European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Mephedrone Megathread - Second Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would possibly cause joints etc to go blue? How would this occur, anyone with any knowledge?

I'd go to the docs ZeuZzZ and see what's wrong with them if you haven't already.

What would possibly cause joints etc to go blue? How would this occur, anyone with any knowledge?

I'd go to the docs ZeuZzZ and see what's wrong with them if you haven't already.

Yes i did go to the doc, they were very unhelpful and said I should quit smoking, stop doing drugs to improve my circulation, and stop being such a naughty naughty boy. Gave me a slapped bottom and told me to stop whining. Even the second opinion was much the same. I dont think they know what to suggest when they type in mephedrone into their computer and it says "No such drug" so they just ignore you.

People have said it could be an auto-immune responce focussed around the joints aswell as vascoconstriction. So maybe why it was so concentrated there.

I'll post a couple of pics and more info in a minute.

Is there an advanced drug discussion thread on meph I could post the pics and descriptions of the symptoms too? Scanned that forum quickly but couldn't find it.

I'll post a couple of pics and more info in a minute.

Thank you.

Is there an advanced drug discussion thread on meph I could post the pics and descriptions of the symptoms too? Scanned that forum quickly but couldn't find it.

How toxic is mephedrone?

I'm sure they will appreciate some real information. So far all the stories about blue knees that i've heard have just been stories - i've not seen any pictures or details.

If at all possible would you be able to take a picture of an affected joint and upload it to the internet somewhere? It might benefit other people thinking about abusing the stuff.

This is roughly what it looked like on the night (left pic) but darker purple and more widespread, symptoms very similar to dermatomyositis:

Dermatomyositis.jpg

And I made a mistake too, oddly my feet were actually fine. It seemed just the knees, elbows, hands and knuckles. Along with a splitting headache, a red rash on my chest, nearly blacking out, and friends phoning an ambulance.

My knees and joints are better now. Some days they are actually completely fine, but they still go purple if I use certain stims. Which never happened before. So fuck knows. I'm just lucky to still be here. And ashamed at what a tit I was. But i'd rather share what I know than pretend it never happened in shame.

I was hoping you could take a picture of one of your own knees. Do you have a digital camera?

Edit - ignore me - just spotted u said they were fine now. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I was hoping you could take a picture of one of your own knees. Do you have a digital camera?

they're actually a little purple today by chance (very tempremental still) so, again, wait a min and I will upload one....

My limbs (knuckles, elbows, feet, knees) have been oddly purple/blue for six months after doing seven grams in a week. They're not getting better, but vary from day to day. Sometimes they are ok, sometimes they look absolutely fucked and people stare at me as if I've got some sort of disease. This changed my view on meph forever. I had been sold it and introduced to it by a guy who said "yer m8, itz fukin bwilliant shit, u can dwo it awl week and nuffin bad will happen, no cumdawn or nefing" (it was actually worse english than that, but you get the message). So thats what I did.

Now, many months later, this drug scares the shit out of me. People that do more than 200-300mg's a night, and more than once every month are nutters in my opinion. As a rule of thumb I'd say treat it like MDMA until some clinical studies are done. Monthly at the most, and not more than 300mg. But then again, theres always some tits (like I was before, which I fully admit), and soon a couple of the tits will die and get it banned for good.

It is like MDMA to an extent, but effects the cardiovascular system a heck of a lot more, and in a completely unknown way. My resting pulse when I used to do it was not uncommonly 140BPM, which is ridiculously high for any stimulant.

Are you saying you got those effects from that one binge, or did you take meph at other times?

heres todays random color! Not as bad as some days, but still noticeable.

2mnltnm.jpg

10cmfic.jpg

So just be careful peeps. I would love to see some competant doctors for their verdicts and get a proper full check up. Will be posting some of this in the advanced drug discussion on meph in a bit to see what they make of it all.

Are you saying you got those effects from that one binge, or did you take meph at other times?

I had used it ocassionally before on and off, and had no side effects then, about 2g probs in total. Then about a month later engaged in my fiendish foolishness.

Haven't touched it in six months since then....

....But I did re-try 50mg of it snorted three days ago to see if brought the color back. It did, as soon as my pulse increased. And then it started to get out of hand again, I decided to do another one, and then another, so I flushed the rest, and this has ended for good by brief but lethal love affair with this oddball chemical.

