• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

⭐️ Social ⭐️ Favourite drug at the moment.

Could be craving increase due to the sub. How much are you on now? Could slow it down a bit if you think you're gonna lapse, although. Could be worth talking to your sub doc. If you're on a super low dose they might prescribe something for comfort for a little while.
I'm down to about .5mg/day. I really don't feel I'm in a spot that I'd relapse. I'd be more worried if heroin were still readily available or if pills were cheap and could be trusted. I really don't see myself risking it so long as the fentanyl epidemic is going on. Also don't have any local connects so I'd have to put a lot of time and effort into even locating it. The increase in cravings suck but I feel like I'm at a decent point in life

Pregabs are nice but I find tolerance and withdrawal to be heinous.

Pregabs are one thing I've always kept to a minimum, I only take 150mg, which is my sweet spot, maybe twice a week. I've ran out of nitrazepam now, and i'm not sure if I'll get any more for a while, but over the last several weeks I've really enjoyed a bit of pregab and half a nitraz (and a drop of whisky) to take the edge off a modafinil comedown, in a pleasantly heavy way.

I'm trying a temazepam in the mix tonight instead of nitraz, and I'm going easy on the whisky for the moment, as the first temazpeam I tried a few weeks ago just put my lights out very quickly, and I'd like to see if I can get a bit more mileage out of it this time....

Last edited:
for me its pregabalin right now, but mostly because im horribly addicted.
yea the tolerance is a fucker, im often up to 2000mg a day now. i know thats high and i need to taper down or at least have tolerance breaks
i also like to chuck a bit of nitraz into the mix

Most benzos seem to have a very hard job making any headroad into modafinil / a modafinil comedown. I think most of them just have completely opposing modes of action, and the modafinil seems to be stronger. I have previously chomped and my way through several etizolams in this situation to no avail.

I found last night that even Temazepam with pregabalin struggled to make itself obviously and strongly felt against Modafinil. I'm feeling it this morning though. The Modaf wore off in the small hours, and the Temaz plus pregabs has made it difficult to wake up and get out of bed this morning.

Temazepam is listed as one of the US military's 3 no go pills - ( Hypnotic medications taken to ensure adequate rest in preparation for upcoming tasks. And Modafinil and amphetamine are listed as their Go pills. In contrast to the sleeping agents, a go pill refers to a wakefulness-promoting agent used for fatigue management, especially in a military combat-readiness context; this is contrasted with a no-go pill, which is used to promote sleep in support of combat operations.)

It doesn't seem that Temazepam does great with Modafinil though. I need to work out how long it takes to kick in etc. The only benzo I've found so far that works well in the modafinil comedown situation is Nitraz (a low dose of 5mg, plus 150mg pregabs, plus whisky to suit, makes a very nice comedown combo)

Last edited:
I seem to have found a way to stop Modvigil Modafinil being a bit hit and miss. I first wait an hour or so after getting up before taking it, it just seems to work better for me that way as I seem to be kind of like a lizard in that I'm a bit slow to warm up/wake up in the mornings. So allowing that bit more time helps the Modafinil work more inline with my own biological rhythms.

Secondly, I just let the coating of the pill dissolve in my mouth for a second, then remove the pill, make sure I can taste that very familiar and distinctive Modvigil / Modafinil taste and then the 2nd time I place the pill in my mouth I down it with a swig of water.

I don't know if removing the coating kind of primes the pills to digest better, or if doing the taste test first proves that each one is good, but since doing this I've not had any further issues with any of the pills just passing through, seemingly without any effect other than making my piss smell of Modafinil. Maybe it's just a placebo thing but w/e the case I've not had any Modafinils fail on me since doing this.

It is becoming too regular though and I do need to stick to my planned days off when I've planned not to take any, but still ended up taking some. It's kind of hard not to when it's just there waiting for me at arms length away. But I need to do it for many reasons. One of the main ones being that I'll never be able to stop taking benzos if I'm also taking Modafinil. Just the residual stimulation and wiredness of the comedown will make sleep impossible if I'm having benzo rebound insomnia anyway. It should make things easier if I at least take modafinil out of the mix, and just take things one day at a time.

Last edited:
I seem to have found a way to stop Modvigil Modafinil being a bit hit and miss. I first wait an hour or so after getting up before taking it, it just seems to work better for me that way as I seem to be kind of like a lizard in that I'm a bit slow to warm up/wake up in the mornings. So allowing that bit more time helps the Modafinil work more inline with my own biological rhythms.

Secondly, I just let the coating of the pill dissolve in my mouth for a second, then remove the pill, make sure I can taste that very familiar and distinctive Modvigil / Modafinil taste and then the 2nd time I place the pill in my mouth I down it with a swig of water.

I don't know if removing the coating kind of primes the pills to digest better, or if doing the taste test first proves that each one is good, but since doing this I've not had any further issues with any of the pills just passing through, seemingly without any effect other than making my piss smell of Modafinil. Maybe it's just a placebo thing but w/e the case I've not had any Modafinils fail on me since doing this.

It is becoming too regular though and I do need to stick to my planned days off when I've planned not to take any, but still ended up taking some. It's kind of hard not to when it's just there waiting for me at arms length away. But I need to do it for many reasons. One of the main ones being that I'll never be able to stop taking benzos if I'm also taking Modafinil. Just the residual stimulation and wiredness of the comedown will make sleep impossible if I'm having benzo rebound insomnia anyway. It should make things easier if I at least take modafinil out of the mix, and just take things one day at a time.

Have you tried combining Modafinil with caffeine (either in pill form or just as coffee) to see if the two stimulants synergise? What's your usual dose of Modafnil?

