Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Recruitment EADD Needs YOU....!!! Another mod to join the ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotchMist

Bluelight Crew

Yup, the recruitment thread is out again!! Sadly we lost Allein when he moved on to moderate DF, they have better pension and healthcare plans ;)

So,

We have space for one lucky applicant who will join the mod team to help with the smooth running of EADD, essentially ensuring the tranquil coexistence of our esteemed denizens.

We're looking for someone motivated who has a reasonable degree of drugs-knowledge and experience, who practices and will promote harm reduction. If you think you can commit to putting time into modding EADD by checking in most days, keeping up with all the posts, actively modding, enforcing the BLUA/Forum Guidelines a.k.a. rules, be part of the mod team and still post regularly yourself - then we'd like you to apply!

Perks include, but are not limited to:

• A Modstick, used for spanking naughty EADDers amongst other things.
  • The Staff Nudie Thread.
  • An increased PM allowance.
  • Access to all the exclusive staff gossip. (a.k.a. staff forums)
  • An EADD mod welcome hamper.

If you would like to apply, please PM either or all , ScotchMist, BecomingJulie & Shambles,
with a brief summary of why you are suited to the role.

Do not post your application in this thread!

Please include the following information in your application:

• Why you want to moderate EADD?
  • What relevant knowledge / experience you have of modding, drugs and harm-reduction?
  • How much time could you dedicate to modding?
  • How you would improve EADD?
N.B - we won't be choosing our new moderator based on post count, or join date, so even if you aren't a long-standing member, don't be afraid to apply!

<3 Good luck! <3

Closing date for applications:
19th of August 2015

I've thought about Sprout a couple of times lately and forgot to ask if anyone's heard from him.. hope he's ok..

The Hamper, Bob... It's a closely guarded secret :sus:

What's in the welcome hamper? And is there genuinely a staff nudie thread?

These are deal breakers for me ....jk I don't have the time to mod anyway

When they messed with the lounge earlier in the year they fucked up and for a small window of time everyone was able to acces the staff forum.

PM me and I'll link you to the site where chicken scratch dumped all the staff nudes he copy pasted.

Drug forum? Ive never seen Allein on DF n I'm a member there, have been since 2012 gave them €60 a while back

Evey

All we are saayyiinngg is Give Sprout a chance

I agree to be honest. Think he cares for the forum, has drug knowledge n experience plus he's been round awhile n is good with the members. Shame we can't vote n nominate, eh?!

Evey

This won't go down well, but hey ho someone has to say it...8)

Taking on the role of an EADD mod comes with many complications. I'd like to quote 2 members, as I feel strongly that their words are very pertinent to anyone considering taking on the job.

Tranced: "Let's remember what bluelight is truely meant to be about, and that's being safe and protecting each other."

gannetsarewe: "Will they soon start to ask "Are you a member of EADD?" on insurance websites."

I'd love to give it a whirl for a third time, but absolutely not; I'm sure my application would be rejected. I have a career and life that I need to focus on very soon and will disappear into..

Best wishes to those who apply. Think carefully about what you are getting yourself into <3

Perks include, but are not limited to:

A Modstick, used for spanking naughty EADDers amongst other things.
The Staff Nudie Thread.
An increased PM allowance.
Access to all the exclusive staff gossip. (a.k.a. staff forums)
An EADD mod welcome hamper.

Does anyone else not see the irony of "wielding a stick" against a bunch of illegal drug users? Moderators don't need to be cops, they simply need to be janitors. There only job is to clean up spam and redirect lost posters. The rest of the community should be the ones setting the tone and directing debate. If you think some one is being picked on, step and and argue for them. If you don't like the naughty word someone types stand up for your own beliefs rather than running to mummy. Censorship is the sign of weak leadership. If a couple of names directed towards you on an anonymous message board are too much for you, heaven help you in the real world.

It's telling that one of the perks mentioned is the ability to view the staff gossip. It's embarrassing reading threads of staff bitching and moaning about disruptive members behind closed doors, yet acting two faced and righteous in the public arena. Having a larger PM inbox is only good for filling up with back stabbing and drama from the sisterhood of the travelling skirt club.

It's great being able to unapprove ain't it...

I miss it x

HAHAHA The stick of justice.

I actually very much like the Idea of Sprout stepping up. He's an amazing person.

For anyone asking, last I heard he's doing okay but I'll double check. xx

I'd put Erikman and Curious in the frame as wild cards.

steewith2ees is your man/

Last edited:
Wow, thank you, guys, it's a very rare occasion that I'm lost for words (I know; shocking! ;) ) but this is one of those occasions. <3

I guess I'd better get to writing an application! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.