Sat 2-22-03~One Love~NE Ohio~****Review****

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, who else busted their ass on the ice outside the venue? Well after myself and 2 others I was with (leaving nameless since one is a mod on here.. hehe) slipped and fell on the Ice, I know more did. Kyle said he saw like 7 people bust their asses too. And if you didn't have to walk to the hotel in the damn blizzard, you missed out!.... uh, not! It sucked.. If you were there ya know what I'm talkin bout.
Now.. enough with the weather, on to the party. After a usual Ohio party start, SLOW, it picked up around Midnight and kept on goin all night. If there was a DJ that you weren't groovin' to, there was ALWAYS one in another room throwin down a phatty set!
Highlights of the night:
Adam Wright - This kid can throw down some hard ass breaks! I watched him in awe for about half his set until my head hurt from the loud ass system in the upper, back room. God job man, look forward to seein ya spin again! Oh ya, next time ya spin, try not to make it look so damn easy! I want to be able to spin like that.
Seth & Mack - Sorry the system you played on sucked, but: The set you guys threw down was phatty. Very unexpected! Nice change from the tribal that you have been throwin down lately. Ya need to do that more often.
JJ Boogie - Nice set as expected from ya, especially loved the closing! Thank you for the CD you gave me.
Trip & Jason - After a slow intro, you 2 pick it up and rocked! Best set I've seen you 2 spin together. Look forward to seein ya some more!
DJ Rap - Im not a big DnB fan, but she threw down some good tracks & she didn't suck like most people say. I think she got the crowd movin!
Kitsonik, Clay & Anita, Tease, Mark Mayhem, and everyone else - Ya all threw down phat sets. Sorry I'm not goin into detail, but still all damn GOOD!
And shout outs to everyone that was in the Hotel after the party! Kyle, Layha, Jason, Rana, Trip, APX, Ashley, Erin, Marcy the peeps with you, Layah's friends that popped in continuiously, and anyone else I forgot: Nice seein ya & we need to do it again! Erin, you need to come and punk on Kyle some more!
And last and formost - Brandon
Thank you for throwin the party, the hotel room, pullin the kids in from the cold before the party, and everything else you do. Sorry you lost money on the party, but keep your chin up. Your the reason alot of us still party. Again, there are not enought thanks owed to you & more people need to let you know how much you mean to us( the Kids) and the Scene in whole.
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: INTGRA2NER ]

What a weekend this has been. VERY little sleep and no shortage of crazy ass events. My dumb ass copies & pastes the wrong address to the venue so we end up in Lakewood at some redneck bar called the Eagles Nest :( Thanks to some helpful gas station attendants we found our way to Lorain safe and sound. Drive time from my house to the party, 5 hours, which would've been about 1 1/2 under good driving conditions
Music
Voigt Kampff~ first set of the night for me & it was one of the best. Regardless of your taste in music these guys represent everything that is good about it. I talked to several people from cleveland&pitt that had never seen them b4 and were blown away :)
Odi~ nice mix of different styles of DnB it was nice to hear him on a proper system. I saw him in toledo two weeks ago in a living room :D . Mos definitly was feelin his set more than Rap's although she was nice.
Jackal~ WEEEEEEEE dood I don't care if he did that whole set via the computer he was fuckin DIRTY!!! Fave set of mine by far. Nice to see breaks taking their place in the main room
Nautigrove and Psykosis~ I had to pull myself away from your tag set to see Jackal but you had me movin for sure.
Peeps
~always a great party w/ my lady love :)
~nice meeting Lingo and his buddy Evil Core Clown. Lingo your secret is safe w/ me *destroys disposable camera ;) *
~lolly jolly (daughter :) ) thank you soooo much for letting us crash, we would've been up a creek w/o you. <3 U
~Toledo was well represented for sure. Hope we get that kinda love March 8th for Dara.
~You indy kids are hardcore driving all that way in this weather. wondci if that pic is as cute as I suspect it's gonna be we'll print you a double :) ogre I'll be @ newparty to wish you a happy b day lol you drink gin right :)
Thanks to Brandon and Wishing Well for pulling this event off against all odds. In a fucking level 3 snow emergency you put close to 1000 heads in that building. Anyone else want more parties @ that venue?? Hope everyone got home safe and see ya's at Back to Basics

Originally posted by cravNbeets:
~You indy kids are hardcore driving all that way in this weather. wondci if that pic is as cute as I suspect it's gonna be we'll print you a double :) ogre I'll be @ newparty to wish you a happy b day lol you drink gin right :)

Us Indy kids are hard-core when we wanna get places. Kyle, Layha, Layha's BF Jason, My GF Rana, and myself all left Indy early enough to only drive in the RAIN on the way there. Even tho Kyle got a speeding ticket (76 in a 65), he got us there safely. Getting back was a different story. Hell, getting to the Hotel that was 3 blocks from the venue was hard enough. Once you got on the major hi-ways it seemed to be ok. When we got back to Indy it seemed like Indy got pounded. There was snow that was drifting 8+ ft. But once again, Kyle pulled thru and got us home safely.
I only wish that I lived in Ohio and didn't have to leave the state to goto good parties. Indy needs to come back. Brandon, throw a party in Indiana!

