• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's worst about the USA

I'M American and I'm living in Germany right now because i cant stand the U.S. America has too many stupid laws and rules, and the people are all self centered.

I will throw in my .02 cents since I am American -

1. Yeah, our politics are bullocks - We ought to mind our business
2. It is utter disgustment how many obese people there are in the US
3. Pop music! But then again, Europeans seem to be some of the biggest fans of this shite, so you cant blame us, lol!

Say what you want about the US - it wont offend me much.

Warmrushes - it was fun partying with you at Crasher. Gerrut is a friend of mine and is a kool kid. I will be coming to visit him in the UK as well, so we can meetup again. I dont recognize your real name though, so please let me know. Hit me up anytime.

-daniel

I've been to the US a few times and it's OK, in fact I quite like it there..... But they have lots of fat bastards. Their children all have braces. Their women all have fake boobs (sorry but it's true in my personal experience). They all LOVE their country. Now most other countries I've visited are a bit self-depricating. They take the piss out of themselves. US citizens don't do this..... Why? And they are currently the only superpower in the world and they know it. Oh and they let the last election result go unanswered. I mean if Tony Blair's brother was to decide who got the next UK general elections wouldn't there be a bit of suspicion over here? Oh well.

:D %) ;)

their capacity for naive enthusiasm which seems to be much more widespread than in europe...

some people like that characteristic, i don't

tru red arrow... tru... but it isn't the people as individuals most are bitchin about.. it is traits common to people in the US (the 'naive enthusiasm' ^^ had me running after a week... crying after two over there) or it is about the people and views, that the general public have supported and promoted so they can get where they are. America used to seem eccentric in these odditys.. now it scares me.

Red Arrow said:
can people stop bitching and judge people as PEOPLE
doesnt matter where you live, everyone is an individual..

you get pricks everywhere not just in the usa

Yeah, too true brother... i agree.

Let's diss the Irish instead!

^ One of the things I have never understood is that you almost never meet an Irishman who will say that Ireland is anything other than the greatest place on God's green earth. But if you go to any city of more than about 250,000 people anywhere in the world there are Irish people living there. If I was convinced as the Irish appear to be that anywhere was the greatest place on G'sGE I would never leave the place.

^ Both frankly.

For example: Virtually every town here in Poland over 250,000 people has an Irish pub owned and/or managed by an Irish citizen.

you know, it's funny....maybe more people need to frequent this particular forum. as americans (generally-speaking of course), we have our heads so far up our asses that we don't know what's real and what's a figment of our imaginations. it took bluelight for me to get the big picture and i thank you for that.

problem is, not very many americans care about what you all think and not a good percentage of americans will ever read this board. :(

would your attitudes still be the same about obesity and trivial issues like that if our govt policies were appeasing?

and buzzy: there's no place quite like home is there, mate? ;)

faris said:

problem is, not very many americans care about what you all think and not a good percentage of americans will ever read this board. :(

You've basically hit the nail on the head. Every American (bar two) that I've met have been decent friendly people. Yet it's the shocking ignorance regarding world affairs and other cultures (short of what they've seen on The Simpsons) that is the main problem with the US. The fact that it is the world's only super/hyperpower means that its citizens don't feel the need to engage with the rest of the world, and its pretty shoddy media reinforce that (e.g. two hours of Michael Jackson footage on FOX the same day the Istanbul bombings killed citizens of America's closest ally).

More education about the rest of the world would benefit Americans, and by extension everybody else, as the US would be able to demonstrate that it's not a nation of monsters.

(Apart from the Religious Right, who are just Islamic fundamentalists with a different deity and more cash.)

im an american in america and this is my fav forum:)

alotta americans are so brainwashed. they believe everything the media says. and american media is so incredibly biased. the gov only shows what they want u to see, and thats what the majority of people end up believing. its really quite sad.

faris - if the US govt. was a benevolent force, a force for unending good in the world, then i think people would be a lot more accepting. yes, they'd still joke about obesity - in the same way that people joke about brits never washing, or having bad teeth, or french people having big noses or smelling of garlic.

what's the worst thing about the USA? most people are too jaded politically to believe they can change our current course of action, so they don't even attempt it. our voter turnouts here are laughable. our government has alienated most average citizens to the point of apathy; as a result, the bureaucrats now have free run to do as they wish while we sit idly by and wave our flags.

i think observers from other countries tend to get frustrated with the average american, wondering why we don't use our power as voters to send the proper messages to our government. the truth is that too many people are convinced that their voice doesn't count, that the system is fundamentally set against them, and that the problems have become too complex for regular laymen to figure out.

unfortunately the government and the media seem to reinforce this defeatist attitude in their own subtle, encoded ways. most of the complaints highlighted in this thread (big business and monoculture, unreasonable foreign policy, etc.) could be addressed if only people hadn't been conned into believing that opposition was a wasted effort.

@lterEgo said:
what's the worst thing about the USA? most people are too jaded politically to believe they can change our current course of action, so they don't even attempt it. our voter turnouts here are laughable. our government has alienated most average citizens to the point of apathy; as a result, the bureaucrats now have free run to do as they wish while we sit idly by and wave our flags.

i think observers from other countries tend to get frustrated with the average american, wondering why we don't use our power as voters to send the proper messages to our government. the truth is that too many people are convinced that their voice doesn't count, that the system is fundamentally set against them, and that the problems have become too complex for regular laymen to figure out.

here here! you've just put it in a way i've been trying to for forever. i would say a good majority of people in my age-range fit into that category....18-25 (even tho i'm 26).