Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Annoying Teenage Terminology

The_Idler said:
northerner 8)
and yeah i hate "rents"

I tend to say "bids" instead of rents :D

Really don't like "sick" meaning great. There's nothing good about sick, is there? Having said that some classic American buzzwords are going to go full circle soon enough so use them now while they're still hideously uncool.

Bodacious.

;)

dr seuss said:
i shall never forget the thread on DOA (or was it breakbeat.co.uk?) which was entitled, in capitals, 'LOCK TO BRAP NOW YOU CUNTS' :D

LOL =D

Brap quickly turned to other forms like brapples which in turn became bramley apples. So if you hear anyone shouting "bramley apples" in your local discotheque it might be me ;)

fully sik moite was one I always hated hearing. Not sure if you guys copped that in the UK though, was mainly heard in Australia.

I've started saying munted again. Not sure if that's a good thing or not?

i know "like" is an american thing but saves your ass if you have a poor english lol

Miss Peks said:
fully sik moite was one I always hated hearing. Not sure if you guys copped that in the UK though, was mainly heard in Australia.

I've started saying munted again. Not sure if that's a good thing or not?
Fuck sake, mate?

IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Some of my friends have started using this recently, proper safe lingo bruh irnit...

Yeh, I don't like izit, moby, blaters and a few others.....

I guess i'm guilty of saying man/like/innit/safe/sound, but they're not "that" bad... :(

deeCee said:
Even I'm starting to pick up on saying like at the end of my sentence.. Sometimes I want to slap myself because of it, like.

I also want to know how 'ken' became to mean know? ye ken?
TheSpade said:
I'm guilty of using "like" a lot but not in an American way like but in a full blown Scottish / Dundonian way, I would like to stop using the word like so much like. ;)
HAHA :D

ye can take the boy oot o scumdee, but ye cannae take the scumdee oot o the boy ;)

'ken' and 'like' aren't really annoying teenage things, they're just scottish really. especially up these parts.

ken fit ah mean, like? %)

i'm pretty bad for saying 'like' too often. 8)

a common greeting up here (which i must confess to liking, despite it's daftnesss) is 'FIT LIKEY?' =D

(which translates to: 'hello, how are you?')

ANYWAY - SORRY - THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ANNOYING TEENAGE STUFF! ;)

Massoff - a combination of massive and fuck off, generally used to describe something that is large in size. Nothing say I'm an illiterate fuckwit like the use of this word.

they mean "like" that's, like, in the middle of a sentence, like.

not at the end, like they do in t'North.

"T'north speak" stops at the North Yorks border - like !

B9 said:
A proper fact or your fact ?

Thought it was generally accepted, with the others or 'hahaha' etc if something as actually funny, as opposed to mildly amusing? Perhaps not

I say 'lol' if I find something funny, but I'm rarely ever laughing out loud from it.

I'm more likely to be laughing out loud when I say 'hahahahaha'.

When I say 'haha' I'm usually having a little chuckle, a bit like when I say 'heh' except that's reserved more for when I've discovered something interesting to me.

Ohh come off it you guys, we all speak like annoying wankers if you're not from the same town.

People fear differance.

I honestly can't say the words people use perticualy annoy me as long as I can understand them from their position in a sentance and it's context. Certainly nothing stands out in my mind.

Spade, seems as you seem to have a problem with the word i'n'it (Is it not) I hope I never catch you using the contracted form of "it is" or "it is not".

i.e. "it's" or "isn't"

Essentialy that is exactly the same.

Johny Boy said:
Spade, seems as you seem to have a problem with the word i'n'it (Is it not) I hope I never catch you using the contracted form of "it is" or "it is not".

i.e. "it's" or "isn't"

Essentialy that is exactly the same.

Except for the fact that, at least where I live, "izzit" is a contraction for both "is it?" _and_ "it is not."... which is bloody confusing!

I was actually about to make a post saying a similar thing. I mean we have to be careful because it may seem like we want to just eliminate culture.