Originally posted by INTGRA2NER:

Highlights of the night:
Adam Wright - This kid can throw down some hard ass breaks! I watched him in awe for about half his set until my head hurt from the loud ass system in the upper, back room. God job man, look forward to seein ya spin again! Oh ya, next time ya spin, try not to make it look so damn easy! I want to be able to spin like that.
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: INTGRA2NER

Thanks a lot!! that means a lot to him!! and u can check him out march 1 at back to basics 3

Originally posted by bgpartypeeps:
Thanks a lot!! that means a lot to him!! and u can check him out march 1 at back to basics 3
Dunno if Im gonna make it there. After this weekend and going to Dayton on the 15th for my birthday, I'm not gonna be able to afford B2B 3. Sorry tho!!
But, how would I go about getting a CD or something like that of Adam Wright? Lemme know

~One Love Review~Feb 22nd~Lorain Ohio~Thanks guys for your support~

On behalf of Groovefuel and myself I would like to thank everyone who trekked out in the bad weather to make it a great night. Without you guys the turnout would have been a lot worse and therefore would have put us in the hole further than we are now. I had a good time and I think all of you did too. The djs were off the hook, the lighting and sound were off the hook, except room 4, and the vibe was intact. Please email me at [email protected] and let us know how your party experience was and what we could have done to make it better. Wishing Well is always striving to make the experience better and this is just one step in the right direction. I love you kids to death so be safe and I hope everyone made it home safe from the party. See you all at Newparty, March 15th.
Brandon
www.wellknowndjs.com
www.wishingwellproductions.net

I posted this on the original thread, but since this is a designated review thread, I'll put it here too.
OK, who else busted their ass on the ice outside the venue? Well after myself and 2 others I was with (leaving nameless since one is a mod on here.. hehe) slipped and fell on the Ice, I know more did. Kyle said he saw like 7 people bust their asses too. And if you didn't have to walk to the hotel in the damn blizzard, you missed out!.... uh, not! It sucked.. If you were there ya know what I'm talkin bout.
Now.. enough with the weather, on to the party. After a usual Ohio party start, SLOW, it picked up around Midnight and kept on goin all night. If there was a DJ that you weren't groovin' to, there was ALWAYS one in another room throwin down a phatty set!
Highlights of the night:
Seth & Mack - Sorry the system you played on sucked, but: The set you guys threw down was phatty. Very unexpected! Nice change from the tribal that you have been throwin down lately. Ya need to do that more often.
JJ Boogie - Nice set as expected from ya, especially loved the closing! Thank you for the CD you gave me.
Trip & Jason - After a slow intro, you 2 pick it up and rocked! Best set I've seen you 2 spin together. Look forward to seein ya some more!
DJ Rap - Im not a big DnB fan, but she threw down some good tracks & she didn't suck like most people say. I think she got the crowd movin!
Kitsonik, Clay & Anita, Tease, Mark Mayhem, and everyone else - Ya all threw down phat sets. Sorry I'm not goin into detail, but still all damn GOOD!
And shout outs to everyone that was in the Hotel after the party! Kyle, Layha, Jason, Rana, Trip, APX, Ashley, Erin, Marcy the peeps with you, Layah's friends that popped in continuiously, and anyone else I forgot: Nice seein ya & we need to do it again! Erin, you need to come and punk on Kyle some more!
And last and formost - Brandon
Thank you for throwin the party, the hotel room, pullin the kids in from the cold before the party, and everything else you do. Sorry you lost money on the party, but keep your chin up. Your the reason alot of us still party. Again, there are not enought thanks owed to you & more people need to let you know how much you mean to us( the Kids) and the Scene in whole.

