• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What lies behind your nickname?

I was trying to think of a new name for a Guild Wars character a few years ago, It kinda de-evolved from Olympus-->Oly--> Then the N got added somehow. I thought I was creative and shit.

Then I find out (thanks to Google) it's an actual name, which I was not aware of until recently. It's Norse and means "Relic".

kappadaftie said:
my name is glasgow slang for a tracksuit wearing, buckfast drinking, window smashing, knife carrying little twat.

Because the one i wanted was taken!!!

lady is my nick name, has been for years and when i ate acid for the first time someone called me ladyinthesky (with diamonds), it stuck with me

mine came from some1 saying me n my mates were like weekend junkies or parttime crackheads (altho none of us actually use crack or heroin)

The word represents the two symbols that signify 'true infinity' in set theory, sad I know, but I like it :)

I loved my first handle but I had to put a bullet in his fucking head to due impending divorce and custody battle.

Busty st clare was the name Homer wanted to give Marge when he changed his name to Max Power. It was that or Chesty La Raux......

Stupid thing is she still knows who I am, Love you sweetie....

Marriage :) and McDonalds trice a day till she fills outa bit.

katemoss.jpg

MrMoss said:
Marriage :) and McDonalds trice a day till she fills outa bit.

Good call, she doesn't look overly healthy there, not that she does at the moment or anything!

Puhlease ... you'd do her Mickey Dee's or no (after me of course) :)

No sloppy seconds, I'll take the tighter hole thanks!

She'd be well up for it after a couple of lines

^ Seriously though, do you think that torso is attractive (I think my neck is wider)?

I like a good figure and all that, but personally, that doesn't do it for me...

It's the only body type Im prejudiced against. Perhaps it's being lumped with certain previous girlfriends who've had an eating disorder.

I'm an hourglass man myself, but like athletic/muscular too, and.... well could go on forever really...

but this size 0 phenomenon... fuck that... I once was seeing a girl that was a 4 petite - I almost snapped her several times

^ Ugly, ugly, ugly (with some mild jealosy). One of my exes was rather tiny (size 6-10, I think - seem to be very variable them there lady sizes) and I was rather proud that most of her clothes fitted me rather well. Not quite as pervy as it sounds: she wasn't a skirts and dresses kinda gal so I'd pinch some of her trousers and shirts sometimes. I wouldn't even be able to fit a leg in these days... One good thing about a major addiction: it's very good for maintaining weight-loss.

^ Hah

No mild jealousy required, believe me, none deserved - I tried to pry her away from anorexia for months and months, in the end she just didn't want help herself. I even suffered guilt for months afterwards thinking I would adversely affect her wellbeing by finishing with her; and that's, well, just not right! Long story....

The mental state of girls in the throws of an eating disorder (combined with the guilt, depression and fear that comes bundled with it) is, IMO, worse than a particularly nasty drug habit; due to it being psychological alone.

My soon-to-be wife suffered from bulimia for a long time, and we've managed to get through that, though it was a struggle. thing is, there was nothing wrong with her to start with!! Seriously, what has this world come to when we judge beauty by dress size?

Fuck that, I'd rather be with an emotionally secure size 20+ than a raving lunatic wannabe-model size 4! Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I'm a very firm believer. (And I believe a lot more of the male population need to stop being so fucking vain and look beyond the 'outer layer', I know we all do it as youngsters, and lust still exists, however, that is all!)

^ Agreed.

But I'm not sure it's entirely down to young men (although I'm sure their hormonal insanity it doesn't help). This Morning (with Phil 'n' Fern) was on before I came out this morning and they were running yet another make-up/"beauty" item. Always depressing, but it occured to me that most of the pressure on women to conform to a standard test of beauty seems to come from other women. I've always run a mile from women who obsess over their weight, how they look or what they wear as this tends to indicate a concurrent obsession with other's weight, looks, clothing etc. To me it's just a sign that we (me and apparently 'beautiful' woman) really won't get on: I prefer a woman of substance to a vacuous dolly-bird.

Real eating disorders seem to me to be of a different order of magnitude entirely and probably have far less to do with rampant young men and more to do with damaged individuals. Although outside pressure probably guides whatever the underlying issues are into the confines of eating or not to regain some kind of perceived control over themselves and their lives.

Obviously, I have no real idea and am just waffling and as I have missed the connection with whatever my train of thought was, I shall stop digging.

^ no no, you're certainly almost there, it's a culmination of pressure from the world we live in today, again thank you Generation X.

We live in a world where even children are paraded around like fashion accessories. They see these 'perfect' presenters on kids TV even, and it's becoming more and more abundant in the press, regardless of public outcry.

I find it hilarious that in the same one women's mag (not that Im an avid fan! =D ) and read a article discussing the self same thing, and flip the page to find a double page spread critique of the way certain celebs look...

Front covers are all you need to look at really... Oh Evan longaria is looking flabby around the arms... ahs so-and-so had surgery? blah blah blah....

it's infuriating, and although the publishing industry have accepted partial blame, they continue to put this kind of stuff to print!