• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Your thoughts on Salvia Divinorum

anonymous1419

Bluelighter
Being that it's legal and all, I'm very eager to try it.
I've heard of many experiences from my friends all of which were absolutely hilarious (one being a girl laying down on the ground yelling 'Stop signs! They're everywhere!') and I'm just curious on what everyone's thoughts are on the legal 'drug'.

i found it interesting enough to try it several different times. it is one of the most intense psychoactive substances i have done (only other one that caim close was 5-meo-DMT). its very unique too.

while i'm glad i tried it, i find it uncomfortable and pretty unenjoyable. i will probably never do it again.

It can be exciting i guess... if you can manage to take a good enough dose for something interesting to happen.

I'm still waiting for a breakthrough experience myself...so I can't comment on that just yet.

If you were to attempt it, I'd suggest using a water bong/bubbler and heat it with a torch lighter ensuring you hold the flame the entire duration of the hit.

Buy it from a trusted online retailer...pm me if you need a source.

France said:
It can be exciting i guess... if you can manage to take a good enough dose for something interesting to happen.

I'm still waiting for a breakthrough experience myself...so I can't comment on that just yet.

If you were to attempt it, I'd suggest using a water bong/bubbler and heat it with a torch lighter ensuring you hold the flame the entire duration of the hit.

Buy it from a trusted online retailer...pm me if you need a source.

It's actually sold at a local store just ten minutes away from where I live. Any suggestions on what strength to get?

I smoked 10x during two weeks and had STRICTLY no effect.
Then I smoked one hit of 40x and had one of the most intense psychedelic trips of my life.

Last edited:
Phy said:
I smoked 10x during two weed and had STRICTLY no effect.
Then I smoked one hit of 40x and had one of the most intense psychedelic trips of my life.

So I assume you reccommend 40X? :p

IMO Salvia is not a recreational drug AT ALL. It's nothing like tryps or phens. It's not really fun IMO, it's more like visiting another dimension.

sure another dimension sounds like fun BUT it's a fucking different dimension with different rules and it can he overwhelmingly frightening. Like 2 seconds after you hit the bong, you completely forget that you even smoked salvia and you'll be on a wild rocket ride that words cannot describe.

Salvia MUST be treated with respect. Love it or hate it, it has to me one of the most interesting drugs I've ever done....I'd i've done tons of drugs.

edit: standardized 10x got me every single time. I don't see a need for anything stronger than 10-15x

My friend smoked some in my car and ended up laughing uncontrollably and running outside the car because he felt "trapped". I really dislike it, it just feels wierd and strange but not in a positive way whatsoever.

Blah, NVM. I guess it's illegal but I can still get it at a store by here. Don't care if it's illegal, it sucks.

Last edited:
Online news source said:
Possession of the hallucinogenic plant salvia divinorum is now a felony offense in Illinois, the Associated Press reported Dec. 26.

As of Jan. 1, a new Illinois law puts salvia possession -- which is not even a crime in most other states, or under federal law -- in the same class as heroin or LSD. "We decided to move forward rather than waiting for someone to be killed because of it," said state Rep. Dennis Reboletti, who sponsored the law outlawing the herb.

Oh well, it's still perfectly legal in Ohio =D

I think it's an interesting drug to try a couple times, but definitely not something you want to do because you feel like getting "fucked up". Like another user posted, it's the complete opposite of a recreational drug. You have to be very cautious about the environment and mindset you are in before you take Salvia, and even then it can take you to unimaginably terrifying places. If you're going to try it, then treat it with as much respect or even more respect than you would the traditional psychedelics. I found the experience extremely awkward and uncomfortable but completely different than any other psychedelic, something beyond words.

The only time I tried it, it made me feel like the left part of my body was twice as heavy as the right. I couldn't walk straight, I was like a plane with one wing, going in circles. People around me thought it was funny, I thought I had brain damage.

Good times.

I guess it all depends on your mood going into it, your environment, and how comfortable you are with the people around you, like with shrooms and other psychadelics.

If you like being fired out of a psychedelic cannon into a world completely foreign and somewhat frightening, then it is alright.

I personally find that about one out of every 2 or 3 experiences is NOT fun, and in fact quite terrifying. It is fucking scary man...

It is not really fun. It is scary.

You can read one of my salvia trip reports HERE

most stuff sold at gas stations is indeed Salvia. The kind of salvia you use to cook. what you want is Salvia Divinorum. Buy it online, or make sure it is the Divinorum instead. Just Salvia is not gonna get you far ;)

oh i like it for a totally legal drug but buy the 60 to 80 dollar stuff that will put u in cartoon land lol.... but word of advice SIT DOWN!!!! when u smoke it if u r standing up u are gonna fall on your face lol

dankstersauce said:
standardized 10x got me every single time. I don't see a need for anything stronger than 10-15x
I think it's a very personal and inner drug. It really doesn't depend on your tolerance with other psychedelics. 40x was a real revelation to me, because 10x wasn't even as strong as weed when I smoked it (and I used to smoke 10x everyday during one month, waiting for the trip)! So I don't know... It's a very strange and interesting drug.
And yeah, the notion of respect for salvia makes a lot of sense to me. If you don't search the trip; it will naturally come to you.

here my trip report from salvia ....i will never take it again!

