• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The travel thread

When does your AK47 training start Felix? Might be an idea to get the practice is now so you can mow down some of them hard hitting kidnapping mofos!
i've got a placement with the IDF for a couple of weeks in February before we ship out. it's the bad guys that have the A to the muthafucking Ks, we prefer M16s for general purposes or MP5s/shotguns for urban combat. i already know that if someone tries to poke your eyes out, you just put the flat of your hand up to foil it, so i'm already well on the way. and i can do the crane like out of that karate kid films as well. :)

on another note has anyone been to madrid before?

the missus was meant to be goin with her mate 2moro but her mates dad is sick so she had to cancel and now i have been offered a place to go, its 100 euro to change the name on the ticket but itd be a cheap few days away... almost tempted to say OK and just go, never been to mainland spain before but been to the island around balerics and canaries many times

too late, by the time i decided id go last night she had resigned herself to not going, pffft.. women..

A good slapping to knock some sense in to her is required. Failing that deeCee will go with you. :D

that means i wold have to get to ireland first... i cant afford that just now

is anyone else having trouble with skyscanner?.. it keeps defaulting to USA to somewhere.. and I can't change the dates either..

Skyscanner is great in theory but it's fucking useless in practice. The price they show is always a few days out of date and when it checks the current price it's changed! :X

What's the point unless it's current and up to date?

but she still has the tickets yeah??

the flights with aer lingus from dub to madrid only cost her like 65 euro each so no real loss not to show up i guess

£100 a night for hostels during carnival, Red Arrow?

didnt check yet really but seen prices on hotels in rio for 8 nights leading up to the carnival and it was like 400 euro for the double room in total for the whole time which was really cheap. we are going to fly to sao paolo then on the 19th and carnival starts on 20th in brazil so we will need to check prices on accomadation there then.. doubt sao paolo will be as expensive as rio for the carnival

I would book accomodation asap though because the place will be heaving.

Wow, quoted flight prices of £416 a few days ago, now dropped down to £388.

Don't know if I should wait a few more days or not..

At least I've found backpacker 3 month insurance for only £41 :)

Buy them now you're not likely to get cheaper than that.

That Heathrow to Singapore? That is a steal, don't put it off they will go up.

EDIT: Is that return flights?

3 months for £41 seems suspiciously cheap, what does it cover and who's it from? You need to make sure it covers theft from hostels for one.

Its return to Bangkok from Heathrow.

Backpacker Silver policy from travelinsurance.co.uk

Code:
Personal Belongings & Baggage	
The insurer, after taking off an amount for wear, tear and loss of value, will replace or pay for the loss, theft of or damage to property owned by you, up to a maximum of £1,000 in total. Limits are as follows;
- Single article up to £150;
- Valuables up to £250.
The insurer will also up to £50 for each full 12-hour period, up to £150, for buying essential items if your baggage is delayed during an outward journey for more than 12 hours (nil excess applies).	£1,000.00	£60.00

Personal Cash
 	The insurer will pay up to £200 (or up to £100 if aged under 18) for the loss or theft of cash or traveller’s cheques, if you can give them evidence that you owned them and evidence of their value. Cash is limited to £200.	£200.00	£60.00

Doesn't seem like a lot of cover, my camera is gonna be 200 alone.
Still shopping around.

Those flights are a bargain, book them right now otherwise I don't beleive your actually going to go. :p