• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Bomb Omg

tintintin said:

Also the blatant lies of the police regarding the cause of these explosions at the start of the incidents. Power surge?? WTF

They do that to prevent widespread panic, can you imagine what would have happened if the police had started screaming "BOMBS! FUCKING BOMBS! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"

more people would have been killed in the stampede out of london!

A chap on another board was arguing for globalisation:
I guess my argument is flawed, too. Can anyone explain where this hatred comes from?
Globalization is change that is coming with innovation, bright ideas, and creativity

here's some good ideas from the long and glorious history of globalisation:

1) "Look Mr Barbarian, I'm Roman, and I've invented roads, running water, and centralised religion. it's obvious I'm better than you, so I'm going to make your entire culture and language disappear" (europe)

2) "These home-grown factory and farm workers are getting expensive now that they are demanding human rights and forming unions, we'd better import some from that shitty little African country. They'll be grateful for a subsistence wage!" (north america/europe)

3) "Ooops, I appear to have killed off millions of species of animal with my imported infections, and now there's famine amongst the tribes who were living off them, never mind, there were too many of them anyway, and that land looks lovely and fertile, I think I'll build a farm there. No, YOU can't have a vote, democracy is for WHITE people" (south africa)

4) "OK Mr Dictator, you can have a loan, but just you make sure you spend it on improving your infrastructure you naughty boy! Don't blow it all on weapons and opulent palaces like you did last time ok? Oh, by the way, the interest is your entire Gross National Product, it's not like you'll be needing inside toilets this century anyway" (africa)

5) "NIKE! It's not JUST a SHOE! It's a LIFESTYLE! Makes you RICH, FIT, and FAMOUS like Michael Jordan! Buy them for only $120! shhh.... don't tell them they only cost $2 a pair to make, we don't want our customers feeling guilty, do we?" (Asia)

6) "Mr Dictator? It's us again. Look, the Communists have invaded next door, and we're getting a bit worried about the oil that our entire way of life is built around. Here's a FUCKLOAD of weapons to go and fight them with. When you've won, if you like, you can use them to suppress democracy in your own country. That is, until we decide to shit on YOU from a great height too! HAH!" (Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan)

7) Mr Farmer, we've got a problem. Mr Subsistence-farmer in Thirdworldistan is producing more, and better coffee, than you ever could. But it's ok, because we're in control of import and export duties for the whole world, we can artificially hike the prices up... And here's the best part, we can give the money back to YOU in the form of subsidies, making your whole operation worthwhile! It gets even better, because now Mr Subsistence-farmer can only afford to grow cocoa for the crack your whoring daughter is addicted to!"(Afgahanistan/Columbia)

8) "heh, look at those indians embrace our way of life so fully! They're fantastically cheap too, why don't we outsource our entire customer service department to a country where english is the third language at best?" (India)

my condolences to the families of yesterdays atrocity. I was lucky, as i was late getting to work through king's cross and edgeware road. I love our way of life too, but I'm not so naive to think that it's going to come without a price in blood. My only hope is that the deaths of these poor commuters isn't used to justify yet more violence in the middle east.

What am I talking about? It already has!

I'm glad they told us it was a power surge. I'm sure that there would have been a lot more widespread panic if we had of been told that there were bombs going off, or explosions. When I got off the tube we weren't actually told to evacuate the station, but we all just did anyway, calmly and quietly. I'm sure things would have been a lot different if we had of been told the real story though.

I totally disagree. The problem at this time in the history of the world IS Islamic fundamentalists. I'm not scared to get the train/tube/bus this morning for fear of a group of Church of England suicide bombers!!

yea, you may not; but think of the enormously powerful christian-fundamentalist lobby in the united states that gives support to an extremely aggressive US policy; just think of bluelight's own fundamentalists; such as now-autobahned Sohi, who repeatedly demanded to nuke all of iraq;

i imagine such people pose a direct threat to innocents in the middle east not only abstractly as a pressure group for more ruthless, radical US policy, but also as e.g. trigger happy soldiers and pilots;

the world is not just you

"Via The Command Post comes this study published in Lancet (free reg) which purports that 100,000 Iraqi have died from violence, most of it caused by Coalition air strikes, since the invasion of Iraq."

Cunningly, I note you ignore the back story to that particular article. Which is that the Hindu temple was built on the site of a mosque, which Hindus destroyed about 10 years ago. Killing thousands of Muslims in the process.

cunningly u omit that was a sacred hindu site as the vedas said way before islam even existed(3000 bc)

That's a great excuse for tearing down a mosque that had been there for hundreds of years, and killing thousands of people.

its not an excuse cos the previous few THOUSAND years beliefs dont count ?

You're falling into the same trap... Regardless of which existed first, or had the longest history of use of the site, it's used as an excuse by fundamentalists on both sides as an excuse to justify killing hundreds of people because they don't believe the same thing.

