Education Side Hustles (Legal)

That's awesome but also such a shame that covid fucked up the whole hospitality industry.

You looking to get back into it full-time or happy with a few projects going simultaneously?

I always preach don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you're making good money from both and anything else you're doing, keep it that way and just maximise what you can get out of all of them. Then if something like covid happens again which it undoubtedly will, you're future-proofed for income.

Super interested in the translation stuff. You can make some really good money from that, especially with your skill level. I almost see it as scalable, have you thought of that route? Raises prices, delegate and bring in new clients. Or are you solely working for one company because they want YOU?
I actually started working in musical therapy since Corona, as I'm a musical pedagogue, and I have good relations with the "worker's welfare", Arbeiterwohlfahrt in German, who I now work for(and also have in the past). Getting paid by the state for playing music and singing, I'm so happy with this job.

So ultimately, all I'm going to do is work at the company on the week-ends,
but I worked at least one year for free, at the very beginning of the company, and the other owners are my sister and her husband(he has the biggest portion of the company) - so it's absolutely fine with him that I want to do it like that

I have some returning customers who know they can trust my translations, but most are just one-time jobs via clickwork
I'm too lazy to turn it into a real business, but I'm sure it's possible to make good money by expanding
After interpreter school I realized that I'm too slow for live interpreting(as you have to do this in split second, still listening while you're speaking), which is where the real money is, because it's fucking difficult,
and language correspondants just type and type and type, super lame job - also so bad for your hands. It's nice as a little side venture though

I always preach don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you're making good money from both and anything else you're doing, keep it that way and just maximise what you can get out of all of them. Then if something like covid happens again which it undoubtedly will, you're future-proofed for income.
Absolutely agree with that. I'm glad the company survived Corona though, because we were really scared for about a year or so. We start a company and 2 years later there's a giant pandemic, good thing we never took a loan, or we would have been screwed

I also turn mtg cards into money that I spend on more mtg cards, just didn't want to mention it because it makes me nothing but more mtg cards. Although I have quite the fortune stacked up, and hey, if we get into some post-apocalyptic scenario, at least I have a fun off-grid game I can play

The key is to learn a digital skill, you can sell online. I don't know how much they pay you at the farm, but when you get your online business set up correctly with an in-demand online skill, you charge over $1000 per client. If you're doing it part-time and do what I do (Digital Media Buyer) you can easily handle 3 clients. That's 3k in your pocket PER MONTH to do work in your spare time. But it's not a quick fix, you can't just jump right into it. Hence why I say you need a passion for it. I'll make a new thread of this because I think A LOT of people overlook the opportunity they have to work online as a freelancer, whether it be part-time or full-time.
Yea the pay for farming is good. £10/hr is the low end you'll get paid for farm hand work.

If you do something like spreading spreading, getting paid per ton, you can get like £100/hr. Admittedly that's only pub farming so its probably like £30-£40 per hour.

Honestly the real money is in shearing sheep £1-£2 per head but good shearer can get em done in abt a min. Hard work tho. It fucks your knees, back and wrists.

There's this one shearer in Texas who gets $5-£40 per head (fucking outrageous I know) an she is fairly slow at it as well. A pro should be able to be done in abt 1-2 mins, takes her 3-5 per. But it seems there's a drought of shearer's in Texas so supply and demand.

Yea the pay for farming is good. £10/hr is the low end you'll get paid for farm hand work.

If you do something like spreading spreading, getting paid per ton, you can get like £100/hr. Admittedly that's only pub farming so its probably like £30-£40 per hour.

Honestly the real money is in shearing sheep £1-£2 per head but good shearer can get em done in abt a min. Hard work tho. It fucks your knees, back and wrists.

There's this one shearer in Texas who gets $5-£40 per head (fucking outrageous I know) an she is fairly slow at it as well. A pro should be able to be done in abt 1-2 mins, takes her 3-5 per. But it seems there's a drought of shearer's in Texas so supply and demand.

I've had a dream for so long of retiring early and moving out into the wild and living off the land. When the time comes, I think I'll need to hit you up because I have no idea of farming, but I love the look of it. I used to watch shows around it but just don't have any hands-on experience actually working a farm.

I've had a dream for so long of retiring early and moving out into the wild and living off the land. When the time comes, I think I'll need to hit you up because I have no idea of farming, but I love the look of it. I used to watch shows around it but just don't have any hands-on experience actually working a farm.
Hey man I'd love to teach you abt farming. It's an amazing industry. Producing something that will will actually be eaten by someone is such a good feeling. Looking out over a field you tilled, cultivated, harrower, planted, watered, fertilised and sprayed come to harvest is just brilliant. Being there for the whole life of your stock is great as well, watching a lamb grow to slaughter weight is just as rewarding.

How do you find working with kids?
I love it. Ages from babies to 6 years old. I have a bunch of tattoos now and the kids just love it. The parents you could tell were iffy about me at first based on my looks, but the kids love cuddling up to read or work on coloring or school work. Changing diapers isn't so bad and it kind of gives me baby fever sometimes lol..

I love it. Ages from babies to 6 years old. I have a bunch of tattoos now and the kids just love it. The parents you could tell were iffy about me at first based on my looks, but the kids love cuddling up to read or work on coloring or school work. Changing diapers isn't so bad and it kind of gives me baby fever sometimes lol..
Aww that's very wholesome.

And yea I've heard that the smell of babys drives women wild. Idk tho my mum mentioned it a few times.

