Mephedrone survey

this survey closed yesterday - any idea when we can see the results and conclusion? :)

See http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=569725

A web-based survey on mephedrone.
Carhart-Harris RL, King LA, Nutt DJ.
Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011 Mar 17. [Epub ahead of print]

Abstract

BACKGROUND:
This study sought to collect information on the former legal-high 'mephedrone' using a web-based survey targeted at mephedrone users.

METHODS:
The survey was advertised on websites frequented by drug users. Individuals were invited to complete the survey if they had taken mephedrone on at least one occasion in the past.

RESULTS:
One thousand and six completed forms were received from declared users, making this the largest survey on mephedrone to date.

CONCLUSION:
Results showed that mephedrone users consider its effects to compare best with those of MDMA, and while MDMA was considered marginally safer and its effects more pleasurable, mephedrone's appeal lay in its availability, low price and reliable purity.

From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21420252

Really good survey, questions and answers all astonishingly relevant and not at all patronizing. Thumbs up.

Second the comment about the multiple choice 1st/2nd/3rd answers, although for the potential benefits question I put about 5 drugs as 13th and ended up writing an extensive diatribe in the comments box..
+1

Completed.

^Thank you for helping and giving your time for the survey. However, when it says "Writing Up" or "Published" I don't think they are generally taking more survey input (they may, if the study goes on past publication, but as a general rule I think that if a study goes on they launch a new one).

With that said, ISCD has contacted us about advertising another study - expect one shortly :)

Laate

Damn wish i coulda been a part of this survey. I have a lot of experience w/ drugs particularily mephedrone. Fuck, im on that shit right now!!!:X

@SpaceJesus3000 Don't worry, I'm sure there will be other surveys about mephedrone and other drugs that you will be able to participate in - watch this space!

hey all, I am in the process of developing a survey based on this one but to explore the use of existing legal highs and perceptions and motivations for using them, will post a new thread once I have got past the ethics process and set up the questionnaire!