*Review* Saturday November 15 Dayton, OH *DEUCES WILD*

fuck that.... viynl is where its at.... if a dj uses more cd's then vinyl then he isnt a dj, he is your mother on a stage with lazers and lights behind her... it's aceptable for a few tracks and sampling but thats bout it... cause i dont want to see your mom spin, unless she throws down then more power to ya

Yeah Yeah boiii!!! THis party was off tha heezy!!! Good to see the D-ton scene gettin back in the swing of things...

Soulslinger ripped... and it is good to see a dj that isn't so full of himself that he can act as a doorman for all tha fucked up kiddies that come to see him.... The sound fuckin up on my fav Sinister and then on Soulslinger sorta sucked, but other than that i have absolutly no complaints...

I did have pics of this party and one with Soulslinger that i would post but unfortunatly some asshole decided to rob my house while i was assed out asleep sun and they just happened to steal tha bag with my camera :X

Just one question though... What tha Hey happened to everybody after Soulslinger finished his set????? The party was bumpin i sat down for a min after soulslinger got off then everybody was gone... I guess we know who the true parti kids are 8( =D haha

Last edited:
DJ = DISK JOCKEY, not VINYL JOCKEY. and as i said im not saying fuck vinyl, im saying if u want to hear something new, u'll hear it quicker with cds.

ThcB-girl said:
it is to bad that soul slinger though sounded good is not using his dj-ing skills and uses
CD'S
and the only other dj I liked was I guess kitsonic if that is who was spinning down stairs when delta 9 was on.

this partie also had no theem
peace

it's too bad that you can not spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited:
djwhirlpool said:
it's too bad that you can not spell or use proper grammar.

OMGOMGOMGOMG! I like so totally was going to like say that exact same thing! Like, LMAO!!!!!! OMG, Zarah you are like so totally rock.

Sorry Z I had to say something about that girl, she's one of many in the MWE that are annoying me. In all seriousness, I really was going to comment on her grammar.

Come on people, use spell check. Do you really want to be the poster kids for uneducated retards?

Dvine_Jnglist_Soulja~ your asessment of the vinyl vs cd debate sounds like an illogical purist point of view.

"vinyl is where it's at because thats how shit started cd's are new wave bollocks..." and blah blah blah.

IMO if technology allows people to produce the crazy fucking sounds i heard saturday night i dont really care what its coming out of. you'll never see dj's totally abandon vinyl but if they choose to embrace technology, more power.

:::ATTENTION:::

KIDS, GET YOUR EDUMUKASHUN, DRUGS ARE GOOD, OR WAS IT BAD, yeah BAD! half kidding, u figure out which half.

Big up to the Airplane Clique and GPS for putting this together.

Nuff respect to all the heads who pressed up on the dancefloor and put your feet to work.

I enjoyed myself, and hope that I provided some extra spice to the sets I spat over. (ie. soul slinger and bad lt.)

Keep yuh head up and take it ez!

Until the next show..

Ez.

tNt

NOTE* LOL had to edit this as I noticed I wrote sinister and not soul slinger, and bias no airplane,my bad guys! hehe*

Last edited:
im happy everyone enjoyed themselves...we tried to do the best we could with what we had...problems here and there but we made do with corrections to our best...the important thing is that you came out and supported the scene and had a good time....

i was gonna put mass shouts...but who cares what i think right?...lol.....ill holla at you all on an individual scale...witchdocta though...thanks man...just thanks....hit me up when you can....much love to you all
gspeace

/stands on soapbox

for those of you all dissing on the cd tip......

YOU STILL HAVE TO BEATMATCH. you still have to control the pitch, get your phrasing on time, etcetc. it's just done digitally.

it's much easier for producers to put their music onto a disc and play it on a cd player at a party, sort of a "test run" if you will, to see if it will have the effect on the crowd that the artist wants. would you want to shell out hundreds of dollars or spend hundreds of your label's dollars to put out a vinyl the people won't like/buy? no........because then you would either be a) broke or b) getting fired from your label.

ideally every artist wants to think that every track they put out is going to be the shit. the reality is, not everything is. our scene is so oversaturated with SHIT music that an artist has to be careful of what they put out. it can make or break you these days.

so i welcome and USE cdj's.......to test out my own music and to hear what others are producing. everyone wants the midwest to be recognized for what we are doing in the music industry but not everyone wants to step up to the technology plate. don't get me wrong....VINYL is and always has been the industry standard, but whatever we as artists must do to get OUR music out there, to show we are on the come-up.........then i am all for it, even if it means playing 4 or 5 of my own tracks on a cdj because i can't afford the hundreds of dollars to press a white label that i don't even want to distribute anyway. (what am i going to do with 100 white labels of the same track?)

