*Review* Friday 10/31/03 Helloween '03 - SW Ohio - $20 no presale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... SEA MONKEY...

First of all, you are complaining about Rev. Def Leper... Jason... one of the craziest mofos ever... he doesnt care what you think about him... or his set... and that track he made, he played on a cd player as a joke... FOR ME. The vocals in that track was ME... it was a big inside joke... a funny one at that...

You wanna complain... jason played a 8 o'clock slot.. you dont like to listen to a local that likes to have a good time, then dont come to a party until the headliners come on... punk.

And you have the nerve to diss on our Mcs? Dez is one of the most talented people in ohio.... you can have your opinion... blah blah blah... but you cant diss on a dude that has more talent that youll ever touch.

You really should loosen up. And maybe if you wouldve pulled whatever was stuck out... and just chilled, you wouldve found jasons set as funny as i did.

props to noam... <3 my durty old man....

Oh and hi bluelight... im stes.

thank you heather sooo much and doc too

thank you noam and josh...I had a hard night but I really enjoyed the costumes! I wish more people would have been in the main tent and as always I'm sorry I didn't get to see everyone that was there

hope everyone had a safe and happy halloween

Mystery6766 said:
IF YOU DONT LIKE US DONT COME...maybe you like seeing a bunch of kids pressed against tha speakers trying to increase the intensity of their rolls, but you wont find that shyt at a party like pure(except for tha small crowd of high school kids puddled in tha back)

In response to the above quote, If I am not not mistaken he said he was dissapointed because no one was dancing and eveyone was standing around or messed up on something. Therefore your comment makes no sense. This forum is to place opinions, not everyone is going to appreciate what you want them to.

ummm, 1st of all...at no ponit during the night did i see high school kids pressed against the speakers.

i suspect that perhaps this comment was intended for the comment above mine, i'm not sure though. i never told anyone not to come. big problem here is that ppl are using this thread for Pure comments and reviews. what sea monkey said about dancing was in referance to the Gym Club which has absolutly nothing to do w/ Helloween.

so either you are confused or i'm really missin something here.

sall good...i was confused but things just didn't seem to fit right so thats why i asked.

DAMN..

I'm kickin my head off for not going to this one. i did went to the next day party.
DAMN..
should've gone to this instead..looked lots more fun to me i guess but oh well its all good. finally i got to dance 4 hrs straight in a party lmao..who cares :p but it can be said i'm the only one asian was most energetic there..again who cares :p
i kinda feel helloween has the vibe i dig in a partay.
well...ill try your next party josh..
btw, do u still 'member me?

PeaceLoveUnityRespect,
jay

Of course I remember you Jay, it's only been about a year.

Hopefully you can make it next time.

Future events will be posted at www.focalpoint.to

Check out Deuces Wild on the 15th of this month for another great party.

got lost

yeah me and my friends tried to go to HELLOWEEN but never made it .... info lines didn't give the right direstions and we got lost for about 10 hours 8( did any one else get lost tryin to find it?

PERSONALY

I had a great time
Noam good seeing you again!
party was real fun... aside from all the lil problems... big thumbs up to Basis
looking foward to our future.

I love halloween

yeh I shoulda went to this party too...instead of the alternative.

sounds like more fun, less bitching (drama that infects other threads)...

hey focalpoint I'd really like to work witchall on an outdoor party this coming summer. we're doing Curdstock 4 in late august and it sounds like we could really mesh well. 9loud played at a toned down version of the series (wurdstock 2) last summer and nightbreed helped out also. we're expecting 4 areas, 100+ djs/live acts/bands, and hope to go 4 days at huge outdoor venue that is 100% legal (definetly possible--have done it before!). get at me or mike devine if you want to and we'll throw some ideas around...

bigups...667 (SAE/Nightbreed.Amanda/Columbus.dnb)

Re: got lost

binky420 said:
yeah me and my friends tried to go to HELLOWEEN but never made it .... info lines didn't give the right direstions and we got lost for about 10 hours 8( did any one else get lost tryin to find it?

Sorry to hear that. The directions were accurate but difficult. Several hundred people found the venue with the same directions. Better luck next time.

this party was ill. i had a blast playing. the sound rocked. weather was fitting... noam and josh did a great job!

