reach the state I was in previously or would my re-dosing be in vain?

Just from personal experience?

My experience is that I take 250. Bliss. Then another 250 (after 1-2 hours). Bliss. Then another 250 (after perhaps another couple of hours)....definitely a major reduction in bliss, but speedy effects replace this. Once I have taken another 250. I suggest this is a waste of time, unless its the speedy effects you are after.

Your experience may vary. But I doubt by much.

EDIT - Obviously there are no 'guidelines'. There is, however, a wealth of knowledge and experience in these threads. I don't think it takes a genius to work out that 500mg-750mg might be a better deal than 5g. Though going by the response from Spade et al last time I posted something similar, perhaps it does....

I completely agree that 500-750mg would be a sensible limit in an evening. No one can garantee that is safe but my feeling is you'd be minimising the harm this way.

I disagree that the euphoria stops at 750mg and you just get speedy effects from then on. Maybe it does for you SHM but it didn't for me and i get the impression it didn't for other people either. I'm sure it reduces a little with each redose but i've experienced nothing to suggest it stops dead anywhere close to 750mg and the experience of people taking way more than this would seem to support this idea..

I've found that redosing mephedrone kept the euphoria going better for me than MDMA does and could imagine taking it for a much longer period of time if i was inclined to ignore the health risks.

My experience is that I take 250. Bliss. Then another 250 (after 1-2 hours). Bliss. Then another 250 (after perhaps another couple of hours)....definitely a major reduction in bliss, but speedy effects replace this. Once I have taken another 250. I suggest this is a waste of time, unless its the speedy effects you are after.

Your experience may vary. But I doubt by much.

Thanks for this. Do you know from personal experience if this is a similar situation with methylone? I find it hard by research alone to find any of the answers I am wanting. Cheers SHM.

Thanks for this. Do you know from personal experience if this is a similar situation with methylone? I find it hard by research alone to find any of the answers I am wanting. Cheers SHM.

Sorry, very little experience with methylone. Can't comment. Though I will say I took 250+250 redose methylone then 250 mephedrone then 250 mephedrone again and had a great night.

I disagree that the euphoria stops at 750mg and you just get speedy effects from then on. Maybe it does for you SHM but it didn't for me and i get the impression it didn't for other people either. I'm sure it reduces a little with each redose but i've experienced nothing to suggest it stops dead anywhere close to 750mg and the experience of people taking way more than this would seem to support this idea..

I've found that redosing mephedrone kept the euphoria going better for me than MDMA does and could imagine taking it for a much longer period of time if i was inclined to ignore the health risks.

Let me put it this way. For starters I definitely remember reading some if not many reports that agree with my experience. But to use an mdma analogy.

If I took 250mg mephedrone BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS AN MDMA PILL I would say "fuck this is real real good ecstasy"

If I took another 250 redose I would say "shit (I swear a lot, have you noticed?) this is real good ecstasy"

If I took another 250 redose I would say "hmm, ok ecstasy, not bad at all I guess"

And if I took another 250 redose I would say "fuck these speedy pills"

I always take drugs with my g/f. Perhaps its set and setting, perhaps we have similar tolerances and outlooks, but her experience does not vary to mine.

I am not dissing your experience Mr M. All I am saying is that my experience is consistent with many I have read on this board. And I don't take much notice of people's experiences when they prove themselves to be bingers and end up saying "those 6g fucked me up, mephedrone is the pitz".

Sorry, very little experience with methylone. Can't comment. Though I will say I took 250+250 redose methylone then 250 mephedrone then 250 mephedrone again and had a great night.

I always take drugs with my g/f. Perhaps its set and setting, perhaps we have similar tolerances and outlooks, but her experience does not vary to mine.

You go clubbing, pubbing or stay at home? Been doing a lot of fleph in boozers recently, and starting to think it might not be overly wise to get really battered in the boozer, especially in Guernsey. :|

You go clubbing, pubbing or stay at home? Been doing a lot of fleph in boozers recently, and starting to think it might not be overly wise to get really battered in the boozer, especially in Guernsey. :|

Clubbing days are numbered mate. The number being 45. :\

At home, locked doors, drawn curtains and a g/f who loves dressing up. ;)

I made the mistake of answering a knock on the door a couple of years ago while coming up on mdma crystal. It was the local vicar. I've no idea what I looked like or what I said but he sure ain't never come back. :)

^ hahah. :)

I very rarely take any persians with my missus, we just somehow don't click on drugs like we do in "normal" life.

