Request New sub forum banners

Nurse Ratched

Bluelight Crew
I like the NMI waving teddy bear but I would like to see the TDS banner changed. The person standing there watching the waves come in is peaceful and all but I would really like to see a night landscape with a full moon in the background. Coupled with a snowy owl perched on a tree branch. I just think it would not only be beautiful but truly depict TDS. Just me thinking out loud. The banner is kind of droll and not very colorful.

Or maybe a winter cottage in a snow covered landscape with the lights on in the cottage and smoke coming out of the chimney. Just something really peaceful and comforting to look at. Maybe a wood pile on the side and an old rusty tractor sitting there as well.
Any artist on here that can make this happen?

EDIT from deficiT:

@Nurse Ratched has proposed a change in the TDS banner. @Negentropic has put together an image for it, so I am making this thread as a place for this conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
0vq5QQd.png

@Nurse Ratched just threw this together real quick, extremely rough draft its not proportioned or blended or anything, just to see if this is your idea you wanted

I always liked doing photo manip

probably needs more tree(s)

lol snow owls in pictures either look super majestic or ultra derpy :ROFLMAO:

0vq5QQd.png

@Nurse Ratched just threw this together real quick, extremely rough draft its not proportioned or blended or anything, just to see if this is your idea you wanted

I always liked doing photo manip

probably needs more tree(s)
It's beautiful. And the snowy owl is handsome too. I think it would make a great banner for TDS. Thanks so much Snaffy.....me loves ya.

@Nurse Ratched

ChBIsZ1.jpg

still not done, I added a few things not sure if I like them, too much maybe, and I still need to compress it better quality is sketchy, tried to apply a factal behind the owl but its not showing up very well after compressed will prob remove that

but I am curious as to how it will look once applied (I am on 1440p the site will stretch it), I also want to see where the text is going to be centered

maybe just throw it up on a test version of the site or something, I just want to see what it looks like before I finalize it

I think the flying guy might be too much, what do you think?

So, looks like we got everyone's blessing except n3o. As she just had her youngin I'm expecting to not hear back from her super soon and don't think I'll bother her with this.

But I'll go ahead and update the banner as soon as I can.