Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Job Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishface said:
Things have changed significantly in the construction industry, with the percentage of female tradespersons on site becoming ever more noticeable, CCF.
yep. there are even females working offshore in the trades mentioned above. which is great!
DR said:
This one I'm doing now for Cogent is 18 months at college full-time which isn't ideal to me but I reckon the long term benefits would be much better so I'm applying for it anyway.
18 months is fuck all in the grand scheme of things mate. you'd still get home for the weekends, i'm guessing. and who knows, you might even make some friends on your course, imagine that eh? ;)

but aye, the benefits would be huge.

out of the four trades, the ones that would be the most useful back in the real world would be the sparkie and the mechie.

the other two are the cushiest ones, but would have less applications onshore, unless you go to work in a gas terminal.

the production tech (a.k.a. 'operator') is a good route for moving onwards and upwards on a platform.

the instrument tech (a.k.a. 'tiffy'!, short for artificer) is a cushy number. those guys do *fuck all* all day! :D

ultimately, my goal is to make loads of bucks offshore and buy a pad abroad somewhere. on my two weeks off i could choose to come home or go and stay in France somewhere. that would be fucking sweet. %)

p.s. this is shaping up to be a great little thread, i'm delighted! :)

To all of you who are struggling to find work, can I ask which region you live in? I'm always led to believe that there is loads of work in the UK?

why don't you tell where YOU are mate? ;)

aberdeenshire here. there's always 'loads of work' somewhere, but it all depends on which industry you're looking in.

Guernsey. There's about 240 people unemployed here, out of around 60,000. There're probably at least 1000 unfilled posts on the island.

Edinburgh here. Plenty of jobs around but like I said earlier, the majority of them are in the financial industry and that's boring.

Deathrow558 said:
Edinburgh here. Plenty of jobs around but like I said earlier, the majority of them are in the financial industry and that's boring.

Hahah, you'd love Guernsey then. About 70 banks here......

Name some interesting ones that you can do without a degree or any relevent experience and I might have to reconsider.

Deathrow558 said:
Name some interesting ones that you can do without a degree or any relevent experience and I might have to reconsider.

Yep, you might struggle without those!

felix said:
Hello there, my fellow daytime TV watchers.

Are you out of work at the moment? What's your story? Are you happy being unemployed, or are you actively seeking work? What are you doing about it? Do you perhaps have any amusing anecdotes to tell? Have you considered going on the Jeremy Kyle show?

:)

You could make a website and charge people 50 pence everytime you want to talk to someone about work/ask them about their job etc :)

Deathrow558 said:
No way, you shouldn't let that put you off. I've been looking at Modern Apprenticeships and there are loads out there. I've applied for a few Quantity Surveying ones which sound good and one for BAE Systems (I've done their tests and am now waiting to see if I passed).

There are loads available in the construction industry so I applied for a few different ones there too.

This one I'm doing now for Cogent is 18 months at college full-time which isn't ideal to me but I reckon the long term benefits would be much better so I'm applying for it anyway.

I'm too old for a modern apprenticeship now. However, when I was young enough I was too busy working and then moving around a lot so I wouldn't have done it then either.

You're right though...i'll do some more research!

Well if you're too old for the apprenticeship schemes there are trainee schemes which are pertty much the same but without the age limit.

Been to uni. Got a degree. It's not a vocational subject.

I was speaking in retrospect when I was talking about Modern apprenticeships as being something I often thought I'd liked to have done.

I'm investigating many options at the moment as i've hit a point where I'm starting to think about things. Do I or don't I wan't a full blown career. It's a constant brain struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.