• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

clonazepam rages?

i'm tapering off my benzo rx right now (my decision) because i noticed the pissy attitude i developed on it (sometimes escalated to outbursts of rage).

this is how the situation feels to me:
because you're so relaxed / slowed down, any kind of exertion (physical/mental/social) seems like such a chore. and put under duress by others, you'll start to externalize this frustration (because you're uninhibited).

Mind-Melt said:
i don't get any abnormal 'rage' from clonazepam or any benzo, to my conscious knowledge.

can you say, opiate rage, though?

i can.

Oh yes. I have had quite a bit of rage on opiates before. One time I was outside my girlfriend's (ex now) house with my mom's car (my car was low on gas, so I borrowed hers) and the alarm started going off. I tried turning it off, locking all the doors, and a bunch of other shit just to make it stop. It was around 7:00 P.M. and one of her dickhead neighbors came out and threatened to "kick my fucking ass" if I didn't turn off the alarm. I was on a high dose of pod tea and xanax and I have an anger problem. I just don't let people threaten or talk shit to me unless I really deserved it. I couldn't get the damn alarm to stop and I tried calling my dad to see if he could tell me how to fix it. I tried the things he told me to do and nothing worked. At the same time, the neighbors were all in their garage drunk and drinking beer. They opened up the garage door and started yelling shit at me. I yelled back telling them to fuck off and that I was trying to fix the damn thing. A woman came out and told me she was going to call the cops ON ME if I didn't stop the noise. Her 55+ year old husband and younger friend were the ones threatening me and I'm the bad guy that needs to be arrested. 8)

After 30 minutes of yelling back and forth, my dad finally came over to fix it. After a little while it stopped, and I started to walk over to the neighbors house and confront them face to face since I was still extremely pissed off that these old men were threatening me and talking shit when I was in a situation I couldn't solve. My dad followed and kept telling me not to go over there but I did anyway.. I asked them why they threatened me and talked shit the entire time I was trying to fix the problem. They told me (my dad was right next to me) that they never said a word to me and that I'm making shit up! I started yelling at this guy cuz I couldn't fucking believe they would lie straight to my face and my dad's. These guys are OLD and acting so immature. I was in such a huge rage that I walked right up to this guys face and stared him in the eyes calling him a lying, old, fuck and many other insults trying to get this guy to hit me so I could beat his ass. I was about to start a fight with these two guys alone, but my dad physically pulled me away and told me to calm the fuck down and ignore it. Every time after that, when I went to my girlfriends house they would stare me down giving me bad looks.

It's hard to explain the "rage" I was in. It is one of those things you have to witness for yourself to understand. It was as if I was having extreme roid rage.

THis is so weird and I dont know why it occurs the way it does with klonopins, but it does. Whenever I take K-pins in high doses (generally 4-10mg) I become so hostile and very easily set off into a rage. Normally, however, I am a really calm, layed-back, non-hostile person, but if I take clonazapam, it has paradoxical effects for some reason. The same thing has happened a couple times with xanax.

ive seen xanax rage... 12mg or so and the guy broke a couple of windows and ran off into the woods... police found him some time later...

when you get angry on benzos, especially xanax, since u have no real care for what anyone else thinks, youll say and do shit youd never imagine

youarewhatyouis said:
^^ oh no! dont ever give a girl the dope dick! she'll expect you to fuck her for 2 hours every time after that....

haaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so funny - but proBaBly VERY true !!!! hahahahaaaaaa

I love when people post info bout the drugs they're talking about straight up copy and paste from wiki and erowid.

Ive never gotten violent at all on any benzo they always chill me out. Ive taken 16mg's of clonazepam in the past and just had abit of memory loss and sedation. Diazepam and temazepam never make me violent either.

Alot of the stories on here sound like stories on me on alcohol. Ive blacked out for half the goddamn day as a result of drinking a shitload of booze. I once downed a 26oz bottle of jim beam in 20 minutes decided to hit the town and thats when alot of bad shit happened.

Ended up kicking the shit out of some guy at a bar, tried to rob a few cars, punched some guy in the face and tried to rob him but he managed to get away and threw a garbage can threw the window of a big chain fast food restaurant. I can't really remember if it was open at the time. How i didnt end up in the drunk tank on a wack of charges that night i'll never know.

Happened to me in the hospital but with valium...the reason why I flipped out is because they took away my IV dilaudid drip :(

psychotiKK said:
Oh yes. I have had quite a bit of rage on opiates before. One time I was outside my girlfriend's (ex now) house with my mom's car (my car was low on gas, so I borrowed hers) and the alarm started going off. I tried turning it off, locking all the doors, and a bunch of other shit just to make it stop. It was around 7:00 P.M. and one of her dickhead neighbors came out and threatened to "kick my fucking ass" if I didn't turn off the alarm. I was on a high dose of pod tea and xanax and I have an anger problem. I just don't let people threaten or talk shit to me unless I really deserved it. I couldn't get the damn alarm to stop and I tried calling my dad to see if he could tell me how to fix it. I tried the things he told me to do and nothing worked. At the same time, the neighbors were all in their garage drunk and drinking beer. They opened up the garage door and started yelling shit at me. I yelled back telling them to fuck off and that I was trying to fix the damn thing. A woman came out and told me she was going to call the cops ON ME if I didn't stop the noise. Her 55+ year old husband and younger friend were the ones threatening me and I'm the bad guy that needs to be arrested. 8)

After 30 minutes of yelling back and forth, my dad finally came over to fix it. After a little while it stopped, and I started to walk over to the neighbors house and confront them face to face since I was still extremely pissed off that these old men were threatening me and talking shit when I was in a situation I couldn't solve. My dad followed and kept telling me not to go over there but I did anyway.. I asked them why they threatened me and talked shit the entire time I was trying to fix the problem. They told me (my dad was right next to me) that they never said a word to me and that I'm making shit up! I started yelling at this guy cuz I couldn't fucking believe they would lie straight to my face and my dad's. These guys are OLD and acting so immature. I was in such a huge rage that I walked right up to this guys face and stared him in the eyes calling him a lying, old, fuck and many other insults trying to get this guy to hit me so I could beat his ass. I was about to start a fight with these two guys alone, but my dad physically pulled me away and told me to calm the fuck down and ignore it. Every time after that, when I went to my girlfriends house they would stare me down giving me bad looks.

It's hard to explain the "rage" I was in. It is one of those things you have to witness for yourself to understand. It was as if I was having extreme roid rage.

Wow. I probably would have been the same way if that happened to me and I was in your situation. At least you probably got a tiny bit of satisfaction for going over and calling the old bastard a "lying, old, fuck" right to his face. I can tell how extremely bad you wanted to beat his ass though, and I can't blame you. Haha.