• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The *NEW* Other Drugs - read and respond

PhreeX

Bluelight Crew
When we purge the forum, I think this will be a great time to start over.. nice and clean..
I will be giving a lot more thought to it later, but I would like your input now.. HOW can we imporve this forum?
I have a few ideas - things such as new rules and guidelines .. I have my own ideas, but I want to hear yours..
How can we improve the forum? What do you dislike about it?
The only things we will be REALLY agressive about are:
*) pill-id's
*) people asking for sources
I have more, I will post later..
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

i dunno...i kinda like they way the forum is right now...the rules and moderation are reasonable and effective as they currently are...i'd say keep up the good work but i guess there's always room for improvement...so far so good...

^
|
| Agreed.
smile.gif
I am happy that OTHER DRUGS are back, as it is my favorite forum on this board!
smile.gif

well, i have a VERY important suggestion...
ALL moderators of this forum have to post nakey pics of themselves in compromising positions.
hhmmm...nah, guess only one moderator should.
i never have anything of value to contribute, do i? blah...

No deleteting posts just because they don't agree with your opinion!!! PhreeX
------------------
Meth....it does a body good!

Is there any way to prevent people from typing in ebonics? Or ALL CAPS. Or AlTeRnAtInG CaPs.
Cuz I'm a picky bastard.
smile.gif

i like the way these forums are, every thing works out pretty well in the end. And you get a lot of good imput. Forums shouldnt be delted cause some one doesnt agree, every one should be allowed to have their imput etc.

im with uv1, there shpuld be a psychedelics section, these are powerful substances and only certain personality types are attracted to them

Sounds like a good idea, "Otherdrugs" will do well by a clean slate. I know I have said this before, but I really think the driving force behind empowering this forum will be the sharing of information, proactively, by the more tenured and experienced Bluelighters.
So many of us tend to sit back and only "Reply" to posts that ask specific questions. I suggest that for those of you out there with volumes of knowledge, you try to post at least ONE new thread on an interesting and important topic per week. These types of threads will become catalysts for people to learn and move the average intelligence and knowledge level (Hopefully!) of the forum forward. We were all newbies to this shit at some point or another, remember?!?!
There are MANY people out there capable of posting FAQ quality posts that would be exptremely beneficial.
Morninggloryseeds: Amazing knowledge base in the psychadelics and research chemicals.
Phreex: Amphetamines, Methamphetamine and dammit, I don't think there is anything you don't know about opiods/opiates!
Neural Shock: Salvia, Ketamine, and a whole lot of other shit!
... The list goes on, and on. I too am guilty of sitting back and being lazy as well, and saying to myself "Umm, there is nothing left to post". Well, with the board getting purged and the loss of the "Search" option, all topics will be new topics once again. Everday newbies stumble across this board looking for answers and everyday regulars like us are FORGETING shit, or at least could benefit from a referesher on a number of topics. We will need to answer "How do to measure my 2ct7", and "What is the best dose for IM Ketamine" time and time again.
Also, although I do often refer people to Erowid and other wonderfully informative sites, if all we are going to post in reply to peoples questions is: "Hey idiot, go to www.Erowid.com !!" then we might as well just kill this forum and link it to their homepage! People dont just want to get the answers, but they also want to discuss the answers, and reclarify the answers. There is nothing wrong with this - as a matter of fact, it's what this board is for.
All in all, I am really excited about the future of this forum and look forward to building it along with all of you guys into the most intelligent, useful and interesting furum on Bluelight.
Peace.
------------------
Have you ever been high? Have you ever been stoned? Have you sat on the long couch with a tingling in your feet, in your toes, and known what was coming? Have you ever been messy, sloppy, rolling? Have you ever taken acid, snorted coke, popped pills, dropped downers? Have you had your little break today? Have you been happy with your choices? Have you ever wanted never to come down? Have you... have you... have you?
Now, have you ever been to jail?
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire

ANOTHER ISSUE i'd like to bring up is Pricing questions. When a person first decides to try a substance, he must BUY it! And people often have no idea what to expect to pay. I think pricing questions should be allowed, as long as the person specify's his/her general location and gives a few examples of known prices of other substances in their area. This way the person can get a general idea on how much to expect to pay, and i stress general, because obviosly drug dealing is very far from an exact science. It's also sometimes interesting to see what prices are in other locations.
[This message has been edited by PhreeX (edited 11 March 2001).]

