AWW YEAH - New Haven Coliseum - June 2nd, 2001

Jamal is very bored @ work on this dreary Memorial day, so he has decided to post.
Reasons why Jamal will be attending this party:
Tech Itch
Decoder
Bad Company
Dara
Green Velvet (ripped it @ Lupos)
Josh Wink
J Smooth

Also cool to see people on the dance floor into Static, Pleasurehead, Venom, Scott Henry, JJ Blades, etc.
This party should definitely be off the hook. remember though, it's not just the DJs that make the party it's more the people who attend that make it. Bad Vibes = shitty party. Jamal doesn't need to tell you that though. Hope to see you all there. (Why was Jamal talking in 3rd person? He tends to do that often.)
wink.gif

------------------
"In this business it's not what you know, it's who you know."

so how bout a huge meetup???? anyway im commin from rhode island and if anyone from like the eastern part of CT would let me follow them there or something cause i know nothing about CT, i know how to get to dayville thats about it. and if anyone needs a ride ill be happy to give ya one.
------------------
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything
AIM: coldshot25

BUMP!
Bluelight meet up???
------------------
Trance and Dance: the enlightened path to Trancendence.

Getting to the New Haven Coliseum from RI is very very simple.
I don't know where you live in RI, but get your ass onto 95 south towards New York
get off at Exit 47 (CT 34)
get off at EXIT 1 towards Downtown New Haven/Coliseum (the building is to your immediate right)
bear right onto S. Orange St. at the end of the ramp (you'll hear music and see party kids)
and your there!!
Hope this helped Coldshot.
p.l.U.r
------------------
"They know what is what, and they don't know what is what...they just strut...WHAT THE FUCK!!"

Getting to the New Haven Coliseum from RI is very very simple.
I don't know where you live in RI, but get your ass onto 95 south towards New York
get off at Exit 47 (CT 34)
get off at EXIT 1 towards Downtown New Haven/Coliseum (the building is to your immediate right)
bear right onto S. Orange St. at the end of the ramp (you'll hear music and see party kids)
and your there!!
Hope this helped Coldshot.
p.l.U.r
------------------
"They know what is what, and they don't know what is what...they just strut...WHAT THE FUCK!!"

Just in case you don't meetup with anyone in eastern CT; getting to New Haven, CT from RI is very very simple.
I don't know where you live in RI, but get your ass onto 95 SOUTH towards New York
get off at EXIT 47(CT 34)
get off at EXIT 1 towards Downtown New Haven/Coliseum(the Coliseum will be to your immediate right. You can't miss it)
At the end of the ramp, bear slightly right onto S. Orange St(you'll hear music and see party kidz)
and your there!
hope this helped Coldshot.
see ya there.
------------------

Hey, this will be my first Connecticut party. I've heard so many good things about them for the past four years and just never have gotten there. I will be wearing a light blue shirt with hello kitty zodiac stuff on the front, black pants and a blue choker with spikes on it. Don't be shy, say hello if you see me!!!
smile.gif

-M'liss

HELLZ YA! w00! well.. this is DEF the last post before this shit.. its 8:49.. party's already STARTED! im leavin in bout 5 minutes.. it'll take me like 6 to get to that shit... park in my "secret" parking location (heh) then head on into this sit! i'd better see some of ya! Dayna.. i got your email and i'd BETTER see you! i know i'll see Qtip.. so if ya see him.. ask him who frEddiE d is.. and i'm sure i'll be in the zone! and.. oh boy.. KINGSKEE.. if you Do actually Go to parties at all.. i'm sure you'll be at this one rockin yer Heaven or Hell shirt.. cuz that's all you seem to own.. clothing wise i mean. heh.. so KINGSKEE.. look for me and TopRocka amongst the crowds.. cause i KNOW we'll be lookin for YOU! wh00t! heh... but whateva mah.. hope this' gona be phun.. cuz goddamn.. i saw the New Haven Nighthawks play Hockey here in like 87! HAHA. well.. see ya hacks there!
smile.gif

