• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do You Reget The Money Youve Spent On Drugs?

Well I most certainly do. But I guess I didn't regret it much up until I was a opiate addict and ended up blowing thousands.

Prior to it I would not have traded the memories from drug/alcohol use for the money back that I spent over the years. Even though it would probably be a good amount. Now the oxy and H I would def trade all the times on that for the money.

Do I regret the few bucks of Modafinil that kept me alert enough to make tens of thousands playing the spread on for over a day straight in the last bitcoin crash? Hell no.

Well that's a bad example, but I'd say no in almost all cases.

I Just think of how much more money I can make when I have motivation back from not doing opiates.

Not really but i've been lucky enough to recoup portions that i've spent so it isn't so entirely damning for me. Plus i've had many biazaare yet wonderful journies thanks to chemicals, that and thankfully i've never crossed the thin line of being an addict or daily user of anything but noids, so that helps too.

Useless paper, this same useless paper will get me a home eventually, where I will grow whatever neccesary :)...

MEANINGLESS. I want to colonize space, no matter how much I work or how little I sleep i'll never attain the wealth to make that possible.

Let's just say that if I would of never smoked cigarettes, weed, drank alcohol or used any drug and never needed to see a doctor for bupe, I probably would have saved enough money to invest in a nice house. Roughly, just low balling, I've spent at least $25,550 on just weed, combined with bupe doctor appointments, 5 years of suboxone use, all the dope and pills I've shot, all the other random drugs I've bought and all the equipment like pipes and needles that I've needed to buy so I can use the drugs, I easily regret spending that kind of money on something that I don't still own and that only helped to kill me. The fact that most of the money wasn't earned legitimately is even worse, all the risks I've taken and jail time that I can never get back sucks, I've just been generally unhappy with my drug use for years. Knowing how much money I've wasted just adds to how disappointed I am over using drugs. I can say I don't regret smoking pot though, it's a lot of money spent but it's like the only drug that's not ruining my life so, IMO, it's not that bad of a drug at all, probably the best drug for you if you're going to use anything.

Last edited:
Afterwards ya. While doing it, well I just say to myself "of fuck it already blew this much money, might as well spend more and forget about it". It sucks, I'm 25, shit 26 in a few months don't have a place of my own, and haven't bought any new clothes in YEARS, then the guilt of not only spending all of my money but the money I've conned out or just flat out stole from other people...it's fuckin' pathetic. Have a job though, but it seems the only reason for me to keep the job is to buy more drugs. I save up some for a little bit then BAM time to relaspe like fuckin clockwork every few months I think... Begining to think I might as well just go on Methadone instead of subs. Would be costly for a little bit, but once I get take homes... I never see myself being opiate free after saying all that though. Oh well.

I thought I did... so this year I've been keeping track of every dollar I spend on drugs. My spending has remained constant.

I guess I don't regret the money I've spent on them.

Rethinking this, [to elaborate,] I think I may regret how I've wasted drugs by doing them in inefficient ways, rather than the money that it cost to get them. For example, smoking weed so frequently the high becomes a faint buzz... drinking to the point of puking... tripping when it's not an apt time to do so and hence "wasting" a trip... blah blah. As long as I am *smart* about my use, the financial aspect is not an issue. For me, it's about making the proper choice in timing and amount, rather than purchasing them to begin with.

Damn I've been a BLighter for a good amount of years now, and I don't think I've ever visited Drug Culture. I don't know why but the thread title of this just made me STOP everything I was doing on the spot.

LOL, such a controversial topic for me. I'm like 2 sided on this shit mentally. I'd say at least since I started experimenting with "harder" drugs, 2-3k a year maybe?? Most if not practically all of my $ towards the end of HS went to various drugs & while employed I can definitely say its in the 3-4k range easy. Like I said MAJORITY of my $ earned in recent years went to drugs without question..

