Sats @ ARC, NYC- November listings- Nov 29th Danny howells Bday with Remy!!!

I've never been to Arc on a NON-techno night.... my bad, I thought it was always like that.

better not sell out, im driving like 4+ hours to get there

cant wait till tomorrow! so whats the final count on the presence of BL there?

Im going with a bunch of my friends, and one BLer :) Ill be there anytime after 4ish & for free it doesnt get better than that lol. woo hoo...

Don't worry about buying tickets becasue this will not sell out.

Tiger and I are thinking about going to this, should be a nice time.

TLB you should bring Flower to the big bad city.

PS

We live in Tribeca, and only about 5 blocks away from ARC. PM me if you need any info aboutthe area or where to park.

I suck...well, my job sucks. They told me Friday I have to work today and so I won't make it (this pisses me off more than mere words can express). Have a good time for me...hell, get out of body at the show and come visit me at work.. :\

ME HAD LOTSA FUN! :) :-D ;o)

^ i think i got so out of body at that show that i left my mind there. damn it!!!

ok few things - first off i think ARC rox. Its real small and intimate, i met a shitload of cool people there!! Also ran into a few BLers - werd up Bachus and company!!! I must admit its in a rather shady location. I got there at 10:30 and couldnt figure out where it was. Even a tiny sign outside the door would have helped a confused out of towner. I had no problem with security - they barely even searched me. I could've walked in there with 2 sheets and a 100 pack of pills and got right past them. Only odd thing was the one bouncer kept walking into the chill room and looking at people like we were all on drugs or something. Was kinda lame that they let us in 45 mins late, but I had fun chatting with folks outside in the line. Bathrooms were clean, bathroom water was quite drinkable, sound system could have been (much) louder, and beverages were MAD EXPENSIVE - but this was countered by the groovy free fruit!!

Dunno who it was, but the dj that spun the first 3 hours was rockin untill his last hour. He mixed in "Seek and Destroy" by metallica which prompted me to shout all the vocals along with the music. Then a hardcore track was sweet, but too short - after that it seemed like it was the same damn goa track spun over and over again for about 50 mins. Then it seemed like Avi and Lior were just fooling around for an hour just throwing on various psy mixes, which had me very worried that they werent gonna play their own stuff.

As for AP:
I must say, im HIGHLY dissapointed in their performance. The brotha on the mixer seemed really fucked up, and at one point accidentally cut off the sound during the very beginning of people can fly. I also diddnt liek the fact that they had the same damned 6 songs they always intro a set too - 5 songs from Amen with People Can Fly mixed in there someplace. I mean I love the album but its really minimal and only serves the purpose of bulding the climax to their set. Amen is a weak album, and i think they should only mix in those songs if they are gonna do a three - four hour set, NOT 2 hours. Their closing was quite weak, and honestly the only good tracks they spun were Kabalah and Mahadeva. Their performance last year totally blew this year away. Im glad this wasnt my first impression. They were good overall simply because they are astral and their music rocks. I got to shake hands with Avi and chat a few words with him afterwards which was cool.

The last dj was ok except each track he spun had almost the exact same bassline, which made it hard to dance cuz thats all I could think about.

The vibe was real cool tho, and i liked the UV decor. It got a little overpacked at points, and made it hard to dance. All in all it was a kickass night. Then I walked about 5,000 blocks to my car and drove home.

I HAVENT SLEPT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^right on dude
that is the way to party. im waiting for a kickass psytrance event before i go down to nyc again. i'll let you know when i go... may be a few months, but i'll find something amazing.

Daisy

I dislike when i am out and see DJs only using CDs. Not cool in my opinion...not sure if he was the last DJ but the bald, skinny guy...he was only using CDs. He was super nice tho, i talked to him for a few.

I got there around 5ish i think..i really dont remember, I walked in and my friend that was working the door was my saving grace, i had a VERY drunken night and she brought me in back and i got to just relax and chill out for a bit. I love ya Trinity!!! :) So after a lil while i decided to go dance, and im glad i did. i loved the UV stuff, and the people who were still around to dance were really into it. I met a nice guy and saw some familiar faces i Hadnt seen in awhile there. Im not used to things being set up on the dance floor taking up so much room there...but it was worth it because it made the room smaller thus making it more of a "crowd" so to speak. The arcade was allright..the music wasnt very interesting to me for some reason..security was incredibly light last night, something im SO not used to seeing, i didnt even get searched, they just briefly went thru my bag, very strange imo. i wasnt there that long to give a proper review of the music or the evening..i left around 7. The short time i was there, i really liked it. Im a breaks and house girl..yet trance of any type @ ARC is always an amazing night. I like that they are doing this bi montly tsunami party.

I dislike when i am out and see DJs only using CDs. Not cool in my opinion...not sure if he was the last DJ but the bald, skinny guy...he was only using CDs. He was super nice tho, i talked to him for a few.

This may be the end of all psytrance events for you then because most psy djs use CDs. Really, what is the difference? One goes to party because of the music and to hear a really good dj; using CDJs requires skills too. Yeah, we may all drool over vinyl DJs (size matters!!) but for psytrance, there is much more music being produced onto CDs (because its more economic and production quality is higher) than vinyl.

Well I hope to see you one day at a good party, regardless of whether or not the DJ is using CDs or vinyl :)

Daisy

o0psy Daisy said:
This may be the end of all psytrance events for you then because most psy djs use CDs. Really, what is the difference? One goes to party because of the music and to hear a really good dj; using CDJs requires skills too. Yeah, we may all drool over vinyl DJs (size matters!!) but for psytrance, there is much more music being produced onto CDs (because its more economic and production quality is higher) than vinyl.

Well I hope to see you one day at a good party, regardless of whether or not the DJ is using CDs or vinyl :)

Daisy

Odd enough i have been to other psytrance events back when i lived in San Fransisco...this was my first one here in the northeast, but i have never seen a DJ use CDs @ the event. I dunno. No biggie the music was good just an observation...and its a matter of opinion, i could argue bout CD vs. vinyl but my point would go nowhere seeing as cant change opinions. One day maybe i will see you out, i always seer you post :)

umm chrissie you merged the woods thread with mine and now i cant bump it with the new title??? :(:(:(:(

To the people who went to see Astral Projection on 11/22...

This guy in the DC area takes pictures of all the parties in this area, and a couple people that help out with his site went to see Astral perform at ARC, and they took a whole bunch of pictures. Just thought I'd share the link with you guys :)

I may have spotted a few BL'ers in pics ;)

http://www.planetedm.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album43&page=1