My initial reaction to this post requesting new rules is simple...
Add a rule informing users to check Erowid before posting. And in response to Sabastien's post, I do not intend for Erowid to be a replacement for a forum; there will still be plenty of discussion points and need for clarification and opinions. But I think a cursory look through the forum will show you that there are a number of posts asking very basic questions (e.g what is a proper dose for XYZ) that could easily be answered by a quick look through Erowid, and it should avoid entirely the plethora of posts that go something like "what is special k?"...people asking general questions like this haven't shown us their respect by lack of research so I don't feel they deserve our respect in a thorough answer, the proper answer should be "Check Erowid".
Just my two cents.

I usually don't respond to these types of posts but here goes....
i agree with maybe splitting up Other Drugs considering now it is bigger than any forum. I don't know if this is feasible, but should be considered. My recommendation would be, as other mentioned, one for psychadelics, one for other hard drugs (cocaine,herion,ghb(hard?),etc., and one for pharmacueticals. and if more moderators are needed, i would volunteer my time and effort. also, we don't need posts that go off the topic or try to shit on someone for being stupid. have a single, informative response to simple, even if stupid questions, then close it.
if people have new info. to share, as also mentioned, once a week try to make an informative post that contributes (i myself am easily guilty of this).
also, make responses short, if possible, and to the point. I hate weeding through a bunch of shit to get the real answer i'm looking for.
we need to do away with peoples biases, such as cocaine is for chicks, stupid ravers, ghb will kill ya, don't even touch it, fuck H!!, etc. if you want to say that shit at least add the fact that this is soley your opinion. if we could bring back the search button, it would be wonderful, but even then people might still want more up to date info and fresh opinions so that can not always be referred to. i guess that's all i can think of for now.
i'm definitely excited about rejuvenating this forum.
peace, outkast

What makes a drug "hard"?
There is an excellent in-depth article about this very subject on another website. Of course I'm not at my computer so I can't post it. But PhreeX your name was attached to that article somewhere so I'm figuring you've probably got it.
The idea of splitting this forum up into other groups is a rather asinine one. Granted, things don't work perfectly, but by splitting the forum up we would have even more problems
If this happened, we would then have the people posting "How much morphine should I bang?" In the 'Psychadelics' forum. There are many people (especially newbies) who wouldn't know which forum to post in.
Keeping the forum titled "Other Drugs" makes it very simple. They know whether or not the item they have is "ecstacy". So if it's not, they post their question here, and hopefully get a safe, responsible reply.
Again I also bring up the server issue. This is not something we can overlook just yet.

How could you not know which forum to post in? there's already one for E. I think pharmies are pretty clear. Same with psycadellics, the rest could be group into hard drugs, combos, than maybe one for marijuana and alcohol, "soft drugs", .
if there were enough moderators, just move the post like usual, or delete it until the "newbies" actually read the simple instructions under forum names.
granted, this is highly unlikely due to the complexetly off adding that much onto the website, added with server problems, but should be considered as a possibility.
it just seems that for almost a week up until yesterday that this was the only forum i COULD NOT connect to at all due to the overload(maybe that wasn't the real problem?). cutting it down, even if into two different forums(pharmies + other drugs), which i think would be simple, would maybe cut back the overload on one single forum. of course, i don't know the technical problems, but my ignorance of this makes it seem feasible. for all i know that is not the real problem and wouldn't be a real solution. i'm just looking at it from the point that i haven't even been able to connect in a while and its been pissing me off.
peace, outkast

I guess I just don't see what good that could possibly accomplish? If we do that, then do we change the Trip Report forum as well?
Trip Reports- Pharm.'s
Trip Reports- Hard drugs
Which *again* I say, who determines what drugs are hard? That is such an opinionated question.
Is it *really* that difficult to peruse the OD forum and decipher which posts are about which 'category' of drug?

