• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Bleeps & Whirrs presents: EDD Blue Pills & EDD Red Pills

saw herbie this year at bonnaroo. Was fat.

But anyways, there is lots of nu-funk comming out of the states suprised they dont get booked here, MMW and what not.

I have checked the jazz cafe, kind of hit or miss on quality.

Whats the ninja thing?

nice, would be nice to some krush-esque beats being thrown around...

thanks for the link funky a

check quantic soul orchestra or just the dj quantic if you see him coming near to you, saw him on friday and it was some of the fattest soulful funky, jazzy, stuff ive heard, wish i knew where he went shopping for vinyl, played loads of decent bootlegs aswell and some really soulful drum & base but it wasn't like liquid d&b just fatness.

you gotta find good vinyl stores, that stock a lot of old stuff. In detroit ther was a place called record time (the cliche alternative record store...like empire records but not gay), and they have a great selection of used old schoool jazz/funk/motown whatever you want records, along with all the new stuff.

I am sure there are some hole in the wall vinyl places, problem I saw when I came to london before (back when i spun) and went shopping for vinyl is that the places I went to had all the newest stuff, but never any old stuff or vintage shit.

Ups and downs of record shoppin in london.

yea i live down in devon so the best places to get old vinyl is in oxfam and charity shops, which generally takes alot of digging through alot of crap, want to take some trips to bristol and london though once ive got a bit more cash and maybe some of my own transport.

Quantic is playing up in Leeds on friday the dilema isn that the day after Squarepusher and Cassetteboy are playing. i don't have enough money to go to both. Which one? i think my funky side will prevail.

Back on the thread though, I really enjoyed the Red Pill, I saw Tiesto and initially though that is was going to wanky trance but I really enjoyed the track. I have yet to burn the blue disc, I'm reformatting the computer and will do it tomorrow.

completeki said:
you gotta find good vinyl stores, that stock a lot of old stuff. In detroit ther was a place called record time (the cliche alternative record store...like empire records but not gay), and they have a great selection of used old schoool jazz/funk/motown whatever you want records, along with all the new stuff.

I am sure there are some hole in the wall vinyl places, problem I saw when I came to london before (back when i spun) and went shopping for vinyl is that the places I went to had all the newest stuff, but never any old stuff or vintage shit.

Ups and downs of record shoppin in london.
If you go to Notting Hill there's a couple of record shops (on the main road where the tube station is) that have some great jazz selections, as well as good old school techno and other styles of music. I can't remember for the life of me what the shops are called, but I'm sure you'd be able to find them easily enough.

Just need to mention in this thread that everyone should check out andy's website and have a listen to the mixes he can do when it's all his own choice as they are fucking excellent!

www.bleepsandwhirrs.com

andy rox :D

you're sites looking proper bo now, noticed you got two laptops do you use abelton with those?

Thanks funkypal.

I use ableton and an evolution x-session to to dj with, in the picture I was also vjing with two laptops and 2 dvd players at the same time as making me noizes- that was when I played at the same night as Plaid (namedrop namedrop) one of the coolest things I've done EVAR!

andy i didnt know you were diggin on ableton, i just got locked out of live 5, so i am back to 4.

You got any hardware synths?

I love me some ableton

yeah i got locked out of 4 yesterday. I think ableton put some date sensitive copy protection in there. There's a h2o version of 5.0.2 that's doing the rounds that works fine.

no hardware synths.

word, you can use mine if you want to play around sometime :D.

I only had the first release of live 5, and totally locked me out. Havent run into that problem with 4 yet.

hammering my 3meg for all its worth now getting them both :D cant wait to hear them

andy please tell me there is a .wav version hanging around somewhere? ? ?

purdy please? :D

umm, there's a cd, but since a lot of the tracks woz 192kb/s to begin with you're not going to pull much more quality out of it!

soz :/

oh of course

*smacks forehead*

np :)

download will begin in 3 hrs :)

To many pages to check.

However if you want to have the track list appear on the CD player with the correct track name, open the cue file in note pad and replace the "Track #" text within quotes with the actual track name :)

To be honest, not all the tracks my cup of tea, but very good publication since its only a message board creation! fantastic, great work!