Have you tried combining Modafinil with caffeine (either in pill form or just as coffee) to see if the two stimulants synergise? What's your usual dose of Modafnil?
Yeah I've tried modafinil with coffee a couple of times, have you tried it?

One time it seemed to work really well, I felt like I was flying and lazered on, but then another time I just felt cracked out, wired, and over-stimulated IIRC.

Not sure what made the difference.

I've generally been taking 200mg in the morning, and then re-dosing another 150mg about 6 hours later and then doing another 100mg about 4 hours after that. That helps prevent an abrupt crash or slump as it wears off, and I also smooth the landing out further with pregabz (and nitraz when I had it, which was really nice.) Not sure what to use in place of the nitraz now, just pregabs was ok last time I tried this not so long ago.

I also tried half doses of modaf last time i tried it, so just 100mg doses spread out about 6 hours apart, and that worked ok too. Obviously it wasn't as powerful but it was enough.

I really do need to be looking to cut down/reduce/take breaks with everything as a first step, as it's possible that if my ADHD screening forms get accepted, and I go on to be diagnosed, it's possible that if my substance use hasn't been brought under control by that time, then they could decline to prescribe me anything, due to being seen as high risk for prescribing ADHD meds, and also the possibility of there being dangerous interactions.

I would be so mad with myself if I fucked up my chance of treatment by not having a decent period of abstinence under my belt by the time that came around. Having looked into it and asked around that is what I'm hearing is likely to happen if I haven't sorted things out. I could just lie to the psychiatrist even if I haven't managed to quit, but that would just be dangerous and reckless I think, and would probably just be a disastrously bad move in general.

I just need to bite the bullet I think and get on with it, just trying to psych myself up to getting into the right frame of mind, but I cant take too long about it.

Sorry for going on so much, you didnt ask for all that info dump lol.

wow @Bleaney that's quite high dose modafinil.

I find I get a good 7 hours stimulation (and a couple more residual) on around 70mg!

Also mate if a small amount of time in your mouth is taking the film off, than it will also be off very quickly of you swallow it too - so can't it making any difference - but who knows?

@ageingpartyfiend I think there is quite a large variation in peoples response or sensitivity to Modafinil and their rate of metabolism.. I think the recommended dose is from 100mg up to 200mg twice per day, maximum, so yeah I have been going slightly over that.

Some brands may feel stronger than others too. I've been using Provigil and they feel a lot smoother and less harsh than Modalert. The dose should be the same but they don't quite feel the same. There's also tolerance of course, as I have been using it a few times a week for a couple of months or so.

With the coating, I just find it better to get that taste before downing the pill, so that I know it tastes as it should. I agree that it probably doesn't make any difference to digestion now that you've said that.

@ageingpartyfiend I think there is quite a large variation in peoples response or sensitivity to Modafinil and their rate of metabolism.. I think the recommended dose is from 100mg up to 200mg twice per day, maximum, so yeah I have been going slightly over that.

Some brands may feel stronger than others too. I've been using Provigil and they feel a lot smoother and less harsh than Modalert. The dose should be the same but they don't quite feel the same. There's also tolerance of course, as I have been using it a few times a week for a couple of months or so.

With the coating, I just find it better to get that taste before downing the pill, so that I know it tastes as it should. I agree that it probably doesn't make any difference to digestion now that you've said that.
yeah, I have zero tolerance so there's thats - also some kind of reverse tolerance too maybe after having been a stimulant abuser previously, dunno. Or, I'm just a plain ol' lightweight!

I tried Modafinil with caffeine pills but didn't notice a difference tbh. I thought 200mg was a standard dose as that's what the pills come as, at least the brand I got.

Also planning to try Phenibut

wow @Bleaney that's quite high dose modafinil.

I find I get a good 7 hours stimulation (and a couple more residual) on around 70mg!

Also mate if a small amount of time in your mouth is taking the film off, than it will also be off very quickly of you swallow it too - so can't it making any difference - but who knows?

As an expereinced stim user, do you really find Modafinil that good?

Yeah I've tried modafinil with coffee a couple of times, have you tried it?

One time it seemed to work really well, I felt like I was flying and lazered on, but then another time I just felt cracked out, wired, and over-stimulated IIRC.

Not sure what made the difference.

I've generally been taking 200mg in the morning, and then re-dosing another 150mg about 6 hours later and then doing another 100mg about 4 hours after that. That helps prevent an abrupt crash or slump as it wears off, and I also smooth the landing out further with pregabz (and nitraz when I had it, which was really nice.) Not sure what to use in place of the nitraz now, just pregabs was ok last time I tried this not so long ago.

I also tried half doses of modaf last time i tried it, so just 100mg doses spread out about 6 hours apart, and that worked ok too. Obviously it wasn't as powerful but it was enough.

I really do need to be looking to cut down/reduce/take breaks with everything as a first step, as it's possible that if my ADHD screening forms get accepted, and I go on to be diagnosed, it's possible that if my substance use hasn't been brought under control by that time, then they could decline to prescribe me anything, due to being seen as high risk for prescribing ADHD meds, and also the possibility of there being dangerous interactions.

I would be so mad with myself if I fucked up my chance of treatment by not having a decent period of abstinence under my belt by the time that came around. Having looked into it and asked around that is what I'm hearing is likely to happen if I haven't sorted things out. I could just lie to the psychiatrist even if I haven't managed to quit, but that would just be dangerous and reckless I think, and would probably just be a disastrously bad move in general.

I just need to bite the bullet I think and get on with it, just trying to psych myself up to getting into the right frame of mind, but I cant take too long about it.

Sorry for going on so much, you didnt ask for all that info dump lol.

well obviously it's generally not a good idea to lie to a doctor, but if they don't know you have a history of substance dependence, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bring it up because it could well discourage them prescribing medications that are potentially habit-forming even if they would do you good.