• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Computing Linux, BSD, Qubes; and Other Alternative Systems - What Distro Is on Your Windows?

Hated it as well, shady.
Precursor to the w 10 virus, imo.

ptah you're auxiliary man but sometimes you don't think twice. 8.1 currently what I use, from a stuck to 7 mentality because fuck me, if not i dunno what i find even now with 8.1 beautiful about my old friend, "playin wiz khalifa see u again sounds" ahaha but 8.1 is currently the fastest OS microsoft ever made, from what uses not an intersection between task manager/explorer.exe but a path that goes all in kernel, what all other of their products don't have, and the kernel in 8.1 is so compressed is below 0.1KB hence my 1TB ssd boot in 4sec, and that's only start. RAM usage, swapfile. Microsoft, probably gave their life when they remastered the whole "DOS" segment.

Thank you for 8.1, both Pro/Enterprise

last i wanted to mention the fact that modern UI of 8.1, use less than 70MB of VRAM opposed to 128MB Aero of 7 and even 10 with their own unique take of aero that goes up to well 200MB, I saw people using Linux Mint laptops and shit, they might wanna make cross the bridge below not above.

i dont wanna hear linux i so dislike the fact that people are clueless and think their PC works because they can either launch their game or listen to music, linux doesn't have drivers. Yes, there's linux drivers and that's for GPU's but your motherboard needs another alternative to HPET and linux doesn't have a governor response time! so if you ever have a power surge or any audio pops, that's because of that.

ptah you're auxiliary man but sometimes you don't think twice.
Tech is all the same imo shady. its all or nothing.
Any real reason to "upgrade"?
Meta gets what they want but to be perfectly honest XP is my first choice of OS. lol
My w7 boots to working desktop in 15 sec and can be online... what else but speed is there for me as I am not one to wait minutes to for anything... too old and impatient.
:cool:
I feel ya, though. Win 8 and 8.1 is pretty but too uncontrolable, ime.

for me fuck all of them, I still use 7 Ultimate on my main computer. 8.1 I have it for my business computer, has features that 7 doesn't and that include the fact that if you rarely use a computer one of reasons 8.1 is the one who doesn't look over shoulder, 7 kernel tends to get bigger over time and reach a limit of 20mb that's a lot for a OS, to think 8.1 has 0.10KB kernel/10 has 2.70MB and can reach to 10mb but you get the cancer of never ending updates whom you cannot cancel even if you pro the reg keys/services/schedules and no diff for a power-user.

what's untrusted, the UEFI or the secure boot file? if it's the latter, it probably just means you initialized the keys yourself so they're being labeled as untrusted because you're not someone the vendor has certified. UEFI/BIOS stuff is always confusing because different vendors use different descriptions for their own implementations of common concepts.

Some of the keys are untrusted and I think my secureboot turned off (maybe it was me, sure it switched off though.

Cheers btw,

@thujone my man, I'm gonna PM you some screenshots, I'm sure you'll understand. Could have done discord & would have been easier, but we're not allowed a tech channel, for now.

tech enthusiast, what browsers y'all gonna use? Chrome wants to electrify the water with manifest v3, I am back on Mozilla, since 97 wasn't usable nor that is now and never actually cared enough to find a shortcut to disable updates.

I kinda did my DIY 94 firefox version with disable DRM/Enhanced track bla on youtube. All this with all essential bundles, including k-lite and i randomly installed the java runtime because quantum engine. Last time I saw java setup was a cold 2008, fuck.

even then works slowly, on bluelight here for e.g it shows what a generic fresh register account looks like when you reload the page but then if you do have a custom avatar, it shows up, at least for now who knows with all this NWO taking even more subtle forms on "sugar-free" fresh out of box nutella released bundle pack.

I have no PC so I’m a complex mix of android and iOS combined with some command line Linux now

I’m a space commander yo. It’s a space because I can barely bash. I can crank one out though.