Mephedrone survey

p.s. feel free to send to friends - spread it around etc

Whats the other forum?

The survey was useful, but the questions didn't have enough "never tried it" responses.

The last governments knee jerk reaction to classifying substances and making criminals out of people for taking something to chill out, in comparison to their complete adoration of alcohol was sickening. So glad they're out, but we've still got to listen to that **** Harman until labour get a new user friendly housewives favourite leader.

p.s. feel free to send to friends - spread it around etc

Can you confirm whether we should encourage international visitors to complete the survey or are you more interested in UK participants?

PS. Congrats on creating a survey that people actually like! It's not that hard is it, but it seems to be unusual for researchers to actually understand the importance of creating an experience that the respondent feels good about :)

PS. Congrats on creating a survey that people actually like! It's not that hard is it, but it seems to be unusual for researchers to actually understand the importance of creating an experience that the respondent feels good about :)

I agree that it's brilliant that the ISCD have taken this sort of approach in contacting drug users. Not sure if it has a precedent, but it's certainly an encouraging development in bridging the communication gap between the two groups.

Regarding other surveys, I have often found that they are set out in such a way that the 'conclusion' has already been decided and the questions are 'weighted' to lead you in that direction.

I agree that it's brilliant that the ISCD have taken this sort of approach in contacting drug users. Not sure if it has a precedent, but it's certainly an encouraging development in bridging the communication gap between the two groups.

It's definitely encouraging. It's also a sign to other researchers that drug users actually care about where the funds come from and what motivates the research. It's not just a side issue: it's a critical issue. It's perhaps a more critical issue now that information about research institutes and organisations is so easily available. Most of us research these organisations to understand their history of action and other projects, to determine whether such organisations can be trusted.

Having Professor Nutt on board gives a strong positive cue as to how the research will be presented. That man impresses me no end! We need a few more of him :)

Can you confirm whether we should encourage international visitors to complete the survey or are you more interested in UK participants?

Hi Tronica,

Yes, I'd be happy for international visitors to complete the survey as well.

Thanks

I forgot to add here that I took the survey. It was good :)
There were probably a few (negative, critical) things that I'd have had to say about it if I'd have typed here straight after taking it, but I cannot remember them now so you get off lightly =D
I'm glad Blue Light was able to be a part of this :)

If i am right d nutt was on a legal high programme on bbc 3 he was fair and said that mdma was safer than r-cs after extensive research over many years. Take move goverment. . Give these proffs time to research before banning stuff. . . .legalise mdma to . . . Worth a try. . . . I think hes that bloke any way. Will do survey though

It was a decent survey. I just wish they put a little bit more attention to what the positive effects are that cause people to enjoy using it.

enjoyable... i hope that it makes some sort of a difference...
Happy to help with anything to do with Proffesor Nutt

Noticed a minor typo on the last question.

It says - 'users' posts on drug use-related web forums like 'bluelight.nu''

Its bluelight.ru :D