decent event...i've seen better from you before though. i didnt like the sound at all. i dunno, you should've went with the guys your used at rtb2,w.w.3...ect...the lighting was good but not f*kin amazing, you use the same rigs almost every event if im not mistaken...and your no nonsense "black panthers" you had on hand were pushy, bothersome, and downright annoying at times. if that is what you need to do to cut down a very obvious problem then fuck that...i dont need the intimidation and rude behavior upon arrival. that's not quality and i'm not your problem. whatever happened to "firm but friendly"....but i dunno, they might have been the clubs regular task force...AS FOR THE TALENT..
*FACTORe...hmmm, did anyone see this man? i loved him to say the least. far more entertaining then others...but im not gonna write volumes on it...
*VOIGHT-KAMblahh blahh bla...these guys fucking tore it up...i've never caught to much of thier act but i saw the last 25 minutes of it and i have to admit, i was impressed...i dont get impressed to easily but they did what they did well...to say the least i think they showed up rap & odi...and feelgood couldnt keep people in his room...
*ODI...hmmmmmmmmmmmm, that takes a big one...hey did anyone get SINISTER's CD...didnt like sinister, dont like odi...im not gonna down him cause he's doing his thing...but that's not my thing
*RAP...DIDN'T EVEN WATCH HER...i watch her ass in a twix commercial and her cd learning curve was terrible...i have a couple singles on vinyl from propa classics but they do stay in the WAY BACK of my collection...i simply refrained from another dissapointment...
i cant say i think the whole line up did a great job but you did have some good dj's.......and some bad ones.but lets not talk about that.
***in my opinion...i think you should stick with dayton or cincy...but who am i to tell you where to throw your parties at? i just went to this one expecting the same atmosphere a WISHING WELL event use to have...see you next time your in dayton.
.....ok ok...sucked was a harsh word...maybe i should've used the phrase "of lesser quality"
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: DaNxtPicasso ]
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: DaNxtPicasso ]

Thanks to everyone who came out!! The weather sucked, yes.
I wouldn't say the party sucked, though. You have to remember, DaNxtPicasso, that every city and scene has its own vibe. Plus, people showing up to an event pissed off and worried about the weather is going to affect the attitudes of those there.
I had one hell of a fun night. The talent was AMAZING...
Odi - What can I say??? DOPE. He commands the fucking decks like noone I've ever seen. There is no touching Odi, he was the best set for me at Boo 7 in October against all the huge mother fuckers and he didn't dissapoint on Sat. night, either.
Rap - If you don't listen to a DJ just because she was in a candy bar commercial, you are pretty pathetic. Rap owns, she threw down the vibe she is famous for at One Love and it was an experience not to be missed (specially for petty, jaded logic). I was hoping she would have gone into breaks her last 30 minutes, but, it was still fucking amazing.
Annalyze - DOPE. Scratching + breaks and 2-step + better than 99% of the cats out there = hot. She is going places.
Jackal - The whole room was either dancing or standing in shock. Jackal's set was truly incredible. The beats and tunes and samples and MP3 on 2 CD players... all geniously mixed with precision madness. This man is truly one of the most talented producers and performers in electronic dance music. He is one of the few artists who keeps the "dance" in mind in production and performance. 60 minutes of non-stop insanity, thats what it was.
His digital mix steps out of the electro-core / breaks genre he and Hyde and DynamixII are most known for and pounding the Nest with a massive, unrivaled beat. Even if one wasn't digging the hard house heavy set, much respect is in order for what he was pulling off with a couple CD plays and a laptop.
:: bows :: Scott, you are truly fucking amazing, bro, thanks for coming out and rocking for us and I'm honored to work for you.
"I don't like to give them a second to breath" - Scott Weiser (Jackal) after his set.
"He's fucking brilliant" - DJ Rap during his set.
Keep an eye out for Jackal to return to the midwest with his cohort Hyde.
All in all, I had the most fun at this party than I've had in a long time. Thank you so much for everyone who came out; the staff, volunteers, agents, artists.
Thanks to Brandon and his crew. Layha, Michelle, Nelson, Pshush, and all the rest of my hommies. Ed, I haven't met a more incredible person... thank you so much for all you do that isn't seen and giving Brandon some sanity to hold on to! Thanks to everyone who helped the sound dudes load out.
Most of all the fans. Thank you Midwest for the continued support and bringing the vibe to our FIRST event in northern Ohio.
I appologize to all those who missed One Love or had a shitty night because of the weather.
Josh
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: groovefuel ]

ive been very happy with the quality of... raves, parties, events, "THOSE THINGS" lately, keep up the good work!

i didn't get to go this one but i was just wondering if charles feelgood showed up? and if so how was his set?

