• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do You Reget The Money Youve Spent On Drugs?

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
I think everyone has or has had regrets with either things they did under the influence, or the toll on the body, but does anyone else here get depressed when they think about how much money they've wasted on the drug of their choice? I know you can't redo things in the past (unfortunately) but especially now that I'm drinking infrequently it makes me depressed when I think of how much money I could've had saved up or spent on better things.

No, all money well spent. Never look back. No regrets :!

I've easily spent thousands and thousands of dollars on drugs. I definitely don't regret it, lol. I've had some awesome experiences.

Do I wish I saved the money? I guess so? I don't know...it was well spent on experiences I enjoyed deeply. I like to think of myself as a humble guy, I recognize money isn't the most important thing to make a good life. I've got money in my pocket for food, I'm happy enough.

What do regrets do for clean addicts except drive them to use.. have to find away to forgive ourselves.. dump that nonsense baggage.. forgive ourselves..

I've never regretted spending so much on drugs. The extra money could have been useful, but I don't miss it.

Moving TDS --> DC

Yes, it sucks sometimes, cause I could have spent that $ on shoes or clothes (yes, I'm a materialistic girl) or whatever, but at the same time I don't because I have gained so many life experiences. It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it! Also, I don't miss the money that's not there, I would have bought other crap anyway ;)

What do regrets do for clean addicts except drive them to use.. have to find away to forgive ourselves.. dump that nonsense baggage.. forgive ourselves..

Actually it's the opposite for me... Even tho it is a bit depressing it's another good reason to not be an alcoholic, at least to me.

Yes, it sucks sometimes, cause I could have spent that $ on shoes or clothes (yes, I'm a materialistic girl) or whatever, but at the same time I don't because I have gained so many life experiences. It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it! Also, I don't miss the money that's not there, I would have bought other crap anyway ;)

I think what I'm talking about may apply more to alcoholics than other things. Not to say I haven't had good times drinking, but when a good portion of the money you've spent was just to drink by yourself to try to numb out depression or for whatever reasons it's kind ridiculous. You can't have good life experiences if you can't even remember them. Maybe it would be different if I traveled to Peru and had some crazy life changing experience in an ayahuasca ceremony with a shaman... Then I wouldn't care so much about the money it took. But typically alcohol doesn't lead to any life experiences. Not good ones anyways.

DOn't have any regrets, even when I threw up in the most humiliating places possible and blacked out for a whole day.
Was a good learning and cleansing experience.

Honestly? No.
That money helped numb my feelings, thoughts, and pains. Well worth it IMO.
Then again, I'm not materialistic at all, nor do I care about vanity. I'm actually quite selfless.
I could care less about the new Iphone, or the new jordans, polo's, abercombie, and all of that bullshit.

If you honestly feel the way that you do - Maybe you should spend your money elsewheres, or save it up.

Some of the better things in life are free. But the best things in life cost money. Unfortunately if I hadn't spent all that money I had saved up when I was young then my life could have been much easier. Maybe not better...but easier I think so.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Butterfly Effect?" Its a great movie and I highly recommend it. Basically like all time-traveling movies messing with the past has unpredictable consequences. What if? is a question better left unasked if its one that is causing you great grief.

Honestly? No.
That money helped numb my feelings, thoughts, and pains. Well worth it IMO.

Many times that's why I've drank, and at the time I thought it was well worth it too. But I'm starting to see now that I'm not drinking all the time that it's basically like putting a band-aid over cancer. It helps for a short time, but I'm seeing especially now that the problems or emotions being suppressed just come back if not worse.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Butterfly Effect?" Its a great movie and I highly recommend it. Basically like all time-traveling movies messing with the past has unpredictable consequences. What if? is a question better left unasked if its one that is causing you great grief.

Nope, I might have to check it out one of these days.

Money is material. Drugs are consciousness (in a sense). "Things" are material and mostly worthless to me in the long run. Totally worth it all. Well, most of it.