Regardless of religion, fundamentalism is a blinkered, vicious and ignorant social cancer. To use an extreme belief in what are otherwise peaceful belief systems with a message of helping your fellow man at their core as an excuse for killing is so fucked up. The main thing to note here is that the explosions in London were acts that were perpatrated by fundamentalists; the fact that they happen to be Muslim is just an incidental fact. Most Muslims are decent people who believe in a compassionate caring supreme being, just like Hindus, Christians, Jews etc. Fundamentalists are hate-mongers who happen to attach themselves to one of those religions

I was dismayed to see this in the news today:

BBC

City mosque targeted by arsonists

Police are investigating an arson attack on a mosque in Leeds.

The fire broke out in a toilet at the Jamiat Tablighul Islam Mosque in Laurel Terrace, Armley on Friday morning.

A police spokeswoman said they thought a piece of cloth was put through a window to start the fire but "there was definitely no accelerant used".

Mohammed Jamil Ismail, a member of the mosque, said community relations in the area were normally very good but he had feared they might be targeted.

"We did not envisage this sort of attack so quickly after the incident that happened in London," he said.

"We have a large Muslim community around here and it's not very nice to be attacked at this time when all the attention is on the Muslim community.

"It seems to me that it may well be a retaliatory action by some fundamentalist part of the non-Muslim community."

^not entirely unexpected though, was it?

there are three key reactions to watch in the coming weeks:

people, press, and parliament.

dr seuss said:
^not entirely unexpected though, was it?

Alas, no.. I just wasn't expecting it so soon. Lucky this one was a pretty clumsy attempt at arson by the sound of it.

I think the press and parliment will (and have been so far) all be on the same line - don't blame Muslims for the acts of the fanatics.

fastandbulbous said:
You're falling into the same trap... Regardless of which existed first, or had the longest history of use of the site, it's used as an excuse by fundamentalists on both sides as an excuse to justify killing hundreds of people because they don't believe the same thing.

Yeah, I'm aware that we were, which is why I stopped replying. My original post was an attempt to say that Muslims aren't the cause of everything bad. He'd brought up the Ahoydhya incident as another example of Muslim violence, and saying that Muslim fundamentalism was the problem - my point was that Hindus had committed far worse violence there. But you're right, I should have been clearer that it was one-eyed Hindu fundamentalism I was condemning. (Having spent months in India I'm well aware that the average Hindu is as chilled out (or more so) as the average anybody - but equally that the extremists of the BJP can be fucking crazy).

fundamentalism itself is a curse.

to quoth those doyens of contemporary culture, Blink 182,

'no-one should take themselves so seriously...'

the sad reality is that when 40 people die in a bombing in baghdad it barely even makes the news now...

dr seuss said:

I hope the reaction doesn't lead to a situation that breeds more of this type of action; that would be playing right into their hands.

Like Harry said, the British have experienced this before and i expect they realize the sky isn't falling.

btw, there are many news stories claiming the bomb devices were crude- not indicating a profession job?

Sorry i didnt check in earlier for those who were asking about me.

I work in the Royal Free Hospital, which you may or may not know is one of the 4 that was taking victims of the bombs. It's been a difficult time for all of us - but i am constantly amazed by the resources and bravery of people. It's hard to see any good in humanity when something like happens, but i saw the best in many strangers and colleagues over the last 2 days.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by all this.

Grob.

Do you know, i have no idea - i suspect the answer is yes. One of the nurses from my clinic went down to A&E to volunteer and would not talk about what she saw down there. Pretty shocking stuff :(

interesting link

Not sure what to think about this. If its true its pretty worrying.

The website would appear to have a certain kind of bias, but the source is a BBC interview, so...?

^^^

I heard there was some sort of security exercise going on at the time.

MrM said:
[B
Not sure what to think about this. If its true its pretty worrying.

[/B]

Well, there's plenty of exaggeration in that article for starters. MI5 have not gone blowing up London and blaming it on the IRA.

If it looks like AQ and smells like AQ then it probably is AQ. Look at their signature. Simultaneous explosions almost every time.

However, it does all beg the question exactly who or what is AQ?

Believers in fundamentalist Islam wishing to impose a khalifate?
An ideological movement founded in the name of Islam but conceived in far murkier waters?
The Muslim wing of the CIA?

Fuck knows. I don't. What I do know is that when the CIA admit 40 years later to spraying chemicals on the subway to test them on their own people, and when they have a history of destabilizing any regime they choose to, they are asking for all the conspiracy theories they get.

I know there are 'muslims' periodically striking at 'democracies' around the world. Two things interest me.
1) On the macro level, what and who brought these individuals to this ideological standpoint? And I'm looking a lot further than Finsbury Park mosque.
2) If they are so fucking good at this terror thing, and they are, think of all those simultaneous explosions - the Provos never did that in 30 years, then why aren't they doing it more often? (And I don't buy the argument that our wonderful security services are always saving us).

StoneHappyMonday said:
If it looks like AQ and smells like AQ then it probably is AQ. Look at their signature. Simultaneous explosions almost every time.
Yeah, because only Osama's boys know how to wear a watch.

Sony...boney said:
Yeah, because only Osama's boys know how to wear a watch.

I was going to answer that...but first I checked your other posts to see if you had a brain. You don't appear to.