• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Annoying Teenage Terminology

'like' is more of an American term, haven't really heard anyone use over here except when Georges say it at the end of a sentence, like. :D Doesn't really bother me though.

abbreviating words that shouldn't be abbreviated is something you hear off goons/ppl in school (mare,demot,rents(parents),etc) so just tend to avoid them

Only thing that annoys me is when people call taking pills getting mad wea it - which is right confusing.

northerner 8)

and yeah i hate "rents"
someone says "i cant deal with the rents right now"
and i say "how much is it?"

Even I'm starting to pick up on saying like at the end of my sentence.. Sometimes I want to slap myself because of it, like.

I also want to know how 'ken' became to mean know? ye ken?

Gulity of saying "rents", and I dont know if you know this but the Drum And Bass MC Eksman shouts "SEMI-AUTOMATIC" to which the crowd retorts "Blet! Blet! Blet!".

What a spendid take on "brap! brap!"

good bye and good day.

Demot is a new one to me.

I'm guilty of using "like" a lot but not in an American way like but in a full blown Scottish / Dundonian way, I would like to stop using the word like so much like. ;)

Seriously I would. :!

I heard from people about London folk using the term "innit" and "issit" but I'd never experienced it for my self until Monday when I visiited WH Smiths in Heathrow, bought a paper and a bottle of Buxton water, girl on the checkout says to me "its the litre bottle of water that you're getting half price when you buy the independent", me being in a hurry and really tired / not arsed says "it's ok it's fine I'll just take this" and she replies "ISSIT". I wanted to punch her in the face for using such horrible slang! Bitch! :x

^ I haven't a clue either strikes me as profoundly silly TBH.

deeCee said:
I also want to know how 'ken' became to mean know? ye ken?
from m-w: Etymology: Middle English kennen, from Old English cennan to make known & Old Norse kenna to perceive; both akin to Old English can know

alasdair

I was going to say i hardly think 'ken' is a recent coinage or teenager speak. Got some wartime cartoons hung up somewhere in the house (or did) in which the joke was the word ken. Probably those fucking 1940's teenagers, them were the worst...:X

What loser would actually say 'lol' or lawl instead of just laughing? Retards.

I'm guilty of saying man and innit.. But couple things that shit me are when people refer to blotters containing LSD as 'wangers'.

Also, 'that game is gay, my parents are gay, i hate school its so gay'..

Yeah I say like, man, and well in basically every sentance. I realised when I started my new job that the amount I say 'man' must make me sound like im some wannabe american-stoner kid or something :-| I also say innit loads, and is it sometimes, but have replaced it with 'yeh?' i think. I use the word safe, but mostly sound. I'd be well annoying to any of you people. I consider this normal speech, the way everyone talks lol.

I've never ever heard 'demot' but a lot of the words on these 'teen-speak' things aren't actually ever used imo, just kids making a joke. I am however annoyed by a great number of the words posted here. If you don't use at least most of the words I have detailed living in northampton, you must be well rich. lol

8L4YN3 said:
What loser would actually say 'lol' or lawl instead of just laughing? Retards.

I'm guilty of saying man and innit.. But couple things that shit me are when people refer to blotters containing LSD as 'wangers'.

Also, 'that game is gay, my parents are gay, i hate school its so gay'..

lol is normally used as a sarcastic response, not instead of laughing. like lol doesnt represent real laughing when typed online. edit: i dont ever say i though.

'gay' was popularised by south park, the put down hated by gays the world over, yet curiously one of the south park creators has admitted to being homesexual.

What one of the south park guys is gay?? hmm One of my best friends is gay and we say stupid shit is gay ALL the time like it ain't no thing, and call femmy dress wearing gays faggots like its nothing..

I'm mostly guilty of adding "and shit" to the end of any sentence at all, my friends do it to make fun of me all the time. Also adding "or whatever" to the end of any other sentence I don't add "and shit" to. And I say like too much, but I try to be conscious of it and not do it too much..

brap represents gunfire.

i shall never forget the thread on DOA (or was it breakbeat.co.uk?) which was entitled, in capitals, 'LOCK TO BRAP NOW YOU CUNTS' :D