Request New sub forum banners

uWNhXRH.jpg

@Nurse Ratched

bada bing bada boom

made some adjustments, the owl will now sit in the middle right next to the banner text

as for the mobile version I need some guidance from @Xorkoth or whoever has access to the backend, on mobile it's not scaling down apparently, I can make a specific smaller mobile version, or maybe it can be scaled. Some advanced CSS scaling could be used, if possible on the backend software.
You are the man. The bada bing bada boom man.

Great job.

I have some other ideas for some other forums and I will be hitting you up. Thanks babe.

I have some other ideas for some other forums and I will be hitting you up. Thanks babe.
cool, I really do enjoy doing this for fun

I used to do it for work, mostly branding/logos/websites, but I had to quit the field due to my colorblindness causing a lot of frustration with clients, well mostly me being frustrated and the clients questioning my intelligence

"I asked for purple! That isn't purple!! What the hell?"

me: :bs:

hmm, I just checked it on 1440p and 1080p and it's displaying perfectly for me, nothing is cut off

@Xorkoth did you change the scaling on the back end?

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.png

looks great on my end

It displays fine for me too. The issue is that on smaller screens, the owl and floating man are not showing, because it cuts off the left and right sides. Basically the way it is set up right now is to center the image, so if the screen is narrow, it will show much less of the sides. That means on mobile screens, it's going to be just the night sky in the middle and likely some of the moon. If we could get the "areas of interest" more in the middle somehow, it would work better for all devices. Not sure how possible this is, as I am not sure how you created the image and how moveable anything in there is.

All of the menu links and forum title need to all be within the image, so we can scale the image size, really, because it needs to remain as tall as it is. Unless I do some significant work to rework how the clickable elements appear on mobile throughout the site's forum headers (like horizontally, or some sort of carousel or something, but that would be a more significant undertaking. Though it is something we have been considering, to improve the UI of the site on mobile devices).

I have no access to the back end software, that is hidden to admins. I can access the templates, so basically just the front end HTML/CSS, and I can insert javascript, as well.

EDIT: Oh I see you already made a new version, let me adjust it, should be adjusted in a few minutes

EDIT2: The new version is in there, let me know if you want to make any other edits. I'll try to remember to watch this thread to see if there are more changes or any new banners for other forums. But if I am not answering, even if you @ me, you can send me a PM. Sometimes I miss notifications because I get a ton.

It displays fine for me too. The issue is that on smaller screens, the owl and floating man are not showing, because it cuts off the left and right sides. Basically the way it is set up right now is to center the image, so if the screen is narrow, it will show much less of the sides. That means on mobile screens, it's going to be just the night sky in the middle and likely some of the moon. If we could get the "areas of interest" more in the middle somehow, it would work better for all devices. Not sure how possible this is, as I am not sure how you created the image and how moveable anything in there is.

All of the menu links and forum title need to all be within the image, so we can scale the image size, really, because it needs to remain as tall as it is. Unless I do some significant work to rework how the clickable elements appear on mobile throughout the site's forum headers (like horizontally, or some sort of carousel or something, but that would be a more significant undertaking. Though it is something we have been considering, to improve the UI of the site on mobile devices).

I have no access to the back end software, that is hidden to admins. I can access the templates, so basically just the front end HTML/CSS, and I can insert javascript, as well.

EDIT: Oh I see you already made a new version, let me adjust it, should be adjusted in a few minutes

EDIT2: The new version is in there, let me know if you want to make any other edits. I'll try to remember to watch this thread to see if there are more changes or any new banners for other forums. But if I am not answering, even if you @ me, you can send me a PM. Sometimes I miss notifications because I get a ton.
yeah looks great now on destkop, I think @Nurse Ratched will be happy with that

as for the mobile version, only solution I can think of is using some semi-advanced CSS to center the owl a bit more, you can do more than scaling with CSS and can position the image via percentage units, responsive web design

can you use advanced CSS here? I'm not sure what the backend looks like or what it accepts

however, on my phone at least, it's such a small width the owl would start to be behind the text should it be centered, it may not even be worth it, it looks decent to me on mobile with just the dark clouds alone, as it is now

Last edited:
Yes please. On the desktop version. You can leave the flying man where he is but please move your beautiful snowy owl in please. He needs to be more visible as he is handsome. Thanks, hon.
Needy, needy, needy 😛

uWNhXRH.jpg

@Nurse Ratched

bada bing bada boom

made some adjustments, the owl will now sit in the middle right next to the banner text

as for the mobile version I need some guidance from @Xorkoth or whoever has access to the backend, on mobile it's not scaling down apparently, I can make a specific smaller mobile version, or maybe it can be scaled. Some advanced CSS scaling could be used, if possible on the backend software.
Bellisomo good sir! I think that's a good word in another language? Whatever, good work then chap.