I made the mistake of answering a knock on the door a couple of years ago while coming up on mdma crystal. It was the local vicar. I've no idea what I looked like or what I said but he sure ain't never come back. :)

I also made the mistake of answering the door to 2 Jehovas Witnesses a couple of years back around 10 am in the morning after being up all night with friends on MDMA and a shit load of ket. They were Canadians and had just moved over here so were getting to know the area a bit. When I opened the door I was unaware one of my mates had followed me to the door and laid just behind me on the floor pulling faces and rolling around in a complete mess. One of the guys asked me "is he ok? does he need an ambulance he doesn't look too good" I then had to explain how he was very tired as the medication he had been taking for his sore back had kept him up all night. I then proceeded to babble about how I had my own religion and that the bible was too far fetched for me. They both kind of looked bluntly at me and said they had to move on and thanks for my time. I don't know how I held myself together as drugs + sleep deprivation make me the most unsociable withdrawn alien mess I could ever possibly imagine.

I couldn't even contemplate dosing 250mg of mephedrone, I would say 150mg is the biggest dose I've had in one go orally, but usually closer to 100mg. A redose of the same maybe 2 hours later works well for me.

I don't know how anyone can get 100mg of the stuff up their beak either, no wonder people complain about it hurting or making their eyes water or giving them nosebleeds.

I've come to realise I'm obviously quite sensitive to stimulants, no tolerance to speed or cocaine, used MDMA once or twice in the past 3 years. Is that really unusual? In which case is it really wise to suiggest 250mg as a starting dose!? Is it any wonder some people get anxiety as a result?

I also made the mistake of answering the door to 2 Jehovas Witnesses a couple of years back around 10 am in the morning after being up all night with friends on MDMA and a shit load of ket. They were Canadians and had just moved over here so were getting to know the area a bit. When I opened the door I was unaware one of my mates had followed me to the door and laid just behind me on the floor pulling faces and rolling around in a complete mess. One of the guys asked me "is he ok? does he need an ambulance he doesn't look too good" I then had to explain how he was very tired as the medication he had been taking for his sore back had kept him up all night. I then proceeded to babble about how I had my own religion and that the bible was too far fetched for me. They both kind of looked bluntly at me and said they had to move on and thanks for my time. I don't know how I held myself together as drugs + sleep deprivation make me the most unsociable withdrawn alien mess I could ever possibly imagine.

Funniest senario EVER.

I couldn't even contemplate dosing 250mg of mephedrone, I would say 150mg is the biggest dose I've had in one go orally, but usually closer to 100mg. A redose of the same maybe 2 hours later works well for me.

I don't know how anyone can get 100mg of the stuff up their beak either, no wonder people complain about it hurting or making their eyes water or giving them nosebleeds.

I've come to realise I'm obviously quite sensitive to stimulants, no tolerance to speed or cocaine, used MDMA once or twice in the past 3 years. Is that really unusual? In which case is it really wise to suiggest 250mg as a starting dose!? Is it any wonder some people get anxiety as a result?

People have to take responsibility for their own actions. We are talking about an unresearched chemical. Anyone stupid enough to come here and read one post from someone anonymous to them and act 'blind' on that post would be, well, stupid. People here can only offer their own experiences which are going to be largely controlled by their own tolerances, sets, settings etc. As much advice as possible should be sought before taking any drug, let alone an unresearched one.

I don't think its too outrageous for people here to be talking about doses in the range of 200-250mg. Go back through the threads and I am positive you will find this is a common starting point. It doesn't mean its everyones starting point. Hopefully if people see posts such as your own they might exercise further caution.

I don't think your drug use is common for members of this board. That said, it obviously correlates with some peoples usage patterns and hopefully they will recognize that and act accordingly. What I do find astounding is that you admit you are sensitive to stimulants yet were prepared to eyeball your first doses of another drug, mdpv.

I don't stick any mephedrone up my nose. Bombs all the way.

What I do find astounding is that you admit you are sensitive to stimulants yet were prepared to eyeball your first doses of another drug, mdpv.

That is infact how I discovered just how sensitive to stimulants I obviously am, unfortunately ;) I'm starting to think more and more that anxiety is playing a big role in some users initial negative experiences with mephedrone.

I've used mephedrone perhaps every weekend for 3 months, typically 750m - 1000mg but no more in a 36 hour session over the friday or staurday (once tolerance had built up (!), because my first gram lasted a fortnight dipping into it in the evenings for the odd small line) - I once stupidly stayed awake for 3 consecutive days on it using about a gram in total, and I once got through 2 grams in 36 hours somehow but haven't repeated either since and do not intend to again.

It should be pretty obvious from my previous posts that I've just gradually grown bored with the stuff, but I still find it really difficult to avoid ordering one last gram......despite my perception of it now as a substance which gives far more to its retailer than its users on the whole....