• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Bomb Omg

MrM said:
A lot of people in this country don't support the war in Iraq / War against Terror. Terrorists blowing up innocent people like this is going to play right into the hands of any politician.

Stuff like this can worsen the problems of racism and anger against immigrants and Muslims in general.

Took the words out my mouth.

Being ex forces I still have a few mates doing various things in the army. I have one friend in the EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). His detachment went on the highest state of alert last night at midnight!

Also a group of doctors and other emergency services were running a large scale "practise" of dealing with a terrorist emergency today. (5 Live)

And the London Poisons Unit was getting itself worked up about people being lax on emergency protocols

That was quite chilling after seeing a news report about official comments wondering about chemical/biological devices.

I feel sorry for the poor sods who are on the serious/critical list - more than one news report made mention of lots of people suffering traumatic amputations from the blast; I know what sort of shit they're going to have to come to terms with in the next few years. In fact, a hell of a lot of people who've survived the explosions most probably don't realize that PTSD is going to play havoc with their life in the next few years - marriages will break up, some will have crippling psychiatric illnesses (and it will become too much for some to be able to live with).

All that misery and human suffering because some twisted fundamentalist arsehole can't abide others wanting free choice over what they believe.

The problem is fundamentalism of every kind. Islamic fundamentalism, Christian fundamentalism, Jewish fundamentalism

Blinkered, inadequate fuckwits that 'know' that their beliefs are correct and want to punish others for not agreeing with them. Fundamentalism is nothing to do with any concept of an all-knowing, compassionate supreme being (or any belief in one that fosters a spirit of caring for your fellow man); it's a pernicious mental illness that the human race would be well rid of...

HarryAtPiekarnia said:
No. The problem is fundamentalism of every kind. Islamic fundamentalism, Christian fundamentalism, Jewish fundamentalism, Capitalist fundamentalism, all of them are to blame.

The other problem is ignorance. People who are ignorant are much easier to lie to and lead arround as you want.

I totally disagree. The problem at this time in the history of the world IS Islamic fundamentalists. I'm not scared to get the train/tube/bus this morning for fear of a group of Church of England suicide bombers!!

I take the point that a situation has been created by the above groups over a period of time and that has left a part of the Muslim world feeling a bit sorry for them selfs. But that IS no fucking justification to kill innocent people on the streets of my city. Even the IRA had a set of goals they were fighting for. These people just want to kill anyone who is not Muslim. they make Hitler look reasonable!

my cousin is an intern at royal london hospital ,and he just told me they have been working all day, still working now , people have come in with no legs, no arms, no eyes ,whole sides of thier faces missing , they are still working, god bless them

tintintin said:
I totally disagree. The problem at this time in the history of the world IS Islamic fundamentalists. I'm not scared to get the train/tube/bus this morning for fear of a group of Church of England suicide bombers!!

And what you are scared is what the world is scared of? How many innocent people have died in the past two years to in the interest of US and UK political aims? More than ten times the number of people killed in the London, Madrid and New York attacks combined. More people died from one US bomb on Baghdad market than died in all the attacks yesterday.

Pounding_Grooves said:
at the core is its islamic fundamentalism thats
the problem, not an issue of zionism or isreal, only yesterday, india saw some pretty rough riots when guess who ? islamic fundamentalists tried to storm a hindu temple .
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/06/international/asia/06india.html

Cunningly, I note you ignore the back story to that particular article. Which is that the Hindu temple was built on the site of a mosque, which Hindus destroyed about 10 years ago. Killing thousands of Muslims in the process.

Anyway. Kudos to 90% of the people posting in this thread. I'm utterly amazed that most of you don't want to wreak bloody vengeance for this atrocity. I've been following news all day at work, and the media/blogs here and in the US and in Australia are calling for revenge and condemning all Muslims out of hand. To see people who are in the middle of this acting so level-headedly is truly impressive.

And...a moment's silence for those dead and wounded. RIP :(

Sim0n said:
Cunningly, I note you ignore the back story to that particular article. Which is that the Hindu temple was built on the site of a mosque, which Hindus destroyed about 10 years ago. Killing thousands of Muslims in the process.

cunningly u omit that was a sacred hindu site as the vedas said way before islam even existed(3000 bc)

Sim0n said:
Anyway. Kudos to 90% of the people posting in this thread. I'm utterly amazed that most of you don't want to wreak bloody vengeance for this atrocity. I've been following news all day at work, and the media/blogs here and in the US and in Australia are calling for revenge and condemning all Muslims out of hand. To see people who are in the middle of this acting so level-headedly is truly impressive.

