• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do You Reget The Money Youve Spent On Drugs?

just curious, what is your financial situation like now?

I haven't been able to save much money because of my living situation, having to pay rent now on top of everything else -- gas, groceries, car insurance, cell phone, etc.

I'm also working the same job as before which doesn't pay all that much and it's not full-time. It's nice not to have credit card companies calling me and, somewhat ironically, I'm receiving credit card offers in the mail now. (They know that you cannot file for bankruptcy again, at least not for eight years.)

So, I would say that everything feels the same as it did before I filed for bankruptcy, but I'm sure that I am much better off now. I can start rebuilding my credit and such...

Yeah, it's a pretty funny story I guess. I mean, I really just did not care... I went balls-out, took a couple trips to Paris, bought some expensive dinners, would eat out almost every night of the week, and whatever else I wanted, I'd buy. For a while, I was able to afford all of this. (I had a better job at the time.) Then things just kind of went to shit, and bankruptcy was the best decision for sure.

^

haha thanks man :)

Yeah, it's great whenever the little guy kicks some ass, and it felt good to be the little guy kicking some ass.

Yea too bad bankruptcy doesnt clear student loans, Im fucked for life.

Yea too bad bankruptcy doesnt clear student loans, Im fucked for life.

It's true... no mulligans on student loans. But student loans are a little easier to work out; I'm going to defer my student loans until I'm 60 haha

I only regret spending money on bunk/low quality drugs i have purchased in the past, i haven't spent to to much on bunk goods which is a plus though. I do not regret spending a stupid amount of cash on various quality goods overs the years. Have had tons of amazing experiences that i wouldn't give up, and the large amount i spend on pharm. opiates+benzos i do not regret. I love drugs what can i say =D this planet is to boring and stressful for me to not spend money on drugs.

I had to do a financial inventory of the cost of my addictions. It was well over $300k & I do regret it when I look at where I could be financially today. I regret the time lost more than anything as I can earn more money but I can't get back a decade of destruction.

For the most part, Nope.

However I had blew threw a ridiculous amount of money about a two years ago in a short time. More than 15k in six months, which was my life savings.

So that hurt. I never dip into my savings and to lose everything and hardly realize what I was doing did bother me when it all came to an end.

Even though its replaceable, but I sometimes think of what I could have bought with that. That could have been half the down payment on a house.

For the most part yes, I regret that spent money. Especially cigarretes and alcohol and meth which only took something from me (mainly health) and gave almost nothing in return.

On the other hand weed and lsd, those I don't regret a single euro. I would have paid even 5 times more for some of the best trips I had.

I don't even really think about how much cash I've spent over the years on drugs and booze because it makes me depressed as fuck. I've spent so much money in the run of a weekend on booze and crack and never even mind other drugs that i'm sure i could have taken a vacation in Spain for the same price :| . All that money that i ran up on bar tabs and other useless shit really bums me out if i start thinking about it. Not to mention the $xxx a gram i used to drop on coke without a second thought.

Now i am going to go cry :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of my life earnings. My girl was just talkin to me about this an how she never has any new clothes. Don't really mind to much I like my dope.. wouldn't hurt to have some cash saved up to go back to edc or shomz this year tho :|

Not at all, I consider all the experiences well worth it although sometimes i really spend every last penny on my bag of kush, in the end lending 2 grams of garbage cocaine from your dealer that u have to pay back next time etc. But these things also form lessons from which you can learn how to use and dose a drug to enjoy it optimally. Some drugs like cocaine or amps in my opinion need some practice at first for setting up some bounderies in which u will most certainly once take to much and get that face slap that tell's u to not overdo these things. But realising time can't be turned back can help a great lot in changing your perspective on materialism in a great deal. Experiences with insights (good or bad) > experiences with great recreational value > money. And that's how i look at it.. :)

YES. Especially OxyContin, I'm prescribed it but every year my health insurance runs out in aug/sept and I have to spend what would equate to 1500$ a month to get all my meds. and I'll never get that back. So. much. money.

But its only money as some say...

obvious answer: yes

after thinking about it for a little: not really.

If the only thing that motivated me to make the money in the first place was drugs, would I have really sought it out as much if I didnt use them? Obviously, just my regular paychecks from work would have been put to better use, but seriously I dont know what I would spend my money on if I didnt use drugs. The only thing I havent paid for myself is the mortgage on our house, and even still I pay for the cable/electricity with my brother. I Help my dad with shit he doesnt have time to do, and we got our TV for free from my uncle for letting him keep his furniture in our house for a while.

other than this roof, I cannot think of a single thing that I use on an everyday basis that I dont provide for myself. And if I want to get a little fucked up every now and always, and im not stealing from nobody to get it, im gonna check it out.

blah blah blah throwing your life away blah blah blah, my dads worked almost every day of his life since he was 18 just to get divorced at age 40 and have one son who can barely dress himself, and one who more or less might as well not exist with the amount of interaction that goes on. And he doesn't do shit for fun

and im throwing my life away?

It's just at the point now where I can either stop doing drugs to save up money to move out, or just find more ways of acquiring it. And I can think of a few ways still

Now? Fuck yes I do.

At the time? Fuck no, I was having a blast.

...If I could get all of that cash back now, I'd have a Ferrari sitting in my drive way, and pet tigers to protect my estate. That, and my kid wouldn't have to worry about shit. But, hey, what can you do, right? Fuck it.

Only the shit drugs. For me, experiences cannot be described they must be felt. And in a way it's hard to put a monetary value on an experience.

i can regret sometime to buy drugs,for sure but the money part isnt so relevant,its more about not doing drugs than saving money

The only thing I might really regret is any damage I may have done to my body or mind (or friends and family) from being a little to enthusiastic with the drugs - money doesn't mean much to me.

Yes, I regret some of it... I mean I start to regret all the money I spent on drugs when I actually had a habit to a substance, such as pills or heroin. It's not bad to spend money on drugs here and there to have a little fun, but when you're blowing shit loads of money everyday, then there is a problem. So when I look back at times like that and even when I look at myself now... I start to have regrets. I regret all the money I wasted on substances that weren't even for fun anymore, especially when I could be using that money on better, more positive things.

Naw, the way I see it, money comes n goes...I have the rest of my life to make money. Theres more important things.