We won't be splitting this forum up - hell, the 'Other Drugs' forum was created so 'Bluelight Discussion' wouldn't be flooded with posts about, well, OTHER DRUGS .. we don't need to have a forum for EVERY DRUG on the street... yeah, there are those who use their drugs for deep self-exploration, andthose who just want to get "mad fucked up" - we don't need to try to seperate the two ...
*) Instead we will be cracking down on the bullshit posts... there will be NO pill ID's ("I found this in my moms cabinet") .. posts that are flat out STUPID will be DELETED - for example; "what can I find in the kitchen to get fucked up on?" ..
In short - we will be cracking down .. DrDuckbutt is gone for starters
wink.gif

I am re-vamping a number of policies...
*) As for drug prices -
Myself, or someone else will post a universal list for the entire country, and I welcome those outside the US to do the same (mail it to me) .. yes, prices vary from area to area, but it's accurate to say that should expect to pay $20 for a single ecstasy pill ..
A lot of people want price threads, but in EVERY INSTANCE it has turned into dicksizing by idiots - ie "you pay $20 for a pill? y0! you be getting ripped off, my boy gives me pills for $6 each"..
*) The supplier rules will be re-vamped - I would like your input.. for the most part, we will stick to the original guidelines (read them in the announcements) .. a bigger problem is that I don't want the forum to be flooded with "where can I get morphine online?" type threads ... no idea about how to handle suppliers of other drugs like T-7..
Now a lot of people are complaining that we are refering everyone to erowid - I maintain - for basic questions ("what is 2C-T-7?") there is no need to have a thread about it when there is a website with more info then you could EVER post .. still, we will be comming up with some FAQ's for general drug questions..
What else?
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

I think Phreex needs to be made an Admin, his contribution to Other Drugs is something i NEVER saw any other mod/admin do! He does more work in a single day in this forumn then any mod I've seen in the other forumns. Hell, if he isn't made an Admin, I'd just like to give him mega props on all of his efforts
smile.gif
Ok, i feel better now.
I personally dont like the idea of supplying T7 to everyone...i mean, in all honesty it isn't a difficult drug to find, but I like the idea of the pricing guide. It wont be 100% accurate, but it will at least give people a "ball park" figure.
I also think it might be sort of cool to have a "Other Drug Newsletter" or something. This forumn is very disjointed from the rest of Bluelight, so a personal newsletter would be awesome. It could have trip reports, stories from phreex about getting pharms, interviews...whatever! That's sort of a loose idea, but either way, i'm just glad to see this forumn back and in full tilt.
Laterz,
Evan

i'm getting the distinct feeling that my suggestion wasn't even *considered*.

i agree that there are many posts that deal with general drug questions that can be answered on erowid, but the most important thing that i look for read, probably like most people, is that i need the first hand accounts of drugs from people, to the same effect of reading trip reports, and i think especially with the reserach chems we need as much data as possible. and try not close the good threads that have personal experiences and the like or info at least until the search is fixed if ever.

Phreex? are you trying to redo the basic rules of this forum or just add onto them? I would highly suggest to stick with the no suppliers (i.e. 2xx, whatnot). Please!!!! Seriously i don't think we need "kids" (newbies) ordering large amounts of the shit.
also, i like the idea of people being informed to initially go to erowid, get some ideas from there. but if they do have more questions, they should mention what they read and what they learned and why they need the additional more answers they need. That way they would be providing some info while asking for some.
As for splitting up the forums, if you don't think it wise or feasible to do than fuck it. Like i mentioned it just seemed extremely overloaded lately.
and of course i think all huffing (i.e. glade, butane, bullshit) should be answered swiftly and closed than deleted soon after, if that would help at all. Others to the same affect should be dealt with the same way.
peace, outkast
[This message has been edited by outkast (edited 11 March 2001).]