^^I didn't catch too much of his set, but what I did see was kinda draggin me down. I was shocked that they had him downstairs instead of the main room where Odi was spinning. I soooooo enjoyed when he broke out It takes 2!!!!!

well it took us like i dunno how many fuckin hrs stuck in that damn traffic jam. had to sprint inside so clay could rip it with anita!!! odi fuckin rocked it!! adam wright is the shizzie!!! annalyze is soooooo fucking dope!!
i just cant wait for jackal and hyde
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: bgpartypeeps ]

I had a blast. The music was good, Feelgood tore it up in the house room downstairs. Jackal's set was very intense and off the hook. Dj Rap's mixing was flawless and there was a good, strong vibe kickin through out the morning. I was also impressed by a lot of the local djs that were putting everything they had into it. Glad to see that there were not a lot of people messed up and everyone was having a blast.
Props to Brandon and Josh for coming up to Cleveland and helping their weak scene get one more chance. The party was slaming an I had the most fun i've had in a long time.
P.S. Analize fell twice and I fell once

Good party despite the weather that obviously affected the turnout. Still a good crowd was there for most of the night.
Lots of people dancing, lots of quality music being heard in various rooms of the venue...well done.
Intranger: Yeah the system was beyond horrible..but we still played out as best we could. And yes..we always try to bring something a bit 'different' than what you may 'expect' us to play...keep it fresh, keep the folks guessin ;)
great night...danced my arse off as usual...good times :)

Originally posted by wishvibe21:
[QB]I love you kids to death so be safe and I hope everyone made it home safe from the party. See you all at Newparty, March 15th. [QB]
B you know by now that that love goes both ways from everyone that attends your parties. And especially from me and i cant express that enough and i hope you know it.
The party it's self i thought was off the hook. Too bad about 100 or more people couldnt find their way through the weather to join the rest of us that was rockin the mutha fuckin place. Overall despite feeling kinda sick from eating a yellow jacket and noting else i had a blast hands down.
rap kicked ass, anita and clay tore it up, todd riped shit to all hell (sorry i couldnt see more of it man i realized i lost my phone right in the middle of your set), and whoever played the breaks set with the dire straight track in it man you kicked ass, um that grl that had the breaks/s-step/turntabelism set completely rocked i was dancing off and on with her kinda through out the night in the breaks room in the breaking circles or whatever but shit she tore it up, i know im forgetting some and due to not feeling well i def missed some sets i wish i could have seen (especially mark's set and trip and jason's set), over all every dj set i heard i liked so props to all who performed.
Now for the personal shoutouts
~indy crew i love all you guys...leah, jason, rana, and chris it was def nice getting to make a trip with you guys again.
~brandon, anita, todd, clay, penquin, zena, cory,mark, trip, Josh, jason, seth, mack, amanda and im tired so any one else i am forgetting i am sorry but i def love everyone of you.
~arron....your my best friend in the world moonshine i am very very happy to have met you and have you as a friend i cant say enough to you or about you love ya hun :)
~and last but not least Brandi...you def made my night more enojyable then it has been for a long time and the more i get to know you everyday the more i like you. I am very glad you were able to make it to the party I was waititng for ya to get there all night :) !! Then i finally met ya and the night got even better then it was which i didnt think was possible. But anyways you def helped make my night better then it was and it was already a great night.
one love,
kyle

thank you very much for having us up there to brave the weather and get to play for the ohio massive. i am glad that there are still good quality promoters willing to put together good events like the one i was just at. the sound and lights were on point and the crowd was really into what was going on. i am glad to see that breaks are taking off in the midwest finally..LOL
brandon,josh thank you very much for having 20k freaks crew to play. for those of you that danced thank you very much and you are the ones that make it so enjoyable.
i do need lessons on walking on ice though before i make my next return....is there a graceful way of busting your ass on the ice?
i have to say the highlights of the evening were seeing odi rock the crowd and move through records so flawlessly and jackal with the way he bombarded the crowd with relentless beats.
ohio do not take it for granted that you have such good shows, it is not like that in most of the USA right now. keep it going, keep supporting and keep on dancing
FACTOR e
btw if anyof you that wanted my cd's and did not get them email [email protected]
[ 26 February 2003: Message edited by: FACTORe ]

I had a great time playing....thought it was a really good turnout considering the nasty weather...sliding down the street..with records in hand was um.........interesting..
I thought the sound and lights were really great.... rap really impressed me with her set, girl knows how to work the crowd! I also really enjoyed jason and trip playing some old skool and just goofing around...they were a blast to watch!
thanks to everyone for coming out!!!

I must say WishingWell and Groovefuel did a great job on this party. It was well worth my drive to Cleveland from Dayton despite having no heat in my car. I was also one of the people who busted my ass as I left the venue. It was great to be backstage while Rap rocked the party. It was a good clean party and I met alot of great people.
Ben Wallace
Moonshine Records

Status
Not open for further replies.