I have a full time job that is hella chill. I run a warehouse and have my own office as well, only work with one other person which is my manager and hes cool as hell. As long as I finish everything that needs to be done, then I am free to do whatever I want including leaving early.

I have been interested in a side hustle..maybe detailing cars all I need is cleaners a bucket and a shop vac. Yet I feel like I should keep searching for other ideas. As a kid I was very very good at selling pounds of green and X. Now I don't get down like that unless I am moving opioids for my own personal gain to obtain a few. Anyway I feel I would be great at maybe flipping cars or getting into re selling items that I can find cheap. Any other ideas or comments please reply or reach out.

I have a full time job that is hella chill. I run a warehouse and have my own office as well, only work with one other person which is my manager and hes cool as hell. As long as I finish everything that needs to be done, then I am free to do whatever I want including leaving early.

I have been interested in a side hustle..maybe detailing cars all I need is cleaners a bucket and a shop vac. Yet I feel like I should keep searching for other ideas. As a kid I was very very good at selling pounds of green and X. Now I don't get down like that unless I am moving opioids for my own personal gain to obtain a few. Anyway I feel I would be great at maybe flipping cars or getting into re selling items that I can find cheap. Any other ideas or comments please reply or reach out.

If you're good at sales you can pretty much be successful in most businesses.

I'll have the flipping thread up by Saturday but fire me a DM and I'll send you over some good resources you can watch that will give you an idea of whats involved.

I'm a musician, we play a lot of gigs (a lot more before stupid covid, still trying to get that momentum back). I can work from a mobile hotspot when we're on the road. It's by far the thing I care about the most, over my job, but the pay is shit being a musician unless you reach the top tier, so I make my money as a computer programmer (which I also like).

Before music, it was painting. I also sold my paintings. I found it frustrating to try to sell them, and painting is a lonely endeavor. When I rediscovered music, I left it behind.

Before that, I was doing freelance web design.

I'm a musician, we play a lot of gigs (a lot more before stupid covid, still trying to get that momentum back). I can work from a mobile hotspot when we're on the road. It's by far the thing I care about the most, over my job, but the pay is shit being a musician unless you reach the top tier, so I make my money as a computer programmer (which I also like).

Before music, it was painting. I also sold my paintings. I found it frustrating to try to sell them, and painting is a lonely endeavor. When I rediscovered music, I left it behind.

Before that, I was doing freelance web design.

How come you left web design?

I like how it's obvious your super creative and are a programmer, because people would think they are complete opposites but I'd say programming is an art form.

Buy land. Start raising all kinds of exotic animals.

The spirit of Lucifer (who prevails over so much of this eco nonsense, insane legislation and so on) wont want you doing this, as he has long standing issue with Adam being given dominion over the earth. Lucifer works always to push the sons of adam off the land.

To fill some time i became a pen tester and get paid to try and hack into systems. If you have a natural knack for computers becoming certified to do this is very easy. It pays well and you can work from home. Plus you get to break into systems... Tons of fun.

I have been doing it since the age of 14 before the internet when bbs's were popular. Back then i used to charge people to make phone calls for free on payphones. The way pay phones worked back in the day were through the different tones that were produced for each type of coin. So all you needed to do was record these tones and when asked to deposit money to make a call all you needed to do was play back a recording of the tones.

Why, for hunting?

people pay insane money for animals esp rare animals. Why do you say for hunting ? Im aware that some people raise animals like lions and then charge people money to hunt them but why do that ? Much as i despise hippies and other vectors of the Luciferian agenda that does strike me as kind of inhumane. I dont personally like the idea of killing animals unless you plan on eating them. I know people in east Asia pay big money for certain animal parts for TCM and so on, not sure how that works (are the animals farmed and killed for the body parts). Anyway i dont see why killing animals is necessary, there is a market for exotic animals among people with more than enough money to take proper care of them/give them a good life. Seems like a victimless crime imo - the animals get a good life, the people who want them and have the money get what they want, you get paid. How could it be any less beneficial to every group involved inc the animals ?

Well I put myself out there locally( on the corner) to sling my services of detailing cars( krocodil) and other odd jobs for anyone that needs a hand (or handy). So now working full time and about to catch a great paying 2nd job that's remote. So now I'm bending over backwards for these slackers till I'm snapping my spine (reach around). Lol jk about the sexual gay hooker stuff.

How come you left web design?

I like how it's obvious your super creative and are a programmer, because people would think they are complete opposites but I'd say programming is an art form.

I left freelance web design for 2 reasons. One, I don't like sales, honestly. It is not in my nature to be good at selling myself, I have discovered. Trying to find business was difficult for me, especially with a full-time job going on as well. The other is that actually coming up with the look and feel of web sites is not really my thing, for some reason. I struggled to generate a good wireframe for a site. But give me a design explained well or drawn out, and I really enjoy making that a reality. But really I didn't totally leave web design, my job involves a lot of web development and web design. But in a way that more aligns with the parts I like, which are making someone else's design happen, and tinkering with existing stuff.

Yeah to me, programming and creativity go hand in hand. I guess I have been blessed with a brain that is strong in both hemispheres. Programming is certainly an art form. I love making my code elegant and beautiful. My main language these days is Python, which requires proper indentation, but I have always been into writing pretty code. Some of my coworkers, on the other hand... let's just say I was chuckling with glee when we switched platforms to one built on Python.