*Review* Satuday Feb. 14, 04 "For the Ladies" CBus, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ poor polly... she is a nice girl... youll be back out eventually it just might be awhile.

liquid... none of those security gaurds were rolling... take my word for it, biker gang member arent big on the pill poppin and i talked to all of them all night... the reason he told you to move on and no more dealing is because there were dea agents taking pictures of anything suspect so if he thought something was up at all he was just trying to warn you... all those gaurds are really cool cats

happy monday hangover everyone

ol' school

XmiKeX said:
people bickering on BL about whos old school......(doesnt make them old school).....

unless youve attended a party '95 or less.....id say your old school.

mike dizzy..

Right own, Ol' school is straight rep. since 94 baby babbie.

Thanks!

Thanks Mike and Justin for having me out for this. It was a great party, I had a blast!!

I would just like to say that Forest Green rocked! That girl was awesome, eveything thing about her set was great. Just her stage presence alone was amazing!

Can't leave out Josh the Funky one. Dude toar it up as always. Not to mention he is a really nice guy. I went behind stage to talk to him, he was reallly cool.

Thanks Nightbreed

I'll have to say that this party was great! I really enjoyed myself and met a lot of new people. I got a chance to meet sage for the first time. I'll have to say she is very down to earth girl! Billy b it was nice meeting you! I really enjoyed your mix on the way home. I'll see what I can do for you in
Kentucky.
Thanks night breed for the play time. I really enjoyed myself to the fullest.
I'll have to agree with Billy b that Forest Green put on an amazing set! She had a wicked ass set as usual.
It was good to finally meet Justin and Mike in person. Thanks again for a fun night guys!!!
peace
Shannon aka Shan Tran

^^^It was nice to meet you to Shannon. I am glad you enjoyed the Cd, thanks for your help!!

Bill

This was an awesome time! I met alot of cool people. Shout outs have to go to the New Harmony, IN, peeps for keeping it real and sending out a positive vibe. Richard from Greenfield, IN-keep dancin, kid!

great party

highlights: hardware with the slamming sound and forest green having the best set of her life (all smiles behind the decks)

wish meghan had gotten more time to bring us the dark psytrance... mmm dark psy...

thanks~!

much love

thanks to mike and justin for havin me out for this party, and thanks to jeremiah for the nod. i had a fuckin blast rockin out for an hour and the rest of the night was amazing as well. i met a lot of cool people and would love to be involved in the next nightbreed event.
peace,
seth

^make sure you get me a cd soon... ill be back in cbus for colette i think... its deep house but shes hot...

josh the fucnky one was nice...hmmm intresting

I must say this was one of the best times I have ever had playing records. Good vibe, good crowd, & good friends all attributed to a hell of a time for Quantum & myself.
Everyone should thank Mike & justin & pray that they continue to throw quality events like for the ladies. I look forward to working with you guys in the future again.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me come out and play. The Freeform was banging...can't wait for the next one. Great job guys...stampede

damn. this one was ahell of a party. aside from the obvious rave trappings of spazzed out kids and REALLY icky bathrooms (2 bathrooms for 1200 people=bad idea), i had a blast. great music all night long, and i danced continuosly the whole time(which is rare). here go the point by point reviews:

The Lady Foursqare: HOLY SHIT! this woman is fearless on the decks. double copies everywhere, scratching tracks in, dancing like crazy behind the decks, flipping off the crowd. i think we were seperated at birth. i haven't heard marea in about a year, and in that year she has just gotten DOPE! book her now! :)

sage: comes correct as always. squooshy bass that makes people have to pee.

Forest green: i have been talking to this girl for 5 years and finally got to meet her in person. totally down to earth kick ass girl, and she smiles behind the decks like she knows something that no one else does. hell yeah!

titonton: damn. i can't wait to hear him again tuesday. broken beat bizness like you have never heard. his music is the next level shit. pay attention. i was totally stoked to see the rave kids actually getting down to this stuff. how can u not?

all told, i heard a lot of excellent djs all night. even the styles i am not into were well represented talentwise.

props to the promoters for a great production (we were talking about the lighting rig in the ladies room all night) andfor providing heat. :)

i am still recovering on my sleep. sheeyat...

to Nightbreed: Excellent Job you guys!!!

The venue was incredible with art. Every wall was covered, even the ones that were way in the back. A lot of time was spent doing this.

The set-up was great. Lightshows were beautiful and well designed. The screen show was even good. I think some of it showed the decorating of the venue. Sound systems were crazy loud and correctly placed for least amount of echo in the rooms!!!

Water $2, Red Bull $4, heat minimal but there, bathrooms were minimal and long waited. Live with it.

I spent most of the time in the "mens room".

DJs:
Jeffrey Collins:
sucks to go on first cause the technical problems are worked out and nobody is there to hear your set. I heard it bro. GOOD. BTW, hats off to your artwork.

Sparrow:
Gotsta luv your house!! High-fivin vocals and catchy basslines @ 130. Even Ororo was gettin down with her bad self.

Josh The Funky One:
Hard and in your face. I didnt even hear a bust in his mixing. This dude showed nothing but luv for the crowd with his tricks and programming. He luvs what he does and it shows. GREAT set!!!

Titonton Duvante:
I think he got a time machine, went to the future to see what the music was like, then came here to show it off. His music and inter-twining is on a level that I have never heard before. Appreciate the differences that dance music has to offer.

Aus 10 & Quantum:
This was the best set I heard!! These guys were gettin' down like they were alone in their basement spinning. Noone could of been there and it wouldn't of mattered. Excellent 90 min. tag you guys!!!

Cathexis:
Speed garage was different and good. The only bad thing was the system in the back kept overheating, causing it to short out. Its all good though, and got your CD bro.

This night was everything a rave was supposed to be.

The people were many and young. I'm talking early teen young. I'm talking 15-20 in prison young. I'm talking first hair on balls young. 1200 people was a great turnout though.

The vibe was strange and weird. Not a lot of dancing. Just weird and spooky. The event is what YOU make it, not others. Had a blast. Keep bouncin'

oo i did talk to you while there.. you were kind of very short with me however... hummm :p

"are you from indy"

Status
Not open for further replies.