• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The *NEW* Other Drugs - read and respond

*frustrated*
Why are you bringing up points that have been discussed?
I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't understand.
It's *so completely unnecessary* to divide the forum up. Not to mention impractical.
If you don't want to read about getting 'mad fucked up' don't click on that thread.
This sort of division may be suitable for a newsgroup, but the current system, while flawed, works well considering the circumstances.

Do not allow research chemical supplier posts PhreeX, if you are not sure of what to do. I am not sure if I read that right.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

The basic rules that have always existed in this forum should remain. Everybody just has to remember that newbies are gonna make mistakes, we all do. But, when they do something wrong, simply remind them of the rules. It's good to get a clean start here, and Other Drugs is definately my favorite. Since it does get such high traffic, I think that splitting it up into 2 or 3 different forums may be a good idea.

I am not 100% sure how I will handle the supplier thing.. I had my original arguement, but it's blown up into a big enough thing that a post mentioning the J.L.F. website address isn't actually going contribute anything to the legal status of the drug..
I am more worried about people turning this forum into what the mailing list became - a bunch of lamers begging for sources and only a few giving anything back ..
For now - the rule stands - no suppliers of ANYTHING - no pharmacies, no "research chemical" sites, nothing like that .. it's easier to just say no to everything rather then try to determine what is and is not ok ..
There are a lot of sources being throw around in the otherdrugs IRC channel!
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"
[This message has been edited by PhreeX (edited 12 March 2001).]

This forum is pretty damn good as it is.
All I would like to see is a little less needless flaming, and moderators could stop closing topics without any explanation whatsoever. Censorship is pretty tight in here.
Other than that I say carry on as before..

Definitely no sources. Sources can be found without too much trouble, even from people in the forum, with a little resourcefulness. The people that ask outright generally are the ones who probably shouldn't be given the luxury of knowing anyway.

i'm happy with the forum as it is
i just thought of one way to keep stupid posts (or at least topics) out. just require that before a post/topic show up on the board it must be approved by a mod. i do not know if this has already been mentioned or how feasible it is in terms of coding etc. or if it is really something we want to do...some questions could be urgent or blah balh blah i'm rambling. make the forum how u want it. i'm sure we'll be happy.

I'm new, but this is easily the best forum on BL. I was just wondering why everyone says not to give the "newbies" supplier info, fair enough not to post it on the board but how are we ever going to try out these various other substances if we're not told where we can pick up certain prescription medicine etc.
Maybe there can be some way that certain questions can be addressed in private by certain more experienced members of the forum and this can go on. A person should be "screened" before they're told anything so it's not just some kids that want to get "MAd fu><0r3d uP!".
Would be good as this would increase the amount of enlightened people here and in turn allow this community to grow exponentially.

mg -
Elaborate as to what you mean by 'censorship'? I don't close threads when I don't like the posters opinion, but more so when the post is off topic, beat to death, or simply inane (the marijuana post) ..
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

PhreeX> It's not the closing of the topics that bugs me, but more often than not they are closed without any form of explanation why.
Don't get me wrong - I'm sure you have your reasons for closing a post, but I often read through a post that's been locked and am left there thinking "hey, that was a pretty good thread - why did he close it?"
It'd make things a little clearer if you put your reasons for closing it at the end.

yeh man. what's up with closing the car post. jk.
phreex isn't biased against certain people really. he's pretty fair. if u think he's biased against you just change your nam n reask the question in a month.

The forum is fine. Some repetitive posts could be deleted, but overall things seem fine. But we should still be able to say that Coke is for girls (cause we all know it is).
------------------
"All great things must first wear a terrifying and monstrous mask in order to inscribe themselves on the face of humanity"
-Nietzsche

Im all for exploration but Im also a firm believer in doing your homework before you set out on a journey.
If a psychonaut is seriously considering a voyage involving a research chemical, he has the prersonal obligation to thoroughly prepair himself by gathering all the information at his disposal prior to eating the stuff.
If this burgeoning psychonaut has truly done his homework... he's going to stumble across where to aquire these things.
Thats why I dont think that we should post sources.
Happy Trails,
DrWild

WHY WAS THE CAR POST CLOSED?!? Did I read that right? It started with a question about nitrous, but every reply was about peoples cars and how much muscle they had - could it have been any more off-topic?
Remember, I am only one of 4 moderators, it's not all me... but I don't think a reason needs to be given for many closings.. I try to offer a reason though..
Ok, the BLOD counsil has decided on a few things..
1) The supplier rule will remain as is - no suppliers are to be requested or posted - this includes saying "dont post but e-mail me" - and we have now officially expanded the list to include online pharmacies .. offending posts will be DELETED, and repeat offenders will have their accounts suspended..
2) We will be cutting down on inane posts - this is not a censorship issue, but a "keep the forum nice and clean" issue.. lately this place has been flooded with nonsense posts .. random crap that just takes up space..
We have more to come..
The forum will also be pruned on a regular basis ..
------------------