And yes I do think about the toll it takes on my body. Never had much trouble there, other than my GI tract being fucked due to 2 years of opioids dependence. But lately, before my doc finally helped me out after forever, I was smoking speed and drinking heavily just to keep pain and muscle spasms away. That was slowly killing me. But it was all I could get or do to cope with it all. I know it took a toll on my body, I mean, near the end I had to stick to a bottle of vodka a day and cannabis because my viens would hurt and stuff from speed. I know my limits - if my veins begin to hurt a bit from using a drug, STOP. I like to think that it would have no permanent, or lasting, effect on my cardiovascular system, but I will be healthy again with the proper care and supplementation, etc.

In a way yes & also no.

For all the smack I've done I could have got a house & car, but for all the money spent on Psy things I am glad I did as I wouldn't have the mind set or wisdom I have today without it.

I don't regret a dime, not a fucking dime that I've spent on drugs; all of that money would have only gone to bills I could never have caught up on anyway, to the credit card companies that called me day and night and made my life miserable, giving me just one chance to make it right with them before sending their lawyers after me.

So I played my cards like a mother fucking boss... I spent all my money on drugs for months and months and months, and then, when all of my creditors had threatened me with a lawsuit, I saved up $1,500 ... put it down on a lawyer ... and declared bankruptcy.

Is my credit ruined? Yeah. Do I care? No.

I regret money spent on certain drugs, like methadone. It got me terribly physically addicted and I was sick and tired of it psychologically, I didn't really have to take it if I managed to go through never-ending withdrawal 2.5 years later of daily use. Maybe today I would live totally free, and after quitting methadone it was so bad that I almost completely relapsed, but my doctor got me on Suboxone which I'm hooked on now on the other hand, and I became sick and tired of it too, an addiction to a drug that doesn't make you feel better at all, sky-rocketing your opioid tolerance, so in the future if you break your leg or suffer from cancer pain, even a shitload of morphine might not help the pain, and bupe definitely won't help an ex-addict, pain is in the mind, so the euphoric part of full agonists effects helps the pain a lot.

I also do regret money spent on other opioids, but at some point in my life I just needed to stop caring about the world around me, otherwise I might just as well be dead now. And also as opioids got me through the hardest part of my life, teenage, I could face a lot of things that could destroy me mentally and but I learned not to care, like I learned not to care about girls who make of themselves worse than prostitutes, about two-faced people, about people who think they're better while they're not and a lot lot more. However, it didn't make all these things magically disappear, because they're completely independent of me and my attitude. I can't help it how people have less and less values. And no drug will ever change my REALITY, I value myself for that I will never cease to see the world in my own way and will never under any circumstances start acting conformist. It's sad, but all I can do is just snap out of reality only for some time, dissociate myself completely, and be in my world where there's no place for immorality. If I could be in that world forever and start believing it was the real world, I would definitely prefer to live there. I guess I would then be much less lonely. It's so hard to be so much love and intimacy needing when you start believing there isn't a single girl who would put my love and caring over some materialistic... shit.

So while I regret, I know I would have done the same, because I couldn't bear it. I still can't and frankly speaking if my opioid use wasn't so hurting to my mum, at times I think I would become an addict for my whole life and this time fully aware of it. First of all I'm human, I need other people, but other people around me with only a few exceptions scare me with how they have no morality, and I can't be romantically involved with a family member, and the absence of people who died who I cared for and who cared for me makes me have no hope.

I thought I did... so this year I've been keeping track of every dollar I spend on drugs. My spending has remained constant.

I guess I don't regret the money I've spent on them.

I mostly regret paying markup to middle men on RCs. Since I started dealing directly with "shittywok labs", things got a lot cheaper.

Of course this is only prudent on RCs that aren't clearly under the analog act.

I only regret the money for drugs that were fake... oh, and also what was seized by the FBI