Needy, needy, needy 😛
nah, I always ask clients for adjustments and expect many, it calms my anxiety if anything for some reason

in fact, until they give me feedback I feel very anxious, I love feedback, it helps me in a lot of ways

needy is asking me to completely redo the entire design lol, which clients sometimes did, THAT is annoying (but this is different, for fun, and not scared they will dispute the charge and take their $ back out of anger)

Bellisomo good sir! I think that's a good word in another language? Whatever, good work then chap.
thanks

I'm ultimately stealing like 6 different images I did not create to make this, lol. It's not original work, but an original composition.

sometimes I have too much humility in me, not enough ego... rare?

Last edited:
Alright @Negentropic . Ready to show off your talent. Looking for some feedback from all the mods in their respective forums. A few suggestions:

Cannabis Discussion is blank. How come there isn't a big fat kush nugget there with purple hairs. I mean a giant one.

Sports and Image enhancing has a small little barbell weight. How about the whole barbell with a green incredible hulk standing next to it.

Drug culture. Looks like a first grader drew it. How about a syringe, a few colored pills, a few piles and lines of different colored powders, a few crack rocks and a cop.

NASSD, EEAD, and AUS thread all have the same banner.

OD. This one's cool. The old fashioned apothecary shelves full of meds is a nice one.

Psychedelics is a nice one too already.

Mental health is blank.

Health and recovery. The yellow sign that says recovery is good. A bit large. Maybe shrink that down and put in that symbol for medicine. The one that has a snake wound around something. Perforated had it as his avatar at one point. Maybe a small sign that says " It's never too late to get help."

CEPS needs livening up. What would be cool is 4 buildings that are associated with the Country's government building. The US White House. The Kremlin. Whatever UK's building is. And maybe one more.

This is as far as i went for now. Obviously we need lots of input and the go ahead. When we open a forum what's the first thing that pops out? The banner. It creates a feeling. Like the new one for TDS. I think people immediately feel calm as it is so peaceful looking.

Maybe once a week @Negentropic could create a new banner. By summer each forum would have a brand new look. It might seem corny to some but our eyes can create different feelings by what we see. Some might even be funny looking and make people laugh.

Any suggestions? Would you really be willing Snaffy? Your work is very good and you said you enjoyed it. Everytime you opened BL your art work would be looking right back atcha !:Mario party:

If anyone wants a banner or any other graphics for your respective forum, just let me know and give me a vague general idea of what you might want.
Not for a forum but we could use some small simple stuff for the Discord. Thank you so much for helping with all of this btw.

Sure, what do you need for discord?
The highest resolution ‘Bluelight logo’ you happen to have on your computer is good enough as the icon, and then just something simple but professional looking and high resolution for the server invite background. Thanks again Crispy!

The highest resolution ‘Bluelight logo’ you happen to have on your computer is good enough as the icon, and then just something simple but professional looking and high resolution for the server invite background. Thanks again Crispy!
preferred color? blue like the default BL theme, or gray like discord theme? (For the background)

Last edited:
yeah looks great now on destkop, I think @Nurse Ratched will be happy with that

as for the mobile version, only solution I can think of is using some semi-advanced CSS to center the owl a bit more, you can do more than scaling with CSS and can position the image via percentage units, responsive web design

can you use advanced CSS here? I'm not sure what the backend looks like or what it accepts

however, on my phone at least, it's such a small width the owl would start to be behind the text should it be centered, it may not even be worth it, it looks decent to me on mobile with just the dark clouds alone, as it is now

Yes and in fact I do such things for a living. Any CSS is allowed. Let me know what you'd like me to do, if anything. I can mess around with it using @media rules

MrzMbwr.jpg

lrl1dmy32yo51.png

I used this as a template---^, assuming that's what the invite screen still looks like

let me know if it needs any adjusting or anything

@Negentropic Looks good. The main change to make is just making the “Bluelight.Org” and the ‘Harm Reduction Community’ much brighter and a decent bit larger.