• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Motorbike/Scooter Discussion

aye, definitely fast enough!

especially in this fecking weather. you got any cold weather gear, aros? are you gonna be using it to get to work over the winter?

ive got a thick jacket with all the safety stuff and some thick gloves, gonna buy some bike trousers in the next week or two, i'll wear them over jeans and a fleece.. since im working nights its gonna be fucking freezing but i guess ittl at least keep me awake lol.

i'm gonna use it over the winter yeah but if its real icy or snow or something i'll just get a lift to work off one of my parents and a lift back from someone at work, don't wanna have an accident cause of something stupid like biking in the snow lol

You'd be amazed how drowsy you get when you get cold.
I spent too many thousands of miles in sub zero temperatures and it's not fun.

^ Hmmm years ago ( lots ) I did a 160 mile round trip witha ashirt on & a jacket that didn't fasten i sub zero , I have never been colder , i couldn't do anything oopen the door nowt just frozen solid,& to top it off when I got in the fucking fire had gone out as well! Olden days = coal fires see.

Everyday I had to do a 40 mile round journey to uni and back throughout the depths of north eastern winter.8o :( :X

I would wear 2-3 layers of clothing and about 3 pairs of gloves. 8o

YE - F**KER by the time I arrived I was so cold that I couldn't feel any of my extremities including me ass !!!!8o

OH those times seemed bad then but I wish I were in the same position right now.;) %) =D =D <3

^ Ah good, you get the idea then. Unable to open the door for 5 minutes (loss of sensation in limbs never mind digits) even lighting the fire was erm a nightmare....however the bliss 90 minutes later with steaming cup of tea & nice joint to smoke made it seem almost worth it.

the kerosene to get it going was fun as well.
I hadn't long had a motorbike at the time, and it was certainly interesting making the 10 mile trip to university when it had snowed.

Revival.

Looks like I'll be buying a Gixxer 600 in Autumn.

dsc06424largekh5.jpg

Of course with that paint scheme, as they do go faster.
Think I can get a 2002 reg with around 10k miles for only £2k :D

Just wondering how uncomfortable it'll be riding down to Monaco and further. Especially with a pillion.

Got to agree with Jude here. On a sportsbike you tend to stretch over the tank & your neck can strain while looking up. All very well blasting around locally for the day, but on a long touring ride you'll defo know about it.

The only reason a gixxer6 has a bitch seat is so you can take your bird down to the video shop for a dvd, not Monaco :D

My Minsk was surprisingly comfortable, even for the pillion, once my lower back strengthened up after years of being sat in front of a computer.

Not sure if I should be looking for pillion comfort and my girlfriend would much rather fly/drive to Italy or wherever.

If I want to be a serious tourer I'd want something like the kwakker 1400, but its a bit out of my price and size range for the next few years at least. Maybe I'll get the gixxer so I can have a superbike and do what people with superbikes do. Then later on go for a sporttourer.

Done a bit more research and a Yamaha FJR1300 seems ideal for 2-up touring, and according to this I can get a used one for just over £2.5k, none on their site though.

But what do you lot think of buying a bike like that for that price?

Might buy a cheap Honda CBR600f for £750, K reg though.

Can I really go wrong for that price? Would only use it for a year, until I have enough money for a brand new bike (FJR1300 if my mind hasn't changed by then), or until I go to Vietnam to work. I don't want it to cost me more in new parts 6 months down the line.

If the CBR is clean enough, I'd certainly think about it. Do you know anyone who can go look at it with you who knows bikes?

My next bike is a toss-up between a Hayabusa or an FJR1300. On one hand I would like a sports bike, but on the other I'd like a sports tourer. :\

If you shop around there are plenty of FJR deals for an older version that may even come with the panniers & top box included, saving a fortune in the process. As long as it had decent mileage, good nick & hopefully a service history, I see no problem buying a bike that age. There's no harm in having an AA type cover as well - a must for abroad touring as well.

vfr800 - comfy fast & reliable sports tourer some nice ones on ebay for under 2k

vfr800_2002.jpg

but if the cbr600 is not a dog i'd go with that for the money

If the CBR is clean enough, I'd certainly think about it. Do you know anyone who can go look at it with you who knows bikes?

My next bike is a toss-up between a Hayabusa or an FJR1300. On one hand I would like a sports bike, but on the other I'd like a sports tourer. :\

If you shop around there are plenty of FJR deals for an older version that may even come with the panniers & top box included, saving a fortune in the process. As long as it had decent mileage, good nick & hopefully a service history, I see no problem buying a bike that age. There's no harm in having an AA type cover as well - a must for abroad touring as well.

I can ask my mate who I met in Thailand, works for Airbus as an engineer and has a bit of a bike obsession. Fuck knows where Bewdley is though.
If its not too far he'll give me a lift as it'll save him giving me a lift to Pembrokeshire for a beach party in June.

EDIT: Bewdley is just up the M5 towards Brum.
Thing is, I bet this'll be gone by the time I have the money and my licence.

Last edited:
Take yer time son. First of all save your cash & get through your test before you start buying bikes on a whim. Not exactly sure when you pay for your training & test these days, but you could also book it in advance for some time in the near future then pay nearer the time. Get in touch with the training place & ask. You can also start looking at bikes on Bike Trader & MCN for used bikes & buying guides.

Also, & this is a biggie, have a list of bikes you are interested in by using examples from the above sites & get online quotes for insurance. I'm sure you would hate to spend £750 on a CBR, only to find out they want around the same amount to insure the damn thing! 8o