*Review* Friday 10/31/03 Helloween '03 - SW Ohio - $20 no presale

Status
Not open for further replies.

noam

Bluelighter
BASIS PRODUCTIONS AND FOCAL POINT PRESENT...

the mid-west's only "real" halloween party...

HELLOWEEN '03

SW Ohio...$20 @ the door...

flyers are out...get one!!!!

lighting by VAST

sound by THUNDERSOUND

sexy costume contest...$100 for each...

VENDING: TRUE BLUE, UNTRANSELATABLE, HIPPIE MAFIA, AND MORE...

***AREA 1***

6PM: ADubzz - turntableism - cincy - basisproductions.com

7PM: DJ ProblemAddict - DnB - VA/DC - division5krew/decryptoid & associates ent.

8PM: THE REVERAND DEF LEPPER -dayton -

9PM: JEA LEIGH - PITTS. - DnB - left hand entertainment, www.controlthenight.com

10PM: VINNY BRICKS - CINCY - FOCAL POINT - TECHNO

11PM: ADAM JAY - INDY - TECHNO (DJ SET) - azure/primate/wellknowndjs.com/subterrorHQ.com

12AM: FRANKIE J. - CHICAGO - DnB - the sound republic

1AM: SNUGGLES - CHICAGO - DnB - strictly jungle/forte

2AM: CASPER - CHICAGO - 2-STEP - strictly jungle/good looking/true intent

3AM: THE BAD LIEUTENANT & BEET - CINCY - DnB (LIVE PA) - Focal Point/caution recordings/wellknowndjs.com

4AM: DJ PUNCH - NYC - BASIS PRODUCTIONS/PURE-ADRENALINE.ORG/6STEP.ORG - ACID

5AM: SKAT - NYC - ACID - PURE-ADRENALINE.ORG/6STEP.ORG/BASIS PRODUCTIONS

***AREA 2***

6PM: Oompa Loompa - trance - airplane clique/gsp entertainment - cincy

7PM: Tom Sawyer - UK hard house - airplane clique/gsp ent./raversonly.com - cincy

8PM: Dala - ghetto tech/booty house - basisproductions.com - dayton

9PM: DJ SEZORGY - CINCY -BASIS PRODUCTIONS - HARD TRANCE vs. vs. STRAIGHT VIZUAL - CINCY - HYPNOTIC THERAPY - HARD TRANCE

10PM: SAM C. a.k.a Sub Kultur - DnB - CINCY - BASIS PRODUCTIONS

11PM: INFINITE GREY - CINCY - HOUSE (LIVE PA) - linenoiz.com

12AM: THE LADY FOUR SQUARE - WISHING WELL/HUSHABYE vs. NELSON - TOLEDO - BLACK SUN ENT./ASCENSION AM -HOUSE

1AM: ALASKA - DnB - PITTS. -left hand entertainment, 412dnb.com

2AM: T-REXX - DAYTON - FOCAL POINT/ PB+J - BREAKS

3AM: REACT - CINCY - SUBSONIK - TECHNO

4AM: CREATOR BATRE' - CINCY - BASIS PROD. - DnB LIVE PA

5AM: BABY JIGGA G. - CINCY - BOMB FAMILY/FOCAL POINT - DEEP HOUSE

MC RONIN - OXFORD - MC/HOST - FOCAL POINT/DECRYPTOID & AS.

CD RELEASES: DJ PUNCH, SKAT, CREATOR BATRE', SAM C., JIGGA, T-REXX

***save your bracelet from Helloween'03 and get $5 off Pure Drum n Bass on Nov. 1st***

check the websites or this thread for updated lineups and more exciting things happening at Helloween '03.

info @ www.basisproductions.com

BASIS INFO LINE: 513-588-4688

other info: 513-221-TRUE ---- 513-665-6572

hotel/lodging info: TBA

***R.O.A.R. IN FULL EFFECT***

***NO MARKERS, WEAPONS, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, FIREWORKS PERMITTED***

guestlist is strictly limited to industry pros. --- DO NOT ASK OTHERWISE!!!

