• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ketamine advice

Indeed. It's a bit of an all or nothing thing with me - low doses can be more irritating than enjoyable, although they have their place too :).

If I were you I'd leave it till the weekend or something, Urb, and give the hole a shot - it really is a uniquely wonderful experience. A low dose doesn't really give you much of an idea of it, but as you said you don't enjoy the numbness and sedation then maybe it's just not your thing - higher doses really are much more fun though :).

And I would heartily recommend your plan to go for acid to achieve these "trippy effects" you are looking for. Ket's not really psychedelic as such, it's really much odder than that... but in a good way. Acid is very different and stimulation and giggling is the order of the day rather than sedation and wobbling.

Happy hunting :).

7zark7 said:
What the hell are K pains supposed to be? I have heard the term used by Americans and Canadians but not over here.

Regarding the kidney, stomach, bladder problems - I am not sure about this. I know people that have used K for years without any such problems, but have heard of one or two people (friend of a friend of a friend) that have and urinary infections after only using it for a short while. Plus, didn't John Lilly use Ketamine daily for a year and suffered no such issues?

Well, i'm no doctor, and my chemistry knowledge is shocking, compared to some of the braniacs on here, however... I do have my own views about K, based largely on here say and inclinations.

I do think it's ketamine itself which is physically damaging, not anything in it, however I totally agree with Evad that it's a "largely" safe drug, and that these health problems manifest when people do a fucking LOT. This catheter bloke was doing like 5g a day at times, for over a year or two I think. At those kind of doses, it's fucking naive to expect no problems to be occurring. I don't know much about John Lilly, but tbh, he just seemed like a fascinated k-explorer (K-head tbh) who also happened to be a scientist and come up with rather fascinating theories about dolphins, drugs, intelligence and what not. I guess i'm a bit cynical about all the psychedelic pioneer types; largely they believed what they wanted to believe.

I'm pretty sure the guy was shooting K IM anyway, and maybe that makes a difference; when I do K I spit the drip, and lots of people I know do the same, cos you can actually feel the difference when you let it drip down into your stomach. To be honest I really dunno about the health effects; damage to the kidneys, stomach, bladder, gall bladder etc seems remarkably linked to just be coincidental, but occasional K shenanigans aren't too big a deal I don't think. K pains are largely from regular use of K; horrible, painful, crippling cramps in the stomach/kidney area.... kinda "roll on the floor" pain i've heard. I've definitely heard them referred to more on UK message-boards, cos of how popular K is here, compared to say the States, where few are doing it in large amounts on a regular basis. In fact, i've had Americans basically rubbish the whole "k damage" stuff, and they refuse to believe stuff like people doing 6g of K on a daily basis. Whatever tbh, too much "Dreams and Realities" and not enough engaging noggin... :|

That sicky grogginess is what I find I get when I do a fair bit of K without other droogz... bumps, or just going straight for the K-hole makes a bit more sense to me. Bumps of K are pure energetic, wonky joy when you're battered on other things... :D

ramble ramble ramble.

yeah 250mgs over 5 hours is the worst way to do it in my experience, no real psychedelic insanity but you still end up pretty anesthetised (cold clammy hands and groggy as fuck). Don't write it off before you've been in the hole it's a completely different experience :)

fixingahole said:
Sorry if i gave you bad advice. :( Most people I know get the "groggy, woozy feeling" you described when they do k at low doses when sober.

I have had that feeling but only with certain brands. (ie: The Crap Ket :) ). The good stuff doesn't give the groggy feeling at all.

Riklet said:
ramble ramble ramble.

:) Good post and I agree that it is too much of a coincidence about the kidney problems etc.. I just think that there is something else going on because these reports have only recently come out and K has been (ab)used recreationally for years now. Having said that, whacking 5g of any salt in to your body on a daily basis isn't going to do you any favours! :)

7zark7 said:
Having said that, whacking 5g of any salt in to your body on a daily basis isn't going to do you any favours! :)

Except coke. 5g's of coke a day will make you into a true playa. ;)

Although you might end up with holes in your nostril.....;)

The Kid said:
Except coke. 5g's of coke a day will make you into a true playa. ;)

comiccocaine1.png

7zark7 said:
I have had that feeling but only with certain brands. (ie: The Crap Ket :) ). The good stuff doesn't give the groggy feeling at all.
I never get groggy on low doses so now I'm going to think it's purely because I only get top notch ket lol.