Before I even start to explain what happened in this trip, I did it in a very bad environment, not in a good mental state or with the company of experienced psychedelic users (including myself for doing it at the time). My nana had recently died and I don’t know if this has anything to do with what happened although after the trip I have been told well I was in the salvia emporium I was getting words like “death” “bats” and “witches” etc shouted at me. Post to the inhalation of about ruff lay 7 – 9 doses of 10x salvia extract I had had very little sleep in the past day or 2 and had went out that night consumed a half bottle of wine and 2 ecstasy tablets I had been trying the salvia out all day since I got it but it wasn’t till I went for a large dose well combining it with alcoholic drinks and mdma I noticed anything uncomfortable from its effects.

The Never Ending tunnel of light and fear

I had purchased the product from Glasgow city centre legally and brought it back to a close friends house were we both tried it out and were very shocked at its strength and effects my close friend didn’t like it and didn’t take anymore that day. I was scared/intrigued at its effects as this was something I had never experienced before even low being reasonably experienced in the use of illicit psychedelics. Throughout the rest of that day I tried it out again twice and there was no significant effect noticed except for a stony hazy vision feeling in my head. I decided to leave it alone and get on with the rest of the evening/night. Me and all my friends started to get a drink and I ended up consuming a half bottle of wine and some ecstasy. With what comes with the general feeling of well being in mdma and alcoholic drinks I started to think about the effects of the salvia well under the influence of a stimulant and a depressive drug, so therefore decided to inhale a large dose of salvia 10x extract. I can remember the thoughts of earlier that same day when I first tried it as I filled the bucket socket with around 7 – 9 doses of the salvia 10x extract and a small smile came to my face as I thought of the experience I was about to encounter. I didn’t have one clue what to expect and done it without even thinking I remember pulling the bucket taking it sitting back down blowing it out and saying lets c then.

WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TYPE NEXT IS WHAT I EXPERINCED I DIDN’T NO AT THE TIME OF THIS HAPPINING IT WAS THE DRUG CAUSING THE ACTIONS I BELIEVED EVERYTHING WAS REAL – TOTAL CHANGE OF REALITY –

Suddenly by an unknown force I was lying on my back looking down a long tunnel and was unable to move and what I was lying on seemed to be moving like an escalator. A big long escalator and there were other people on it too but they all seemed to be looking to the end of the tunnel, when I preceded to do so a voice and random images of a woman in a white suit appeared and started to tell me how and why everyone of us here had been selected to die and this is how the world works. The story at the time seemed to make so much sense and I can remember believing every word with all my hart, even low I cant remember every word said I remember the feeling of accepting death to the point you would accept it now if it was actually going to happen. (I thought I was in a sober state in the real world) Then everything went back to normal just me stuck to this moving escalator it felt as if I was just there for a few min b4 being taking of and strapped to a big red moving circle which was positioned at the end of the escalator.(my body position now felt as if being stuck to the side of a massive big wheel) The next image I see is the woman who had been strapped to it b4 me getting crushed and just b4 she dies she puts her hand out to say “good bye” I remember the feeling of its me next and its my time now. Next thing I know am in this multi layered atmosphere with no floors or walls just feelings of fear and happiness there was section with images of reality and sections of darkness. I found that I could now move and I found myself chasing after the clips of reality trying to get them 2gether but I couldn’t id died already accepted it and I new it – I believed I had died and I was stuck in this forever – well constantly trying to do this for what felt like ages all of a sudden my vision blurred and It all came back and I was confronted with the normal world in Lego land ! This was by far the only good part of the trip I could see the whole room including my friends made of Lego for a space of 8 seconds I tried to explore but it just wore off. The trip lasted 30 seconds it felt to me like 15 minutes or more – for the rest of that night I question’s if I was alive and felt so good to be alive all this was very hard to accept and in the atmosphere I was in a resorted to the corner of the room to cry for a hour or so I cant really remember until my friends decided to leave with me. How I got home that night what I done after I left the house I do not remember.

Chaos23 said:
If you like being fired out of a psychedelic cannon into a world completely foreign and somewhat frightening, then it is alright.

I personally find that about one out of every 2 or 3 experiences is NOT fun, and in fact quite terrifying. It is fucking scary man...

It is not really fun. It is scary.

You can read one of my salvia trip reports HERE

But let's say I'm trying it once just to see what all the hype is (some people I'm friends with love it), think it's worth it to take a 1 out of 3 chance of having a good trip?

dankstersauce said:
IMO Salvia is not a recreational drug AT ALL. It's nothing like tryps or phens. It's not really fun IMO, it's more like visiting another dimension.

sure another dimension sounds like fun BUT it's a fucking different dimension with different rules and it can he overwhelmingly frightening. Like 2 seconds after you hit the bong, you completely forget that you even smoked salvia and you'll be on a wild rocket ride that words cannot describe.

Salvia MUST be treated with respect. Love it or hate it, it has to me one of the most interesting drugs I've ever done....I'd i've done tons of drugs.

edit: standardized 10x got me every single time. I don't see a need for anything stronger than 10-15x

I agree with you fully, but no matter how terrifyingly horrific it is everytime it is like that.. i still find myself wanting to re-experience it again because .. well only because i know that i'm still alive and intact after it and the horrific and brutal nature of the trip then becomes an obscure and hard to recall memory that your brain seems to block out for your own good :p 8)

Ass kicking gauranteed!