Phish (the band not the sports team) in MIAMI || 4 Shows || Dec 28-31

Geez! Not to sound like your father, but tell your friends to take care of themselves! It's not worth going into the pokey just so your friends can trip out. Take care of yourself, sure, but don't stick your neck out like that...watching a few episodes of Oz might reinforce that belief haha.

haha, yeah, not near to the dumbest thing (though still dumb as hell) i have done at a show, like the time i decided clothes were keeping me from salvation....

Well one time my friend said he saw the social fabric of the universe tearing. Then I puked on said fabric.

Bluelight meetup

I don't have tickets to the 29th or 31st shows I'll probably be looking for something to do. Anyone else in the same boat?!

listen dude, go to the show, and wander, you will more then likely find extras, get their HOURS early and you should be set, hell the lot will be a party anyways.... you could always go to the 4 aftershows down the street George Clinton, Soulive, Dj Spooky, Particle and some other people... check it out on ticketmaster...

Hey pod, shattup mayn, lol.

I'm planning on hitting up a couple of the Phish shows and then trying to make it to Space. Anyone know who's playing there NYE, cus it'll be open after Phish. I wanna see Markus again!

mushman1 said:
Who cares if they may smell, they are a crowd of some of the kindest people ever. If any fans suck its Widespreads (mainly fratboys and poser hippies). At the last and definately my last WSP show i went to it was full of the Po's, and jackass frat boys a few of which called me a "fucking hippy"(which i don't consider myself to be) and told me to "get out of their space" and then pushed me down on the ground. Plus panic is lame, none of their musicians are talented especially compared to phish and their music is far from unique... Anyways Phish fans on a whole are not that bad smelling (from what I remember) and nice nice folks (more important than something like smell.)
That's funny. I thought it was the other way around. All my frat boy toys were the ones who listened to Phish. Yet the WP concert I went to was flooded with genuine fucking hippies. Even had their little barefooted hippy kids with em. That is the thing with stereotypes. they are fucking stupid.

i was just drawing from personal experience, plus I remember when I liked panic, yeah, when they were called the allman brothers. See my main problem w/ WS is their total lack of originallity and lack of skill at their instruments. Houser is dead so now I don't give a damn about them (as he was the only really good musician in the band). Both shows have posers but I have, in 20+ shows failed to meet more then a handful of jackasses at a phish show, now at WP I see them flocking in... maybe I was hallucinating, well i definately was, and maybe I am totally wrong, as I was saying from the shows I have been to the fan base of panics were just not as pleasant. I am open to anyone though just as long as they try and be kind and are there for the music not to pick up girls or just get fucked up... anyway sorry for the rambling... bye

you are there for the right reason and that is all that matters :)

sigh.... i am witnessing recently the influx of many many of the clubbers into some of the local (ATL) jam band shows... The men are the big problem, i see plenty of women who are the walking textbook example of these barhopping don't give a damn about the music girls, but atleast they aren't as obnoxious as the guys.... At the last show i attended (galactic) many treated it as a sort of "club" or bar attempting to pick up women or get piss drunk not listen to the music. I was sick of the multiple dudes who pushed me out of the way to get rejected the next "hippy" chick who for the 20th time for the night had to explain that she came for the music not to "hook up" with people... god i hope people realized that, many of the people go to the show FOR THE MUSIC, hooking up with people afterwords is cool but I never really do much more then befriend girls at shows occasionally aquiring someone to dance with me. It just bothers me the numbers of people who don't come for the music, and in a way spoil the atmosphere, sigh, i know i shouldn't be judgemental but it just seems like a huge problem this day, as i noticed at the show and a few others. I had a conversation with a few girls almost all of whom complained of guys hitting on them not between songs or sets but DURING the damn show, come on people listen to the damn music. My friends seem to all agree, I just wish people would realize this, sometimes, though I love to trip at a show, I feel as if I am one of the few people who can enjoy one of these shows sober... its kind of disinheartening to see... so if any of you guys who go to shows are listening to this I would say that most of us are sick of you, especially the ladies (atleast some of them) and that NO the hippy chicks arent attracted to your tucked in polo shirt, kaki (sp) pants and belt, or your lame ass pick up lines (ps. i am a guy) anyways peace to all... and if you people have any similar experiences please share

moving to another section to get the general consensus (probably the music section)

Last edited:
mush i hear ya, It is why and how I got so into the scene (in Atl) when i did too. It was such a massive difference from the usual shit you dealt with when you went out for a night. I was pretty damn hot 10 years ago (shush, that isn't bad to say after you have had two kids :p =D ) and whereever young pretty girls go, you can't dance with some cheeseball coming up behind you trying to schmooze ya. You get a little tired of saying "I was doing fine on my own" and moving away to dance. It was nice getting involved in a crowd that judged you on you and not your looks.

Yeah one fo the most satisfying parts of these shows is when you can connect with nearly everyone (except these cheeseballs) and you just look them in the eyes whether the be a guy or a girl and they smile back, no words are said, you both know "this music is sick, share the love"(i know it may sound corny for some, but for me its one of the greatest things ever) god i find that exchange between people so moving and pleasant, the good vibes are almost as good as the good music, I wish everyone could understand or get into this scene... I wish people wouldn't think you odd outside of a show if you gave them a friendly smile or hug, but if i did that to 99 percent of the people I know outside of the show scene then I would more then likely be a)ignored or b)have people think I was either gay or some "stupid hippy"... ah well... on a side note are those your kids (darthmom) that I see in the new picture slots? they are really cute

oh and about the bluelight meetup, I fear putting my pic up for a certain unnameable reason, as that too might add to the suspicion, but just name a time and place, or set up a BL flag... peace people and out...

i'm staying right near the aaa, at the dupont.

any bl'ers wanting to meet up-- come to the lobby of the dupont around 5pm on the 28th.

i'll just come down from my room and start screamin' "B LIGHT ERS!!!!!! (same tone as G- U -NIT!!!!!

I will be selling posters and t-shirts ect., if i take a break i will drop by