• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alprazolam Powder Solubility

20mg of Alprazolam is a mother load of a dose 8o that said it's almost impossible to OD on benzo's unless mixed with other depressants (alcohol/opiates primarily) but 20mg is crazy 8(

I have a huge tolerance to Benzo's and 10mg would knock me on my arse for a day at least. Careful playing with live wires man ;)

:) "that said it's almost impossible to OD on benzo's unless mixed with other depressants (alcohol/opiates primarily)"

I agree......seems alot of people think other wise

"Careful playing with live wires man "
The better you get at electrical the less you get shocked. I constantly work with live wires from 120V-12740V. I can't remember the last time I've gotten shocked. That makes my the self proclaimed Charles Bronson of electrical =D

"The LD50 for most benzos is in the grams/kg limit."

I have No idea what that means, I imagine I'm still to "Basic" to explain

:) Dutch

Ham-milton said:
The LD50 for most benzos is in the grams/kg limit.
Yup, but he was working after a 20mg dose 8o

LD50 is an expression meaning Lethal Dose with 50% mortality.
It's expressed as a mass or volume per kg of body mass (weight) based purely on animal studies. The acute oral LD50 in rats is 331-2171 mg/kg.

We are all unique so 2gm could in theory kill someone whereas another person may be able to consume 25gm and survive. LD50 should never be used as a guide to anything.

On a similar thread I'm trying to figure out the purity level.

Heres what I got 95% grain.....very small amount (but the larger crystals) sunk to the bottom.

My theory is thats the very small amount of impurities and would be even less if it was 100% ethanol.

I have a little over 2gm in a 750ml bottle if that helps at all.

Does this sound accurate??

-Dutch

^no it doesnt

its not impurities, it just didnt dissolve fully. stir, heat, let it sit...just get them to dissolve.

you cannot figure out the purity level w/o analytical equpment. dont even try.

all you need to do man is divide weight by volume. that number is the weight/per volumentric unit

so, using milligrams as weight and milliliters as volume...

2000mg/750 ml = 2.6mg/ml

Wow, Thats the simple formula I wanted from the start.

I'ts a shame it took 27 posts to get it.

But I blame myself more than anyone

Thanks so much!

-Dutch

It's not a formula. It's basic math. All you're doing is dividing the amount you're adding by the volume you're adding it to.

BenzoBay said:
Wow, Thats the simple formula I wanted from the start.

I'ts a shame it took 27 posts to get it.

Formula =D

I think but correct me if I'm wrong I presented the elementary arithmetic in post 16 ;)

EQUATION,

:\ I should've applied myself in school after 3rd gread 8)

Sorry Moss, I look back......you had me at post 16, I some how missed it.
I apologize for causing you to repeat yourself.

:) Dutch

Benzos are relatively safe, but they CAN kill you even when taken alone. Of course, some are more dangerous than others, but still. Below is a good read:

In a clinical study conducted in the United Kingdom between the years 1991-1993, it was found that temazepam was the most toxic of all benzodiazepines, easily causing death in an overdose, even when not combined with any other CNS Depressant, unlike most other benzodiazepines, especially the anxiolytics which all have a much lower toxicity profile. Oxazepam had the lowest toxicity profile of all benzodiazepines. Others with low toxicity profiles were diazepam, alprazolam, lorazepam, bromazepam, and clonazepam. Besides temazepam, other hypnotic benzodiazepines were tested (flunitrazepam, nitrazepam, flurazepam, midazolam, and triazolam) and all had a high toxicity profile. The reason was that the hypnotics more strongly reduced the rate of respiration, caused more sedation, were more likely to induce coma, amnesia, and hypotension. All the hypnotic benzodiazepines that were tested in the study showed that they can cause death without ingesting other CNS depressants, very much like barbiturates. Nimetazepam, though was not part of the British study is believed to have a toxicity profile similar to temazepam's.

Gaudreault P, Guay J, Thivierge RL, Verdy I (1991). "Benzodiazepine poisoning. Clinical and pharmacological considerations and treatment". Drug Saf 6 (4): 247–65.

Serfaty M, Masterton G (1993). "Fatal poisonings attributed to benzodiazepines in Britain". Br J Psychiatry 163: 386–93.

Separate findings on benzo toxicity seem to indicate the same thing that the British study says...