/frEddiE d

News Report according to the New Haven Register (i'm pretty sure there were alot of arrests tho!)
The Blotter
Police presence strong at concert
Tara Stapleton June 03, 2001
NEW HAVEN — An all-night techno-music concert at the New Haven Coliseum was playing out without a hitch as of press time Saturday, police said.
"No problems whatsoever," Sgt. Dennis Burgh said.
He said 35 to 40 police officers had been assigned to surveillance duty at the concert, which was scheduled to continue until 6 a.m. today.
Local producers Columns Knowledge organized the party, dubbed "Aww Yeah!," which began at 8 p.m. with headliner Josh Wink.
The show also featured Green Velvet, Kimball Collins, Scott Henry, Venom, Wilhelm K, Alchemy, Knowledge Us Pleasurehead and Brain Probe, Tech Itch Decoder, Bad Company, Dara, J Smooth, Static, Bezerker, JJ Blades, Madame Buddafly and Lotus. Tickets were $40 and available to people 16 and over.
©New Haven Register 2001

i had fun, i was so tired that i couldnt even comprehend what was going on, but i danced for a good 3-4 hours or so. I kept laughing when the cops were breaking up a few of the people who were "blowing each other up" in the jungle room. and to think...people say cops arent that cool
smile.gif

------------------
Cheese: It's whats for dinner.

Aww Yeah was one of the best parties i've been to in my life. Minimal sketchiness, minimal etards on the floor (the staduim seats came in handy for that)... Great sound, great lights, great sets. A lot of seemingly sober folk. I was surprised. And a buch of unhappy kids who got busted in the lots. I've never been to a party where security was that tight. Not even my gynocologist gets THAT personal. I'm glad this party went so well, though. One step in the positive direction. I hope everyone who went had a great time too... That venue was awesome.
------------------
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!"

OH MAN!!! This party was way better than I thought it was gonna be. Josh Wink tore shit up. I couldnt stop moving till the end. Security was way to tight in the begining but they chilled out more towards the middle of the party. I saw a few kids from Mass. get busted with a couple hundred pills in the parking lot right before the party. Sux to be them. Well I'm out. Peace!!

hmmmm, interesting party to top off my interesting weekend. Security was way tight! Me and Pinkerton were chilling at the car calling a friend, and two cops came up to us and started patting us down for NO reason, he even shoved his hands down Pink's pockets, and they never gave us a reason!! Then I got robbed by 3 so called "BTS" boys, but we found 2 bigger dudes to go rob them back, it worked out quite well. Then one of my boys got busted by the FBI and the DEA in the parking lot, hes out on 100K bond
frown.gif

As for the party itself, AWESOME, great sound (my ears are still litterally ringging), Finally got to see tech itch and decoder, pretty good set, Bad company was sick, and DARA spun one of the most powerful sets i have ever seen him spin. all in all it was a pretty damn good party, great venue too!

i hafta agree...bad company played a pretty sick set. I was VERY impressed with Dara again too (ive seen him a bunch of times lately). That must have been the biggest "jungle room" i have ever been in, didnt have space problems ONCE (till i decided to go in the middle of the crowd for a little while).
My sober ass didnt hafta worry about any of the security (as usual), but it was kinda funny when they searched me and found pills on me that belonged to my brother. He had wore my pants the other day and left a bunch of his prescription medication in my pocket so when they searched me I had to take them out which looked VERY sketchy on my part
smile.gif
Im just glad it was kept under control, and for the people that got busted or in trouble, sorry to hear that.
-adam
------------------
Cheese: It's whats for dinner.

Yes.. i Def have to agree with the tight security thing.. godDAMN.. but.. whaddya expect from Connecticut.. i mean Really.. lol.. the same thing happened to us when we parked in the garage.. when i got my shoes out of the trunk.. and went over to sit in my car to put my socks and shoes on.. a cop came up to my car.. banged on the glass with his flashlight.. and was like "Hey.. ya got any DRUGS in there son?" i was like.. "Um.. actually.. ya i do.. and would you mind holding them while i get this sock on?" lol well.. most of that was true.. just not the part with me Talking.. lol.. but the Party itself was Amazing.. Green Velvet was fuggin Phat! so was most other peeps in the main room.. but DAMN.. the Jungle room was Awesome! Bad Company.. Blew me Away!.. tech itch and decoder were Sweet!.. Dara.. Oh my Gosh! haha hmm.. i didnt seem to see Any of you tho.. Well.. except for the usual.. Qtip, Pink, Mass Scooter.. uh.. thats IT! lol.. but whateva mah! well i'm out.. Peace!
freddie d

ohhh.. now I know who Q-tip is. I met you outside with Chad and Eddie.
I agree that Bad Company was decent, but once they got that damn MC off the stage and let Dara do his thang I was much more pleased. Dara was the only one who really got me pumped and I don't even appreciate drum n'bass that much.
The party was fun, even though I was wicked tired. But it just sucked that I had to stand in line with 300 other girls getting "patted down"
wink.gif
if you can call it that by two butch women with mullets, 2 by 2. *Glad that I got out and saw some kids I haven't seen in FORever though.
Hugzzzzzzzzz...
Margi