Dvine_Jnglist_Soulja said:
What pure drum and base party did you go to?.... i know this isnt the thread but i cant hold this back... I have been to 3 events in the mw every week for the last 13 weeks and that was an incredible experience... and you might want to listen and hear aphrodite again if you can take it cause his shit doesnt sound a damn thing like a single set that was played at PURE so please dont insult all that INSANE amount of skill and talent by comparing voigt kampf, core james, adam f, ODI, Jsmooth, loki, shapeshifter and sinister and etc to fucking aphrodite.

I never compared anyone to Aphrodite.

i havent heard your shit before but i sincerely doubt you could hold a fucking burnt out match to most of the cats at pure or at helloween...

Well it's unfortunate that you would make that judgement before even giving me a chance, but you're probably right... I've only been spinning for a year.

I fucking love atmospheric and jazzy shit, best set ive seen so far this year was LTJ infact, but you know that isnt what the majority of the djs at pure spin... I am bewildered by your post...

If there's anything in specific I can clarify, let me know. People seem to think that I'm insulting the DJs and the promoters, despite my disclaimer in the original post. Mostly, I was disappointed in the lack of excitement and energy that I came to love about OH parties.

MoLohOn said:
i have to back up ryan right now and speak my peace to this individual who has so rudely posted about tha ohio scene,

rudely? A bit frustrated perhaps, but the most 'rude' I got was in my opinion of the MCs...

first off, i dont know who you are, or who you think you are,

I'm Sea Monkey: computer enthusiast, music lover, dj, wannabe producer. Nice to meet you.

but let me tell you who you are not...you were not asked to spin at pure dnb,

correct.

even when you offered to do it free of charge in tha middle of tha party you were denied,

actually, that was at Helloween...

so how dare you insult tha dj's and emcees at pure,

I never insulted the DJs... just the MCs.

i take personal offense to this seeing how many of them are friends and all of them are people that i respect and appreciate due to their talent as performers and their support and commitment to being a part of our scene, even if it was for just that nite that they could be with us. i am especially annoyed by your comment about damian or dez being shushed during voight-kampff's set, i dunno what you think you saw, but that set was incredible and the four of them have massive respect for one another and would not ever disrespect one another (unlike yourself)...

I just wasn't impressed. I didn't hear anything I considered to be thought-provoking or original. Who knows, maybe I didn't see what I thought I did...

as for your insult to tha crowd, IF YOU DONT LIKE US DONT COME...

It's this kind of hateful attitude that discourages me from doing so. Raves used to be a safe-haven for me where I was accepted and felt free to express myself. Now, politics and who you know make a difference as to whether or not people will even look at you, let alone talk to you.

maybe you like seeing a bunch of kids pressed against tha speakers trying to increase the intensity of their rolls, but you wont find that shyt at a party like pure(except for tha small crowd of high school kids puddled in tha back), practiacally all tha people there were supportive and were enjoying tha music because they love it, period.

I'll refer back to the original post here...

More of my animosity towards this past weekend was a result of the lack of interest most of the attendants of these two parties showed. I've never seen so few people dancing at the Gym Club. Most were standing around looking bored or fucked up.

do yourself a favor and dont come on here, or anyother board, and insult my friends, ohio (or any other) junglist, djs, emcees, or promoters that came out to put together a nite of entirely dnb because my guess is that by mid afternoon when your post is read by many others, you gonna have pissed alot more ppl off than just ryan and myself...either way, i hope that you opt not to attend future ohio parties and im sure that wont be a problem considering how much sh*t you have to say about them, as for tha junglist, artists, and promoters that were in attendance at pure dnb, thanks for a truely one of a kind party, much respect and dnb, pz
molly

I wish you weren't so hateful.

Positive Phlow said:
We'll said Molly, Sea Monkey will NEVER get a chance to play one of my parties, or any of my other friends parties who are promoters.

Well that's no way to make friends...

I do remember your dumb ass now, bugging me when I was trying to keep my shit in order. Please just don't come back to my parties. I don't have any time to waste.

Sorry for offerring my talents when I thought they might be useful. Sorry for attending your parties, bringing my friends, giving you money, and supporting the performers. Sorry for wasting your time.

Peace OUT,

DREW

You don't *seem* very peaceful...

Status
Not open for further replies.