When I truly look back, obviously I realize I could of bought alot more productive things up to this point, A decent car maybe? Saved for college? Vacation? etc. While I definitely could of been "Better off" in my life right now if I focused on my priorities..

The real genuine side of me says NO FUCKING WAY to finally answer the question. Because I look at it like this addicted or not, Some of the Greatest times of my life have been under the influence of drugs. Even when Crystal addiction practically took my soul & I hit the definition of "Rock Bottom" I still don't have much regret, Why? Personally I look at everything in life as an experience whether positive or negative, Me hitting so low truly showed me the darkside of what drugs are capable of...

It genuinely taught me a lot from being on the streets temporarily, experiencing severe sleep deprivation that eventually lead to full blown psychosis to even legitimately ODing on tweak. I almost lost my life barely hanging on in ICU you know?

But yeah even though most of general society would call my reasons pointless and idiotic. I don't really care, sadly I've lived for drugs past 5-6 years of my life but as I stated, what's done is done but I can walk away more responsible, experienced, and educated then ever before. Seeing how deep the rabbit hole goes made me appreciate life more, Letting me provide first hand experience to those maybe contemplating using drugs? I know personally I've already made a few close relatives think twice about using, and you know what? That right there hits me hard straight up.

ANYWAY I'm Spun BTW so I apologize for the huge response. To summarize it all basically though, I've had Amazing times on drugs that no one can take away from me.....From the positive fun spiritually enlightening experiences to the Dark negative qualities that at times were even traumatizing. Regardless of my current life situation, It means more to me that I can walk away an Educated mind that possess extensive knowledge regarding substance abuse. Capable of helping out others in a similar struggle I guess? Blind society might label my views worthless/irrelevant but shit..If I genuinely take it in positively whose to tell me I'm wrong right?

i live with my parents who provide me food and a shelter so no, not at all, because that's pretty much the only thing i spend my money on.

furthermore, i don't have addictions (not even cigs) so i haven't spent a whole lotta money. also i'm glad to trade some meaningless (yet so useful) piece of paper for a good time if it's worth it.

Yesh. Who wouldn't? It's basically money wasted.

Well you can't take the money with you, and I sure as shit don't have any kids, so I'm not sure it could really have been better spent. It definitely wasn't wasted. And it helped me to begin budgeting for real life.

Yes, only because I regret my choice of substance and I haven't even got it yet. It's only 20 euros but that 20 euros could have been almost 20 beers instead. Better safe than dead or some shit.

Honestly? No.
That money helped numb my feelings, thoughts, and pains. Well worth it IMO.
Then again, I'm not materialistic at all, nor do I care about vanity. I'm actually quite selfless.
I could care less about the new Iphone, or the new jordans, polo's, abercombie, and all of that bullshit.

If you honestly feel the way that you do - Maybe you should spend your money elsewheres, or save it up.
Better to quote than plagerize. Just like JunkieDays. The thing i have to look forward to.

When I got clean I went back through my bank statements and did the best I could to figure out how much I spent. Close to three hundred grand over 3 years. That includes money I gave to girls to hang out with me when I was fucked up and blacked out. That also includes money I gave to hot Dominican girls to go up to Washington Heights and get my drugs and bring them back down to midtown. Really loved having the Dominican and Puerto Rican bitches delivering for me. Loved that.

Yes, I regret the money I spent on drugs. Mostly because it could have been spent on other stuff. But I also don't think i'd be the man I am today if I didn't go through what I did. And i'm a person with WAY more life experience to impart to my kids than most people I know. So its really a tough question to answer.

Not really.

I do regret some of the things I did to get the money, but that is in the past and I no longer have to do anything fucked up to get what I want.

If I could do it over again I would have not taken advantage of people's generosity. That is about it.

But no my personal money I spent on drugs, I do not regret it. If things had not played out the way they did I would not be who I am today and well I like who I am.

When I was really strung out or doing evil shit to get drugs, I really did not like myself at all and now I can honestly say I like who I am.