• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Recruitment Yet Another Round of EADD Mod Recruitment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatative

Bluelight Crew

Who would have thought it, but with roganjosh sadly choosing to step down, it's time for yet another round of mod recruitment!

We have space for one lucky applicant who will join the mod team to help with the smooth running of EADD, essentially ensuring the tranquil coexistence of our esteemed denizens.

We're looking for someone motivated who has a reasonable degree of drugs-knowledge and experience, who practices and will promote harm reduction. If you think you can commit to putting time into modding EADD by checking in most days, keeping up with all the posts, actively modding, enforcing the BLUA/Forum Guidelines a.k.a. rules, be part of the mod team and still post regularly yourself - then we'd like you to apply!

Perks include, but are not limited to:

• A Modstick, used for spanking naughty EADDers amongst other things.
  • The Staff Nudie Thread.
  • An increased PM allowance.
  • Access to all the exclusive staff gossip. (a.k.a. staff forums)
  • An EADD mod welcome hamper.

If you would like to apply, please send a (group) PM to myself, Allein, BecomingJulie & Shambles,
with a brief summary of why you are suited to the role.

Do not post your application in this thread!

Please include the following information in your application:

• Why you want to moderate EADD?
  • What relevant knowledge / experience you have of modding, drugs and harm-reduction?
  • How much time could you dedicate to modding?
  • How you would improve EADD?
N.B - we won't be choosing our new moderator based on post count, or join date, so even if you aren't a long-standing member, don't be afraid to apply!

<3 Good luck! <3

Closing date for applications:
22nd of October 2014

Like how you've posted that. One day I'm going to apply but not yet. I have to get myself out of 'troublemaker' status yet LOL
Good luck to whoever applies.

Edit: Thank you, Josh for modding us n all you've done. I eish you health, all the best n hope that you'll continue to participate in EADD.

Evey

this makes me wonder, has there ever been a mod that was ousted?
its interesting, because none of these mod application requests ever have a "contract duration" defined...

who watches the watchers?

Owen I think you'd make an ace mod. I alsip think that Raasy would too. Although I wish Snolly would come back. Apart fromKnock, she was the best mod ever n worked extremely hard in EADD

Evey

this makes me wonder, has there ever been a mod that was ousted?

Yes, and fairly recently. Probably not best to dwell on that fact given the unfortunate (though coincidental) events which occurred in the aftermath of said ousting.

The senior staff watch the watchers. Don't you worry about that. :)

Dont be so hard on yourself, Owen. I'm sure others do too. You're smart, caring, fair, have a decent knowledge of substances. I know you did a run er before but we all make mistakes don't we?!

Would you consider applying?

Evey

Given that I had my crew privledges removed the other day I feel that it may be somewhat futile if I did.=D

Bollocks to it even if people did want me to anyway, I've got no interest in working with people who don't understand the concept of a synonym.

I'm happy enough doing my thing floating around recovery support and here, crying like a baby about my problems and very occasionally saying something useful that might help others with theirs (amongst all the garbage). I've started doing some voluntary work that gives me my fill of giving back to community anyway, all is well.

Given that I had my crew privledges removed the other day I feel that it may be somewhat futile if I did.=D

Oh..... I've just noticed you've no longer BL Crew. Sorry , I didn't know that. I can't understand why.

I know that you n I didn't get off to a great start as I found you to be extremely arrogant but I've got to like you since. You've always helping people in the Recovery section. You're honest. You're intelligent n friendly n like a laugh.

Evey

It's no sweat, I can do all the stuff I like doing here without a thing under my name saying crew. Frankly I didn't really deserve it in the first place anyway.=D

Hopefully a mod who isn't afraid to hand out bans, we've lost at least 5 long term posters due to the antics of a couple of posters/trolls.

^ It's a tricky situation... the problem is a lot of the antics are very murky grey areas. Bans work on a cumulating length basis too, so can take a while even so... regardless, some new blood would certainly help keep on top of everything. :)

*edit* - in case you are curious / unaware as to how the current system works: Bans and the Infraction System

Good swotting up for any applicants too. ;)

Last edited:
hha, i remember getting an infraction once. weird circumstances too, but hey, does that make me an official badboy?

also, i dont think long time posters are lost due to being trolled out. probably more the general fluctuation in participation that happens with all of us. because life

Hopefully a mod who isn't afraid to hand out bans, we've lost at least 5 long term posters due to the antics of a couple of posters/trolls.

That's a shame. I don't like trolls myself. I don't think bans are always the answer. Look at knock - he truly helped people on EADD, hardly ever gave out infractions - the place was always busy n you name me one person who doesn't say he was one of the best mods that EADD has ever had.

hha, i remember getting an infraction once. weird circumstances too, but hey, does that make me an official badboy?

also, i dont think long time posters are lost due to being trolled out. probably more the general fluctuation in participation that happens with all of us. because life

True. Very true. And thank you heaps for saying so, kingme.

Evey

lol. Would love some of the decent posters that have fucked off, to come back, crackhead for example fella's quality , place needs a shake up.
Good luck josh, hope your health improves.

We are always interested to hear peoples views and concerns, PM any one of us if you want to discuss any issues.

A popularity competition it isn't and one persons perception of the the forum's 'dynamics' is often quite different to anothers...put simply some people will call you a cunt but it's rarely a suprise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.