Phish (the band not the sports team) in MIAMI || 4 Shows || Dec 28-31

miamistu

Bluelighter
Phish (the band not the sports team) in MIAMI

4 shows Dec 28-31 at the American Airlines Arena. I cant wait!!! Havent been to a show since the last one in Fl at Big Cypress (which was awesome, but I guess phish would rather party on South Beach themselves than play all night from midnight to 7am, g-d Big Cypress was awesome).

Anyway, at least I wont have to sit in 12 hours of traffic this time (although it only took an hour to get home from Big Cypress).

Exclusive: A Phish On The Hook
Band's Bassist Gordon Accused Of Child Endangerment

POSTED: 10:22 p.m. EDT August 18, 2003
UPDATED: 9:30 p.m. EDT August 19, 2003

NEW YORK -- A Phish is on the hook for endangering the welfare of a minor after he allegedly tried to take pictures of a young girl inside a deserted boathouse.

FeedRoom

'Phish' Bassist Arrested

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video: Get The Full Story Here
Entertainment: News, Gossip & More
E-Mail This Story: To A Friend!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But following private conversations between the band's manager and the child's parents, there's a question about whether the band's bassist, Mike Gordon, will avoid facing that charge.

Gordon, 38, was arrested after being found late at night in a secluded area with a 9-year-old girl. The girl's parents raised an alarm when she disappeared from a backstage area at Jones Beach Theater.

New York State Park Police say Gordon showed a different side after a concert last week by The Dead. Investigators say Gordon -- who calls himself "Cactus" -- was an invited guest backstage at Jones Beach. He was not invited, they say, to take a 9-year-old girl to an isolated location behind the theater.

"The area is actually like a work area for state employees who operate boats out of that area," said Maj. Richard O'Donnell, of the New York State Park Police. "It's a darkened area, not intended for public access."

O'Donnell, who is the region's commanding officer, would not discuss what the bass player told officers when he was found with the child on a dock. But a police report obtained by NewsChannel 4 reveals "The defendant stated he wanted to take 'art photos' of the victim."

Police confirm that Gordon has never been convicted of any crime. Law enforcement sources said that after the band member was arrested, he told officers, "I may have shown bad judgment, but I am not a pedophile."

The Law enforcement sources identify the girl's father as a leader of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, whom they say had also been invited backstage to watch The Dead concert. Gordon was held for police by theater security "and the victim's father's associates -- which the police report decribes as other Hell's Angels members.

When responding to a request for an interview, Phish's manager e-mailed a joint statement from Gordon and the child's parents that reads: "It is now clear to all involved that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and we look forward to putting this matter behind us."

Later, in a conference call, the manager said Gordon's trying to "make amends" with the family. The girl's father added that "muckraking journalists should put the story to rest."

Both declined to discuss whether the musician is paying compensation.

When asked by NewsChannel 4 if there was any reasonable explanation for Gordon to have been with the girl at 1:00 AM in a secluded boat house, Maj. O'Donnell of the State Park Police said "I have no explanation for it."

The commander says he "absolutely" stands by the police investigation and has referred the bass player's boathouse rendezvous case to the Nassau County district attorney for prosecution.

The DA's office says the evidence is being evaluated. Regardless of whether Gordon has to face a judge next month, law-enforcement sources say unofficial justice was already delivered. The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body.
Copyright 2003 by WNBC.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

i'll be there, my friend.

miami is gonna be crazy for those 4 days/nights.

especially downtown-- where all the kids are staying. should be fun.

How bout a Bluelight phish phan meet up at the show? I will be there for all four shows and we might as well have a real party...

Oh yeah, where are the after parties gonna be? First time to Miami, driving in from upper Georgia.

DERP! Phish phans are stinky! derp derp DERP! Follow the stench, just follow the smell, man that arena is gunna stink. der der der derpppp!! DERP DERDER DERP!

There are SO many better ways to make fun of us then the smell. I'm totally gunna start making fun of the raver kids around here. :)

What raver kids? This is Miami. Raves are illegal down here.

Who cares if they may smell, they are a crowd of some of the kindest people ever. If any fans suck its Widespreads (mainly fratboys and poser hippies). At the last and definately my last WSP show i went to it was full of the Po's, and jackass frat boys a few of which called me a "fucking hippy"(which i don't consider myself to be) and told me to "get out of their space" and then pushed me down on the ground. Plus panic is lame, none of their musicians are talented especially compared to phish and their music is far from unique... Anyways Phish fans on a whole are not that bad smelling (from what I remember) and nice nice folks (more important than something like smell.)

I apologize, mushman, and behalf of the panic community. wish you'd give us another shot. sure, they're frat guys around, but I've found most of them are still pretty nice on the whole. I've met lots of warm, loving individuals at panic lots, and I've met some scumbags, too. The exact same applies for phish shows. More good then bad in both cases.

To me, the lot is heaven, taken with the good and the bad.

oh, and for the record, i'm not a fratboy or poser hippie or even a real hippie. I'm just a weirdo misfit, and thats all anybody else in the lot is.

heh, next time they come through the atlanta region i will give it a go, but I was just so horribly turned off by the crowd and the show in general (the band just didn't seem into it at all) that I had quite the unfun time... So since then I have never gone to a Panic show, but if the occation arrives again I will try it out. Was anyone else at the show in birmingham last year? Really quite the unpleasant show IMO, another problem there was the crazy ass police force on platforms above the crowd and some task force up on building roof tops (saw them setting up pre show)

oh yeah, anyone know of any after parties for the miami phish show, any people playing after phish is done? on NYE or any of the other dates, (ps. Just got my tickets in the mail) :) And has anyone been to the AAArena before? What is the sound like? the seating? the security?

mushman1 said:
How bout a Bluelight phish phan meet up at the show? I will be there for all four shows and we might as well have a real party...

lets do that. i'll also be there for all 4 shows. and a day after that as well.

i'm staying at the dupont- 5 blocks from AAA. where is everyone else who's going staying? besides far away from pod.

by the way-- i have an extra 12/30 section 114 (20 rows from the floor) to trade for a NYEve ticket. would be willing to throw in some cash or other trade, also. pm me

also-- you can check out the view from your section at the heat's website.

http://www.nba.com/heat/

anyone been to a show at the AAA? What is the sound like?
I am staying at a friends family's house, free room and food :).....

Hehe, I'm the resident asshole now, dontcha know?

But so I can be nice, the internal sound system at the AA Arena won't be in use. Any act that plays in this venue brings their own sound reinforcement. I don't follow Phish, so I have no idea who the contractor is.

And none of yous know where I live, so you might just be staying close to me and not know it. Hell, my roommate could be hosting you and I could be in the next room plotting your untimely demise!

It sounds just fine with a decent engineer/system. I'm guessing Phish has both with the budget they have from selling all those midwestern white kids $20+ T-shirts and hats hehe.