I had ket for my first proper time, this morning. I was on speed and pissed. It was very nice. I described the effects as 'wonky', and I was coming out with some very strange, but very funny stuff. Listening to other people, and what they say on ket left me in hysterics. I probably had 4-5 20-30mg bumps over a few hours. Can't wait to do it again.

If you're into nin, ghosts I-V, my partner and i both agree is the perfect album for k. We both did it at different times, me first and he didn't agree until he experienced it himself. It wears off after about 45 min so if you do it before going out keep that in mind. Also having small bumps of k while out can be fun, floating around a club but imo don't over indulge, i can imagine it being a bit scary k holing or even coming close to, in a club. Personally i prefer it for after a night out, it's a great come down drug as i often am filled with a sense of well being after having a k trip. Then again everyone experiences are different :)

^ K is meant to be a mood stabiliser isn't it? There was a thread about it floating around on BL somewhere.

Trying ket for the first time on monday. Using it as a kind of "ante-room" to the acid trip I'll be having monday night. First time on both, or any psychedelic for that matter. Wish me luck!

I wouldn't do both at the same time though. One at a time especially for your first experience makes sense.

Ket + acid will be confusing, bizzare, surreal and possibly bad.

TheSpade said:
I wouldn't do both at the same time though. One at a time especially for your first experience makes sense.

Ket + acid will be confusing, bizzare, surreal and possibly bad.

QFT! certainly dont have ket on your first acid trip or acid with your first ket i imagine it could get very dark. just because you can get new drugs doesnt mean you have to do them all at once haha

oh I know! I am definitely not going to mix them.
I cannot stand trying a new drug for the first time when I'm not sober. I wasted my first weed smoking experience while drunk and my first coke experience while stoned.
Besides, I wouldn't like the idea of mixing two hallucinogens together, especially as I haven't even tried that group of drugs before, let alone those specific ones.

trancegirle said:
If you're into nin, ghosts I-V, my partner and i both agree is the perfect album for k. We both did it at different times, me first and he didn't agree until he experienced it himself. It wears off after about 45 min so if you do it before going out keep that in mind. Also having small bumps of k while out can be fun, floating around a club but imo don't over indulge, i can imagine it being a bit scary k holing or even coming close to, in a club. Personally i prefer it for after a night out, it's a great come down drug as i often am filled with a sense of well being after having a k trip. Then again everyone experiences are different :)

i couldn't agree more :D

Like evad said, 250mg over 5 hours seems a bit silly to me.

Go for the nice line that'll send you into a hole, it's such a....different experience for lack of a better word

fixingahole said:
I always thought this was a good combo? I've only done small amounts of k with acid and they mixed really well.... is k-holing not very pleasant then evad?

nono i also think it's an excellent combo just could be extremely unpleasant for someone completely inexperienced with psychs :)

eclipsedesign said:
Like evad said, 250mg over 5 hours seems a bit silly to me.

Go for the nice line that'll send you into a hole, it's such a....different experience for lack of a better word

and how big is this said line for someone of average tolerance?

That's where I hit a stumbling block.
I guage lines from experience usually :/ can't be too much help there.

Evad said:
QFT! certainly dont have ket on your first acid trip or acid with your first ket i imagine it could get very dark.

Indeed. :|

It can be out of this world, or it can be a complete nightmare. Ket is always such a gamble with me, as it often takes me to a dark place. :\

ket + tailish end of an acid trip has been so indescribably amazing every time.

Have yet to take it at the peak of an acid trip for fear of loosing the clarity of the acid to the ketty numbness but will maybe try one day :)