/steps down from soapbox

as for the party, i had a *GREAT* time.......was the first time in a long time i went out and partied till dawn. good music, good friends, good times. thanks for a great evening :) madd love to all i saw....you're all simply just to many to name and i know i would forget to put someone down anyway LOL. and thanks to everyone who caught my set at the afterhours......i was tired as all hell but it was cool to see that many people appreciate the shit i threw down. :)

i'm sorry i had to miss this party. and hell, this post doesn't even belong in this thread, but i can't keep my voice silenced on this cd/vinyl issue.
to trip turlington: right on man.
it takes skill to use cd's. a lot of artists even scratch on cds by using lasers.
so, it's 2003, new technology. i love vinyl. but get over it. cd's do not make a dj void of skill.

again.... uh, sorry about posting that shit in this thread. but yea. wish i could've been there.
peace.
~Pix

gspalien said:
im happy everyone enjoyed themselves...we tried to do the best we could with what we had...problems here and there but we made do with corrections to our best...the important thing is that you came out and supported the scene and had a good time....

i was gonna put mass shouts...but who cares what i think right?...lol.....ill holla at you all on an individual scale...witchdocta though...thanks man...just thanks....hit me up when you can....much love to you all
gspeace

No Problem Man!!! Your my boy!!

trancesetter21 said:
btw tommy...gimme some info on phrenzy in the basement:) he was pretty fuckin tight and i really liked his track selction!!!

someone please explain how this man slipped under my radar!

awwwwe =D thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had a great time playing.

^fuck yeah you were the only dj I thought was THE SHIT at this partie you brought the vibe to me. I just couldn't help danceing.

trip turlington said:
/stands on soapbox

for those of you all dissing on the cd tip......

YOU STILL HAVE TO BEATMATCH. you still have to control the pitch, get your phrasing on time, etcetc. it's just done digitally.

it's much easier for producers to put their music onto a disc and play it on a cd player at a party, sort of a "test run" if you will, to see if it will have the effect on the crowd that the artist wants. would you want to shell out hundreds of dollars or spend hundreds of your label's dollars to put out a vinyl the people won't like/buy? no........because then you would either be a) broke or b) getting fired from your label.

ideally every artist wants to think that every track they put out is going to be the shit. the reality is, not everything is. our scene is so oversaturated with SHIT music that an artist has to be careful of what they put out. it can make or break you these days.

so i welcome and USE cdj's.......to test out my own music and to hear what others are producing. everyone wants the midwest to be recognized for what we are doing in the music industry but not everyone wants to step up to the technology plate. don't get me wrong....VINYL is and always has been the industry standard, but whatever we as artists must do to get OUR music out there, to show we are on the come-up.........then i am all for it, even if it means playing 4 or 5 of my own tracks on a cdj because i can't afford the hundreds of dollars to press a white label that i don't even want to distribute anyway. (what am i going to do with 100 white labels of the same track?)

this is the kind of response I was looking for not "it to bad you can't spell because like I wanna be the bluelight spell checker"

personaly I could give a flying FUCK if I spell or say something grammatically correct or not.

it was cool that soul slinger wanted to let me hear his new shit but I paid and wanted to see hismixing ability on records.

I guess my old school views on going to see a dj to mix RECORDS is to much for your new school cd action.

shit I only dream of parties the way they used to be like summer fever tour in new orleans in 1997. but I suppose mr. spell checker and friend could never even imagine what a partie like that one could even be like.

Last edited:
hell there are a few guys out there that don't even use records anymore. I hear about guys like Satoshi Tomiie using just cd's, and others who use their laptop and a copy of traktor. To each his own I guess.