• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Who are you?

potm2208a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi my name is joerando and I am the mf that does shit no one gaf about.
Sums it up fairly tidy, methinks.

The question "Who am I?" is one of the most profound and complex queries a person can ask, touching on various dimensions such as identity, self-awareness, purpose, and existential meaning. Different frameworks philosophical, religious, psychological, and sociocultural offer various approaches to this question.

From a philosophical standpoint, the question delves into issues of identity and consciousness. Philosophers from Descartes to Sartre have wrestled with what it means to be a "self" in a complex world.

Religiously, the answer might depend on the teachings and beliefs of a particular faith tradition. In many religious perspectives, your identity is deeply tied to your relationship with a higher power or a set of ethical or moral principles.

Psychologically, "who you are" could refer to a range of factors, including your psychological makeup, your emotional tendencies, your desires, and your fears. Psychologists might examine your past, your behaviors, and your thought patterns to help explore this question.

From a sociocultural standpoint, your identity might be tied to social categories like ethnicity, nationality, gender, profession, and social roles. Social scientists might examine how these categories shape your experience and sense of self.

Ultimately, the question often requires deep self-reflection and may not have a single, clear answer. Many people spend their whole lives contemplating who they are, and the answer can evolve over time. Some find it useful to engage with various frameworks—whether those be religious teachings, philosophical principles, psychological therapies, or social communities—to explore and construct their sense of self.

The nothing in the inbetween.
The part that human cannot/will not see.
Wouldnt there be (by nature) just as much nothing as everything? Or is it all just a bunch of bs speculation?
I do feel conscious of the environment and loud noises do bother me so... so I do know something is going on.