Benzodiazepines were implicated in 39% of suicides by drug poisoning in Sweden, with temazepam, nitrazepam and flunitrazepam accounting for 90% of benzodiazepine implicated suicides, in the elderly over a period of 2 decades. In three quarters of cases death was due to drowning, typically in the bath. Benzodiazepines were the predominant drug class used in suicides in this review of Swedish death certificates with 72% of benzodiazepine overdoses showing that benzodiazepines were the sole drug used in deaths by overdose. Benzodiazepines and in particular temazepam, nitrazepam and flunitrazepam should therefore be prescribed with caution in the elderly.

In a retrospective study of deaths, when benzodiazepines were implicated in the deaths, the benzodiazepines flunitrazepam, temazepam and nitrazepam were the most common benzodiazepines involved. Benzodiazepines were a factor in all deaths caused by drug addiction in the study. Temazepam, nitrazepam and flunitrazepam were significantly more commonly implicated in suicide related deaths than natural deaths. In four of the cases benzodiazepines alone were the only cause of death. It was concluded that flunitrazepam, nitrazepam, and temazepam were significantly more toxic than other benzodiazepines.

Nitrazepam, and especially temazepam were the benzodiazepines most commonly detected in overdose related drug deaths in an Australian study of drug deaths. The two benzodiazepines were found to be the sole cause of death in one third of cases.

Carlsten, A; Waern M, Holmgren P, Allebeck P (2003). "The role of benzodiazepines in elderly suicides". Scand J Public Health 31 (3): 224-8.

Drummer OH; Ranson DL (Dec 1996). "Sudden death and benzodiazepines". Am J Forensic Med Pathol 17 (4): 336-42.

Ericsson HR, Holmgren P, Jakobsson SW, Lafolie P, De Rees B (1993). "[Benzodiazepine findings in autopsy material. A study shows interacting factors in fatal cases]" (Swedish). Lakartidningen 90 (45): 3954–7.

Last edited:
The hypnotics are also the ones people with a tolerance turn to to abuse. When you can't get high on diazepam any more, you switch to Temazepam or flunitrazepam, and they continue to be effect for long periods of time.

But even still, they're incredibly safe.

In a clinical study conducted in the United Kingdom between the years 1991-1993, it was found that temazepam was the most toxic of all benzodiazepines, easily causing death in an overdose

That's an interesting quote but being from the UK and knowing about the problems with Temazepam and Heroin addicts I wonder if it's purely statistically based.

Use of temazepam capsules by drug abusers was first recognised in Glasgow in the mid-1980s. But as early as 1984 there were reports of users in Manchester injecting flurazepam (Dalmane) to intensify and prolong the effects of heroin.

The reason why users turned to temazepam is unclear, although at the time heroin was in short supply and many users may well have sought alternative injectables. Temazepam could be obtained from at least three different sources:

* it was legitimately prescribed as a sleeping aid to users attempting self-withdrawal
* more commonly, the drug was stolen from pharmacies during a break-in
* the drug could be obtained by diversion from legitimate prescriptions, and there have been prosecutions of elderly people who have sold their capsules.

In 1989, the manufacturers of temazepam responded to the problem by changing the formulation so that the practice of withdrawing the liquid centre out of the capsule with a syringe was no longer possible. However, the ever resourceful and determined injectors soon discovered that the gel would dissolve if the capsules were heated; this could then be mixed with water and injected.

Others simply added boiling water to the gel, shook the syringe and injected the mixture once the solution cooled. Once in the veins, the gel would re-solidify and cause a number of complications (see later), the most serious of which was vein blockage. While injection of benzodiazepines was the main route of misuse, there have also been reports of users snorting the drugs after crushing up the tablets.

Despite the manufacturers' response, a survey of 208 users conducted in 1992 found that 59 per cent had injected temazepam capsules, 23 per cent the tablets and 19 per cent had actually injected the syrup. In addition, a quarter of those surveyed had injected diazepam capsules and tablets. A smaller proportion had injected other benzodiazepines such as nitrazepam, lorazepam and chlordiazepoxide. The study's authors commented that banning temazepam, while potentially effective for reducing illicit use, would simply result in users resorting to other benzodiazepines.

Linky

Last edited:
(I'm Just Glad Not Everyones Pointing Their Fingers at me Laughing Anymore)=D

Yah, thats some interesting info!

-Dutch

I realize this may be a difficult question given so many factors. Having any empty stomach/ opposed to full does that have a positive or negitive effect on how this method works. I'm referring to "kick in time" and effects (stronger/weaker).

-Dutch

Taking something orally on a full stomach most often results in a slower release and loss through excretion. On an empty stomach it's absorbed/metabolised far quicker so as a rule it'll be more potent, faster acting but shorter in duration.