driving times:
cincy - 1 hour
columbus - 1.5 hours
indianapolis - 1.5 hours
lexington - 2.25 hours
louisville - 2.75 hours
cleveland - 4.25 hours
toledo - 2 hours
pittsburgh - 4 hours
chicago - 5 hours

>>>web support<<<
www.basisproductions.com
www.focalpoint.to
www.thundersound.nu
www.truebluestore.com
www.thedigitalfire.com
www.djpunch.net
www.pure-adrenaline.org
www.linenoiz.com
www.controlthenight.com
www.blacksunentertainment.net
www.wellknowndjs.com
www.ravetrash.com
www.bluelight.ru
www.lolli.org
www.infintgrey.com
www.columbusunderground.com
www.sceneohio.com
www.sceneindiana.com
www.scenetennesee.com
www.louipimps.com
www.glasscityrecords.com
www.modulated.org
www.strictlyjungle.com
www.zeropointrecords.com
www.djadamjay.com
www.vinnybricks.com
www.alkaline-records.com
www.mixthings.com
www.groovereactor.com

get ready folks...Basis Productions and Focal Point full force attack on the mid-west!!!

much luv
-basis

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooooooooooooo excited for this event.

We come correct on halloween.

When was the last time anyone saw snuggles on an ohio line-up?

right the fuck on
this will be a dope event and will definatley go down as one to remember..me and foursquare will be rocking it out :)

Definitely Nelson.

You and Marea had a great set together at Rev 4.

it'd be great if peeps would start spelling it right...

foursqare
there's no "U" in sqare

yeah sorry guys but this is no longer midwest's only halloween party.... good luck to ya

Naptown whut?.... DDP crew Whut!

good thing you guys got links for all of us to see what you got goin on...

or flyers for that matter...

hmmm...

I've been trying to contact the crew supposedly doing a halloween party in indy for about a week now. I have left several emails, private messages, and voice mails in an attempt to find out what is going on and clear any problems there might be. As of yet I have not gotten a response, haven't seen a post, and haven't been able to contact anyone who has details on it, so i have to assume that there isn't much else going on.

Gary or whoever else is involved, please email me at [email protected].

Dvine_Jnglist_Soulja said:
yeah sorry guys but this is no longer midwest's only halloween party.... good luck to ya

Naptown whut?.... DDP crew Whut!

This is why promoters claim dates. This is why we had pre-flyers in Indy over 2 months prior to halloween. It works out better if people do events on different nights. Regardless, if you decide to go ahead with this date, I wish you the best. A lot of Indy kids seemed excited to see casper and snuggles coming through.

Yea matt im goin ot have to come see u spin again of course after my child does her trick or treating

heard dat nap town dont play no mo! heh..i was curious bout flyerz too..but i think when da shit goes down..you better be ready :p ...either way...i gotta show my indy kidz luv...they are good people..sounds like a dope event though...good luck :) ~damon~

I am as excited as anyone else about Indy successfully evading the law that doesn't allow raves within city limits and getting itself back on the map. My only point of contention is the fact that some indy kids are going to be in dayton that night, and some dayton/cincy/columbus/louisville/lexington kids that would like to see dara, will also be in dayton that night. I am all about indianapolis having more successful events, I just think it is going to take cooperation and date sharing with Ohio and Kentucky promoters to get the turnouts you would like to get.

dude, if they wanna have a party on halloween, then they can... it's incredibly tacky to keep pushing the issue...

We are just responding each time someone mentions another event on our thread. Since when do people attack promoters for trying to share dates anyway?

Snuggles is definitely fab, but all you had to say was ADAM fuckin JAY! This man is guaranteed to rock any dancefloor you give him!

Exactly what I'm talking about.

Snuggles is one of the original chicago junglists. He released several legendary mixtapes with DJ 3D which were responsible for spreading the new sound throughout the midwest and U.S. as a whole. Join us on halloween to catch is first Ohio appearance in 3 years.

We are so lucky to have such a talented producer in Adam Jay living so close to us. This man has been releasing a relentless assault of records on labels such as azure, primate, and zinc. The second the needle hits the vinyl, the dancefloor will explode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.