British people have had a lot of experience being attacked by terrorists. We know that if we let the terrorist change our society, our culture and our way of life then they will have won.

Plus I'd wager a fair bit of cash that the percentage of Brits who personally know Muslims lot more than the percentage of Yanks who do. It's harder to condemn people and call for killing people just because they are Muslims when you have to tag sentences like "All of the Muslims except that bloke Ranji at the local shop who always gives me credit when I'm short on change and always has a smile and good words for me." on the end.

tambourine-man said:
DID YOU JUST FUCKING HEAR CHARLES CLARKE ON BBC NEWS...!!!! The fucking big-eared twat!!!

Heard the cunt say a similar thing this morning when asked about Galloway saying it wouldn't have happened if we weren't in Iraq.

Clarke: "Galloway is just plain wrong and we shouldn't even entertain his views".
Cunt. And yes the bombers are cunts too. All of them, Clarke etc and the bombers are caught up in a cycle of political spin and lies that play with OUR lives.

Pounding_Grooves said:
cunningly u omit that was a sacred hindu site as the vedas said way before islam even existed(3000 bc)

That's a great excuse for tearing down a mosque that had been there for hundreds of years, and killing thousands of people.

HarryAtPiekarnia said:
British people have had a lot of experience being attacked by terrorists. We know that if we let the terrorist change our society, our culture and our way of life then they will have won.

Plus I'd wager a fair bit of cash that the percentage of Brits who personally know Muslims lot more than the percentage of Yanks who do. It's harder to condemn people and call for killing people just because they are Muslims when you have to tag sentences like "All of the Muslims except that bloke Ranji at the local shop who always gives me credit when I'm short on change and always has a smile and good words for me." on the end.

Both good points. I lived in London long enough (4 years) to have a similar viewpoint. IRA, Soho Nailbomber - there's always going to be some kind of threat. But really, you're more at risk from car accidents or what have you than from bombs...

And fuck the terrorists. All that effort, and they killed fewer people at King's Cross than some idiot with a cigarette butt did? Fuck 'em. Not only cowardly thugs, but underachieving cowardly thugs.

Another quote from that blog:

A British associate penned a quick response to the bombing attacks that took place in London this morning. "The message from those claiming responsibility says, in part, 'Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters,'" he wrote. "Well it isn't, so fuck them."

'Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters"

only when we look at the weather maps , mr terrorist ;)

Pounding_Grooves said:
its not an excuse cos the previous few THOUSAND years beliefs dont count ?

http://www.templenet.com/Tamilnadu/df065.html

if u say so 8)

I say that destroying buildings that have stood for over 400 years, and killing thousands of people, is wrong. If you disagree with that, I really have nothing else to say to you. There is no hard evidence that there was ever a Hindu temple on that site. The link that you posted refers to the whole town, not to the individual temple site. Even if there was absolute proof that a temple existed there once, it doesn't justify smashing up the mosque and killing people. Killing people = bad, OK? I don't see how much simpler I can make this.

"There is no hard evidence that there was ever a Hindu temple on that site"

if we are talking hard evidence then NONE of indias sacred hindu sites should exist, neither would mecca right?
unless u can PROVE Muhhamed existed ?

never seen the tube as empty on a weekday morning as this morning on the way to work.

^Heh yeah I'll bet. Work told me to stay home today as the tube services aren't completely back to normal yet and I live a long way from work. I'm sure a lot of people are just staying home as they have long distances to travel and want to go back to work when services have resumed back to normal in full capacity.

Groovstar said:
never seen the tube as empty on a weekday morning as this morning on the way to work.

I bet!!!

i won tickets to go out saturday night, but I'm giving londona wide berth this weekend, I would've thought there is gonna be a few security alerts and I have to go through liverpool st. anyway so I cant be arsed.

Rather wait till the dust has properly settled!

anyone heard from grob? hopr ur ok honey!! please post if u see this!

grobs in north london...but not far north from all of this:( this is so fucked up. everytime i go to london i always stay at generator hostel, on tavistock place, right between kings cross and russel square stations. watching the news i see streets i used to walk on a daily basis. the world is more depressing everyday:(