• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Discussion Should Harm Reduction supplies be funded by tax dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still throwing names around but not actually responding.

From all I could tell you seemed to be saying I had 'no idea' of truly degenerate living situations or the associated criminality. I got the impression you were telling me I had no right to comment because you assumed the stuff you showcased would be automatically outside of my scope.

No I was talking about what's going on where I live

Pay attention

keeping my scant belongings on me in a rucksack at all times because I knew they'd be gone as soon as I turned my back otherwise.

i would like to point this out tho - the other guys were acting like what i said about addicts being thieves was so wrong

It's only feeding the problem

If you really wanted to help the addicted users, you would work to eliminate the dealers on the street... Keep moving up that chain
Right, use the successful Philippines model and use the tax dollars to execute drug dealers instead of giving free stuff to drug addicts on the street. After a dozen or so are executed in a city/state, suddenly for no reason at all people will decide to not be drug dealers

If the government really wanted to clean up the streets they'd make it not worth breaking certain laws, but they won't because that's not what they want

Right, use the successful Philippines model and use the tax dollars to execute drug dealers instead of giving free stuff to drug addicts on the street. After a dozen or so are executed in a city/state, suddenly for no reason at all people will decide to not be drug dealers
sources?

For what? Philippines drug laws/enforcement?

If you want law and order then you gotta pass strict laws with harsh punishments and strictly enforce those laws and punishments. It's not rocket surgery

it is a cold hard fact, that when you have drug use such as meth, opiates, and crack, that the first thing go up in rates of crime, is the rate of theft - it skyrockets

so don't sit here and act like im saying something wrong when i call them thieves

thanks, that worked
But I think it is a stretch calling that "failure in decriminalization"

yes, for philippines situation.

if we assume they are really killing dealers and not any random guy or political opponent, how come they keep killing years after Duterte had risen to power? By the aforementioned logic, it should have been over ages ago.

you're not helping anybody out by giving them a new meth pipe

that's not harm reduction

you can tell me it is until you're blue in the face

but giving somebody a pipe so they can smoke meth just isn't harm reduction no matter how you slice it

im sorry - it just isn't

it makes me believe that there's some ulterior motive - and im not one to think too much into that

but cmon - how can you let whats going on, just continue to happen and get worse while claiming that you're managing the problem somehow - and it just keeps getting worse....

obviously you're not doing something right if you're having record overdose deaths....right? or is that just me thinking that...:unsure:

when you hand out pipes, you're condoning it - the dealers know where the money is

i mean what in the fuck are we getting into here?

im sorry but a responsible government does not hand out meth pipes - ever

it makes me believe that there's some ulterior motive - and im not one to think too much into that

but cmon - how can you let whats going on, just continue to happen and get worse while claiming that you're managing the problem somehow - and it just keeps getting worse....

obviously you're not doing something right if you're having record overdose deaths....right? or is that just me thinking that...:unsure:

when you hand out pipes, you're condoning it - the dealers know where the money is

i mean what in the fuck are we getting into here?

im sorry but a responsible government does not hand out meth pipes - ever
Anarcho-Tyranny

Anarcho-Tyranny is a form of Dystopia where a state permits or encourages Anarchy Is Chaos in limited form, either out of laziness or some more malevolent motive, while decent people are suppressed.

The term was coined by American paleoconservative writer Samuel T. Francis to describe what he perceived to be a problem in the Western world, arguing that governments were deliberately failing to enforce the law against violent gangs while targeting those who complain about the criminals; in other words, that the state was criminally negligent on a national scale. Of course, Fiction and even Real Life provide much more extreme examples.

Anarcho-Tyranny is not a "true" form of Anarchy, because the state or some form of leadership still exists and functions to some degree, and criminals and warlords might establish their own personal fiefdoms within it. Instead, it is more when the leadership allows or even enforces a state of lawlessness and other social ills in order to achieve some end.

In some instances, this is a temporary state of affairs, with an evil leader planning to use the chaos as an excuse to establish a more draconian system later on. Other times, though, the chaos is an end-in-itself, keeping the realm divided so that the leader can remain in power, or sometimes the leader actually likes the chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.