Last edited:
Looks like a cardiovascular type of thing (faulty circulation). I'm not going to go on about it, but I just didn't like the look of the molecule and what it's subsequent metabolism would be

when some1 is posting saying my chest hurts my knees are blue, im close to the edge, the last line gave me anxiety so i had a bigger one, they don't need people on here saying "thats silly" they need a fucking slap round the head. link_s obviously knew what he was doing there wasn't good for him. its not like some1 on here would have said "here mate, thats no a good idea" & he would have replied "you know what, you're right. i thought it was a really clever idea but seeing as you've said its not then ill put it away now & get some sleep"
^ umm... that is exactly what happened mate.

^ umm... that is exactly what happened mate.

lol, was it? shows how much attention i've really been paying. also shows that i shouldnt really go on bluelight before i've smoked a joint. i end up getting annoyed too easily.

Hornets-nest poking follows but I hope it's worthwhile speculation and I don't want to sound like I'm playing down any danger :

Is it totally beyond the pale to suggest that there may be some element of stimulant psychosis or straightforward anxiety at play here in somecases?

Could reading this and other forums then dosing a chemical you know is not researched or studied, with the thought of potential long term heart problems, blue knees or vasoconstriction in the back of your mind, then checking your pulse frequently and looking at your knees while you binge on a gram or more into the next day or longer mean readers of this and other forums could be predisposed towards a common delusion?

Is it realistic to suggest that a lot of people posting about mephedrone here and problems it's causing them are generally stimulant naive (I certainly was) and perhaps pretty drug naive in general and only doing it because it's legal and easy to aquire?

I only posted this because my first ever panic attack, and a stimulant induced one at that, was totally centered around these cardiovascular/vasoconstriction issues, producing convincing "symptoms" and you know maybe if it wasn't that I would have been raving about bugs under my skin instead.

Just a thought anyway.

It's certainly possible to have a serious panic attack due to the kind of psychologicaly generated event you describe; someone taking any stimulant with even a slight tendancy to produce panic combined with being convinced that it will happen could make things much worse.

However, the blue knees bit and skin discolouration sounds too much like an actual physical / chemical effect rather than psychology to me. We've got pics to show it's not imagined (thanks ZeuZzZ), and if you could cause such lasting discolouration to your skin just by thinking it (worrying about it) you'd be approaching the very best buddhist meditators who can slow their hearts down to almost nothing etc.

I would suggest people assume it's real until we have real evidence it's not - er on the side of caution on this one.

Have you read the whole thread? There are people taking 10 grams or worse over the course of a whole week of near continuous dosing without sleep or rest ending up with blue extremities and aching chests / hearts. It's not the people taking about a gram in one evening that we are criticizing here.

There's no agruing that 10g in a week is sheer stupidity. But that sort of quantity over a week of anything is sheer stupidity. These people are stupid.

what I was talking about was admonishing people for enjoying, safely, a freely available substance. And if they feel safe, with no significant side effect then so be it.

The caviat of potential long term issues is taken as read when it comes to RCs.

But agreed, people taking that much are rediculous, but if it wasn't mephedrone it would probably be glue or something. Greater issues there, methinks.

what I was talking about was admonishing people for enjoying, safely, a freely available substance. And if they feel safe, with no significant side effect then so be it.

I'm not going to criticise anyone for taking moderate doses of mephedrone and i haven't spotted anyone else doing so in the thread.

This is a new substance, it is possible it will turn out to have serious negative side effects, even at lower doses, that might not be obvious until years down the line. I don't consider it that likely at lower doses but that's just my feeling - no one can tell you it is safe for sure and no one should be taking this drug convinced that it will do no harm.

The caviat of potential long term issues is taken as read when it comes to RCs.

Only if you've read it. Lots of people haven't. This is a harm reduction message board so i'm not going to apologise for writing it down here.

i also hope you're alright link. that shit sounded bad

Yeah i'm much better thanks :), discolourings faded and feel pretty much fine now but i'm staying away from meph for the time being. I still think its batch/impurity related too as none of the 'crystally batches' gaves me this side effect even when cained in big quantities

And i saw someone saying its not that addictive or moreish. Bullshit, never before with a substance have i been fully aware that i was fucked up and kept doing it (bar valium but that was more mentally fucked up, not blue knees and an aching chest ect), its just the way that you don't come down and even on the day 2 or 3 of a binge you still get nice euphoria from a fat line. Wouldnt happen with MD if you abused it in the same way.. Course it will be different for different people but i'm not normally that stupid, i just kind of needed to see it told to me how stupid it was so i couldnt make anymore excuses to myself and just throw the rest of the bag away

Status
Not open for further replies.