Request New sub forum banners

Yay. We got everyones approval. Can't wait to open TDS and see the new banner !! xoxo

I've edited the TDS forum header to include @Negentropic 's awesome image. :)

It automatically centers and sizes to the screen and cuts off the left and right sides if necessary. There's some fancy CSS that CFC found (or wrote maybe). I have in the past always been told that the images should be 1200 x 400, but I am not sure f that is actually ideal, since most peoples' screen's are wider than that now. It works great.

I've edited the TDS forum header to include @Negentropic 's awesome image. :)

It automatically centers and sizes to the screen and cuts off the left and right sides if necessary. I have in the past always been told that the images should be 1200 x 400, but I am not sure f that is actually ideal, since most peoples' screen's are wider than that now. It works great.
Sweet, thanks!

What do you guys think?

I think it;s perfect. I love it. I am going to think up some other new ones to keep him busy. He does a great job and the banners could use some pizzazz.

Whilst I LOVE it, for some reason on my laptop it's cut the banner short on both sides so that the owl doesn't show up. I like the owl lol. Is there a way of fixing that?

Whilst I LOVE it, for some reason on my laptop it's cut the banner short on both sides so that the owl doesn't show up. I like the owl lol. Is there a way of fixing that?
Yeah I can fix anything I will take a look at how it's being formatted by the site when I get home from the airport

What screen resolution are you on? Curious

Last edited:
My suggestion is to get the floating guy and owl closer to the center. Then when it cuts the sides of for narrow screens, they'll both be in there.

Yeah, it's not just your laptop it's an issue with the image size and dimensions and how the website displays it.

Sounds like Xork is going to be the man for this job, thanks for helping out.

I think it looks cool, but I agree, having the owl or the moon part of the image would make it pop a lot better.

As it stands now it's just a night sky and I think it could be a lot cooler.

But that's just my opinion, I have no idea how to make it actually work, so, good luck and Godspeed gentleman ;)

hmm, I just checked it on 1440p and 1080p and it's displaying perfectly for me, nothing is cut off

@Xorkoth did you change the scaling on the back end?

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf.png

looks great on my end

Last edited:
@mal3volent as for the lounge, I seem to not have many creative idea other than just some picture of a lounge

anyone have any ideas or requests for that?

I'll keep trying to think of something

I could do some new picture of a 'lounge' and some typography or something, idk, just trying to think of something more original

Ok so on desktop, I see it loud and clear.

On mobile, it is only the small square in the middle.

Any artist on here that can make this happen?

EDIT from deficiT:

@Nurse Ratched has proposed a change in the TDS banner. @Negentropic has put together an image for it, so I am making this thread as a place for this conversation.
Pumpkin, can u do another ‘would u rather’ ??
U know I love those lol. Also, sorry but I met u as Pumpkin so you’ll always be pumpkin to me. I’ve always thought that name is hella cute ☺️

Ok so on desktop, I see it loud and clear.

On mobile, it is only the small square in the middle.
Yeah it's not being scaled down on mobile, might be hard to do anyways. It will probably be better for me to make a different version of it specifically for mobile.

Yeah it's not being scaled down on mobile, might be hard to do anyways. It will probably be better for me to make a different version of it specifically for mobile.
Do you know how to put the flying man and the snowy owl more centered so that they aren't on the outskirts of the picture? It's a great look now as it is but the owl needs to be more visible as opposed to hanging out on the sidelines. What do ya think?

Do you know how to put the flying man and the snowy owl more centered so that they aren't on the outskirts of the picture? It's a great look now as it is but the owl needs to be more visible as opposed to hanging out on the sidelines. What do ya think?
On the desktop version? I can if needed. Don't want to crowd the text in the center, though.

I can always make adjustments

On the desktop version? I can if needed. Don't want to crowd the text in the center, though.

I can always make adjustments
Yes please. On the desktop version. You can leave the flying man where he is but please move your beautiful snowy owl in please. He needs to be more visible as he is handsome. Thanks, hon.

uWNhXRH.jpg

@Nurse Ratched

bada bing bada boom

made some adjustments, the owl will now sit in the middle right next to the banner text

as for the mobile version I need some guidance from @Xorkoth or whoever has access to the backend, on mobile it's not scaling down apparently, I can make a specific smaller mobile version, or maybe it can be scaled. Some advanced CSS scaling could be used, if possible on the backend software.